Jraven's Alaska Sunroom Grow

That's a good site there kinda got lost wandering around lol....
Happy to help folks spend their money (-;

Fer shure, a lot of searching for the best price needs be done but there are a lot of places selling the hardware. Making a side opening vent on a wall would prolly be a lot easier then a roof vent.

Hey man, do you also have an oscillating fan in there stirring the air around the leaves? I didn't notice one in your photos.

Any kind of fan really, doesn't have to be fancy. You'll get better growth rates if the air is not stagnant at the leaf surface.
:bong:

Yea bro I do have a fan, it's not oscillating though. It does move enough air to wiggle the plants :dancer:
Its the main line of defense along with leaving the doors open. The situation only comes up occasionally, here in this climate, but when it does I can get aa pretty good temperature spike. It would be nice to have a setup that works automatically when I'm not home. It's a good application for something solar powered.

P_20160530_134459.jpg
Ma harvested the lush overwintered kale in the skiff garden. We've been eating lots of broccoli -like heads and sbe seasoned and dried a lot of leaves. It's now planted with garlic,carrots, a variety of lettuce, Brussels sprouts, cabbage.
View attachment 576419

Todays job for me, separating ethanol from water

P_20160529_122411_1_p.jpg

Last edited:
All kinds of fun a guy can have without neighbors in your face. I don't know if its possible for you to install a side vent but the automatic wax-filled greenhouse vent openers worked wonders for me (when I still had a greenhouse).

Lol, yep we get away with all kinds a shit here:)
That's good to hear, about the vents, jake, it is gonna be tricky to fit them in properly but I'll figure something out.

Plenty of elbow room here yep...Part of it is that people here generally aren't going to stick their nose in your business. It's pretty much a given that you don't "turn in" someone you may need help from in the future. Oh and the nearest cop shop is a long way away:). They need a boat or plane to get here lmao they gotta have a good reason.

Back