Jraven's Alaska Sunroom Grow

Glad to have you along, pathway and thanks for the rep:pass:
Looks like the Auto Blues is listed as a medium size. I'm curious how much the 7 gallon fabric pots will actually hold... I should be seeing them soon. I do have some other sized pots. If I put the AB in smaller pots I could grow more Fantasmo:d5:

Glad to have you along, pathway and thanks for the rep:pass:
Looks like the Auto Blues is listed as a medium size. I'm curious how much the 7 gallon fabric pots will actually hold... I should be seeing them soon. I do have some other sized pots. If I put the AB in smaller pots I could grow more Fantasmo:d5:
Hey there J, most pots are rated in trade gallons, which is 0.71 US gallon. So a 7 gallon pot would be 7*0.71=4.97 gallons. Take 5 gallons and evenly divide that with the height of the pots, and you will get an idea of how much soil it will take to fill the pot to your specified height. Hope that helps some. :toke:

That's less than I expected for the 7s, which is good since it looks like I'll be a little short of soil. Gonna be a pretty good crowd in the sunroom at any rate:cooldance:

Day 3
Had a couple fall by the wayside. One SC didn't thrive and one DBC shot up like the rest then keeled over. Pretty good so far with 100% germ and 2 out of 19 for casualties.
These are having even more seedling stretch than I usually see. Long-legged gals.
DSCN0956.JPG

Little bit of scenery
P_20160503_080732.jpg

Jraven , Love the bottom photo , right hand side , you are lucky like me as we live very close to nature . I have spent many years on by the ocean and just can't live away from it . But dam it must get cold up there . :thumbsup:

Back