Jack has a great structure . ive seen one get ratger karge, but it was in a big container.

You're doing great! I just had some beginners luck @Druid and A LOT of help from everybody here at AFN.
:pass:
Maybe some of that luck can rub off on me hehe

Today was business as usual ..
Day33_HDR1.jpg

except for one thing: Baby seems to have gotten herself a bunkmate
Day33_HDR3.jpg

Baby Day 6: Having the lights that far away it really takes a long time for everything to grow.. but I can't forego that stretching.
I've made up my mind as to how I'm going to train her:
  • The first nodal shoots are going to go
  • Nodes 2 and 3 are going to be my targets
  • Above 3 she's going to get topped
  • The branches of 2 and 3 will be topped once above their 2nd node
  • Once the trunk has reached node 2 and starts on 3 the light will be lowered to 45cm until 3 is established,
  • After that it'll go back up to 80cm
  • Until the branches have been topped; At that point 60cm will be maintained
  • Once she hits flower the target moves to 45cm
I have a hypothesis how that is going to turn out and am going to confirm it with Baby. Should the evidence support it I will retest the theory with a single photo Critical and attempt a 1mx1m scrog(without the actual screen).
Day33_HDR2.jpg

Jack Day 33: I tied down the trunk and lowest side branch into their final positions, removed some fan leaves that were blocking the light
Day33_HDR4.jpg

Both were fed with 1L of full strength Green solution.

Looking good in there! I love all the little experiments! I was afraid to even touch my JH for almost 5 weeks :rofl:

... Then I realized just how strong they are!
:vibe:

Looking good in there! I love all the little experiments! I was afraid to even touch my JH for almost 5 weeks :rofl:

... Then I realized just how strong they are!
:vibe:

Oh yeah compared to my most vigorous growing trees (the ficus) these plants are growing at insane rates. The fastest growing tree around here is the black poplar with ~33cm (a foot) per year. Compare that to cannabis :haha:

I am watching how you defoliate closely! it is a hearty plant.

I don't defoliate a lot. I only take off the leaves that completely cover the new bud sites. Lower ones I leave on. There have to be enough starches for a vigorous root growth after all.

Fun fact about Baby's bunkmate.. does not seem to be a T3 type but it does fold up it's leaves when it has had enough. I wonder what it is.

Day34_HDR1.jpg

Baby Day 7: I lowered the light back down to 60cm.. at the former distance of 110cm they might stretch but the growth is so slow that it negates the benefit of it. I might start a node higher than planned.. we'll have to see. Fed as usual.
Day34_HDR2.jpg

Jack Day 34: Today I tied down the last 2 side branches I had let sprout a little. Now everything is tied in place. Fed the usual Liter at full strength. Almost 5 weeks old and no sign of flower yet.
I started this one on 18/6 and moved to 20/4 after 2 weeks.. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.
Day34_HDR3.jpg

I don't defoliate a lot. I only take off the leaves that completely cover the new bud sites. Lower ones I leave on. There have to be enough starches for a vigorous root growth after all.

Fun fact about Baby's bunkmate.. does not seem to be a T3 type but it does fold up it's leaves when it has had enough. I wonder what it is.

View attachment 654066

Baby Day 7: I lowered the light back down to 60cm.. at the former distance of 110cm they might stretch but the growth is so slow that it negates the benefit of it. I might start a node higher than planned.. we'll have to see. Fed as usual.
View attachment 654072

Jack Day 34: Today I tied down the last 2 side branches I had let sprout a little. Now everything is tied in place. Fed the usual Liter at full strength. Almost 5 weeks old and no sign of flower yet.
I started this one on 18/6 and moved to 20/4 after 2 weeks.. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.
View attachment 654079
My JH needed one 12 hour dark period to flip. There aren't a lot of JH journals out there but the ones I DID find mostly needed it to transition to flower.

Your plants look amaaaaazing!!!!
:bow:

My JH needed one 12 hour dark period to flip. There aren't a lot of JH journals out there but the ones I DID find mostly needed it to transition to flower.

Your plants look amaaaaazing!!!!
:bow:

Let's hope that's the case.. because if Jack doesn't flip on it's own I'm gonna let it go another month :p
Well 2 weeks at least. Getting the right light distance to balance growth and stretch isn't as easy as I thought it'd be.

Oh thanks having looked at your plants that means a lot. But I'm just good with the image stuff.

Note to anyone wanting to use paper clips for LST.. get some that don't rust.:nono:

Back