I am druid and really enjoy your grow! I have seen a few jacks get big, looks like yours will too. How is the branch in the cup?
I'm still quite sceptical as to how big it's going to get but you saying that does fill me with hope after seeing what you grew with the Mars 300s.
The branch hasn't developed any lenti cells yet but it is doing quite well in it's new plastic house. It does however appear to be having a light case of chlorosis.
Day24_HDR5.jpg

Welcome to afn
Thank you

Day 24: Remember when I thought it'd take 3 days to reoccupy the same volume as it did before trimming the fan leaves and "taking that cutting"? Yeah turns out it only took one day.
Day24_HDR2.jpg

Day24_HDR1.jpg

So that was quite the pleasant surprise. Here's a look under the hood; it looks as though she is highly prepubescent and will go hairy shortly.
Day24_HDR4.jpg

Another thing I noticed is that this one does indeed seem to be a bit of a mutant judging from some of the leaves.

I have also begun germinating a lone seed of what shall henceforth be called "Baby". It's an Indica of NL/Blueberry/Rude origin I shall try to self pollinate in order to keep alive. Jack here is more a proof of concept to learn about cannabis and it's peculiarities and with a months' headstart I do believe I have enough of a buffer to learn and keep Baby alive. The fun bit is going to be reversing only the lower branches of Baby and pollinating the central column and upper branches without overdosing on the silver solution (Ag2S2O3 + 2NaNO3).

Wanted to mention that @pop22 is our resident Dr. Frankencannastein. I enjoy the grow, but am by no means a knowledgeable grower such as yourself. I will be following along because I do enjoy learning.

Have a great day!

Wanted to mention that @pop22 is our resident Dr. Frankencannastein. I enjoy the grow, but am by no means a knowledgeable grower such as yourself. I will be following along because I do enjoy learning.

Have a great day!
Oh thanks but I'm not that knowledgeable about this plant yet. I can promise to do some interesting stuff though (already planned some experiments for the next half year :jointman:

Day 25: I did make sure to keep my RH quite low (which is 48% at 27°c for me) so they drink plenty. Today however I got only minimal runoff. Will have to raise my daily watering to 1.2L I suppose.

Salad anyone?
Day25_HDR1.jpg

Day25_HDR2.jpg

Day25_HDR3.jpg

Baby's seed did sprout and I'm currently preparing the substrate for it. This time I'm going with a mix that has proven itself quite reliable for my bonsai trees. More on that in a proper post either later today or tomorrow.

Today I modified my post processing workflow for the HDRs a little. Do let me know how you like these photos compared to the previous ones.

The photos are great!

Are the peppers enjoying the tent and lights?

They are indeed. The very left one I'm currently letting dry out.. [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] and [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] will be used for breeding this round. I wanna breed these (Capsicum annum Minimum) with some Chocolate mini bell peppers to get one that produces tiny, slightly hot chocolate bell peppers. Also gonna try a bit with 7pot white.. but those are almost too hot to eat.

See the reason I love this herb so much is because of the peppers and other stuff I grow. Canna grows in 20 days about as much as a pepper in 3 months. I mean the germination alone takes 3 weeks.

How do you tell if you have a male pepper plant or get pollen?

Oh no, peppers are so called perfect flowers. Their stamens are placed around the stigma.
slide_2.jpg

So once they open up and the pollen is ripened a tiny movement or wind is enough to fertilize it. If you want to cross breed them you have to wait until 1 day before a flower opens, cut away the petals, remove the stamens and put a bag over it. Then 2 days later you fertilize it with the "male" (the other flower) and bag it again for a few days.

Ok, that makes sense. Thank you for the education! So if u dusted canna buds with pepper pollen would you get spicy weed?

Trying to make a stoopid joke! I gave been growing for less than a year so learning is important to me.

Back