Indoor Itisivolution. Paradise loft.

Catching up on the thread was funny, I read a good few posts out to hubby and we had a chuckle or two. And yes, Itisi is right, I currently have a load of time on my hands to read stuff. Don't know if it'll last, but I'm making the most of it.

I just wish there was a bit more spare funding in the kitty so I could play with nice looking kit like LED lights and Aerogardens... Ah well, in a few months perhaps! It's hard, and expensive, tog et stuff out here. It's a trade off I guess. Currently the sun's out and it's 17C, but my thermometer is in shade until about 4pm so it'll be a while before the temp creeps up. It'd be nice to grow outdoors but I don't have enough privacy.

Going to check on the plants, brb.

Led is cheaper after a few grows. With the cfl's that you're using, they loose efficency. Led doesn't. You should replace your cfl's every grow. You keep led till they burn out.
The Aerogarden is a toy rather than a necessity. Witchy has a varied selection and may be able to point you at a cheap starting point.
As you grow mostly Mr. Island, you can always buying him grow equipment for his birthday.[emoji106]

Itisi
it is isn't it?

Led is cheaper after a few grows. With the cfl's that you're using, they loose efficency. Led doesn't. You should replace your cfl's every grow. You keep led till they burn out.
The Aerogarden is a toy rather than a necessity. Witchy has a varied selection and may be able to point you at a cheap starting point.
As you grow mostly Mr. Island, you can always buying him grow equipment for his birthday.[emoji106]

Itisi
it is isn't it?

If I was in the UK working I probably would go down the LED route, but it's not practical here. And Mr IG got other things for his birthday, it was earlier this month. SO I'll have to hope I win a LED light in one of the competitions!

If I was in the UK working I probably would go down the LED route, but it's not practical here. And Mr IG got other things for his birthday, it was earlier this month. SO I'll have to hope I win a LED light in one of the competitions!
Good luck.

Itisi
it is isn't it?

When you back in blighty? If I have any photoperiod plants on the go when you get back, you're welcome to a start.

Itisi
it is isn't it?

Thanks! I'm back for a couple of days in Feb but it'll either be bringing things back in preparation to moving north again, or bringing more things out because we're staying longer. I'll keep you posted!

I do have a couple of HPS bulbs and a parabolic, but I wouldn't run them out here at this stage of the venture. I can't sprout anything else either, because it all has to be done before the end of March. If we go back to the UK Mr IG will have a smokefest!!

Back