I love my internodes short and tight, I want a bush rather then a tall stem. My current grows are very simple 'micro' grows on my desk, so I want short bushy small plants. Because of this I have my led lights close to the plant, also I use SIL's (screw in LED's) which are not the strongest lights, but again these are grown on my desk as one would a simple houseplant. This is also the main reason I grow autoflowers, as I can have them on a desk and not worry about needing uninterrupted periods of darkness. So you should want the plant to suit your needs and its environment, often these short juvenile bushy plants will stretch. IMO your baby is doing well. Want to induce some stretch then yes raise the lights but IMO if the plant stays small and bushy, you might have more tops and need less LST..... Autoflowers do extremely well just with some simple leaf tucking and will reward you with multiple tops (flowering sites)..

View attachment 982349

You lady looks absolutely stunning! F#'*-"ing supermodel! With your microgrow style, whats your average plant height and yield?

You lady looks absolutely stunning! F#'*-"ing supermodel! With your microgrow style, whats your average plant height and yield?

I grew a Sour Lowryder to 12 inches tall and she gave me 18 grams of some great great medicine, in a little over 2 months.. This lady had multiple tops from leaf tucking and little desk lamps hitting the branch areas with some nice led screw in bulb light.. She was a beauty, a nice tiny plant grown on my desk with ease.

f-18.jpg

My latest was taller mainly due to me using a bigger pot, she hit around 18 inches in height, she is drying now and should come at around 30 grams dry, she is a Blueberry Haze strain, very sticky and stinky in a good way. I did run into some leaf burn from my lights and some calmag issues towards the end of bloom, but inspite of those issues she bloomed well and bloomed angry.

f-14.jpg

Autoflowers make for the most amazing houseplants!

I purposely try and keep these gals small and grow in a limited space in less then ideal conditions. I have over 30 years growing experience with various techniques and grows of various sizes, for my autos, they are simply little houseplants on my desk....

Wooooooah your pictures made me hungry, I wanna take a bite from those beautiful tops! :D ahahahah

And you dont have smell issues growing on your desk without any carbon filter? They don't stink up your place?

Today, day 17 I noticed that my internodes are spacing up just a little bit more than the first one so I lowered my light back to the original distance. I think that with her structure I won't have issues LSTing, if even needed. I'll try to post some pictures later.

Wooooooah your pictures made me hungry, I wanna take a bite from those beautiful tops! :D ahahahah

And you dont have smell issues growing on your desk without any carbon filter? They don't stink up your place?

Today, day 17 I noticed that my internodes are spacing up just a little bit more than the first one so I lowered my light back to the original distance. I think that with her structure I won't have issues LSTing, if even needed. I'll try to post some pictures later.

No they haven't really made the house smelly, though they will let of some fine odors. I burn candles a lot on my desk as they help relax me, and the candles help with a smell issues and also I get a C02 boost, not just from the candles but me being in the room a lot.

So, day 17 :)

As I told, the side branches are still too small so that I can tuck the fan leaves under. Only option (I think) is to let them grow a bit more before starting tucking.

What do you think of her?

fotografia 4 (1).JPG
fotografia 1.JPG
fotografia 2 (1).JPG
fotografia 3 (1).JPG
fotografia 1 (1).JPG

Attachments

• fotografia 4.JPG
    fotografia 4.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 58
  • fotografia 3.JPG
    fotografia 3.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 66
  • fotografia 2.JPG
    fotografia 2.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 70
Nice...

she looks nice and happy...…...

Hi mate! :) please help!!

Today, day 19, I started pre-training my baby. I've just placed an anchor at the bottom of the stem and started gently pushing the top down in the opposite direction.

While doing this I broke a fan leaf (2nd set) and ended up trimming the opposite one. She still has the first set, the third one is getting bigger and the fourth starting to open.

I'm afraid this will stunt her, beeing so young. What's your feeling on defoliating a couple of fan leaves this early?

Am I beeing too over-concerned?

Thanks mate! :D

Today, day 19, I started pre-training my baby. I've just placed an anchor at the bottom of the stem and started gently pushing the top down in the opposite direction.

While doing this I broke a fan leaf (2nd set) and ended up trimming the opposite one. She still has the first set, the third one is getting bigger and the fourth starting to open.

I'm afraid this will stunt her, beeing so young. What's your feeling on defoliating a couple of fan leaves this early?

Shouldn't hurt her too much.

They’re pretty resilient. They hit a certain stage where they don’t slow down. A fellow grower recently topped his by mistake when the light fell on her. She got over it.

I doubt you will stunt her. We have topped some auto's at this stage and they took off with some VIGOR..... However learn from this experience, these little ladies can take a lot but they can also be rather delicate. This is all part of the fun in growing.....

Back