Photoperiod is moster photos with biotabs possible?

hey would have been fine without the added nutes I'm sure!

here's my greenhouse. Soil is 1/3 soil, 2/3 composted horse manure and 4 cups of lime ( in a 4'x8' raised bed )

Greenhouse pic1 -9-1-2017.JPG

the composted manure I bought had only an earthy smell to it, and 912GS is who lead me to trying it, after seeing his outdoor plants!

Cool stuff man...hey i swear by the effectiveness of horse manure...i like having control over bloom nutes, which is why i now use them and less horse manure(less being 2 wheelbarrows per plant...lol). There is no denying the effectiveness of horse shit and lime!! Ive grow several dozen plants over 1kg using only horse manure and lime. Lots of root expansion coupled with lots of easily digested nutrients(horse manure) and wham...monsters every time!!
The only problem i have had with horse manure is i found that burning properties and taste can suffer a bit if you use too much...plants will be in perfect health all the way though!! This is why i prefer to use bottled nutes for flower...nutrient control. I found it difficult to know how much manure a plant will need.

You should consider dry, organic nutes in a box. I used Down to Earth brand ( all these organic boxed nutes are re-branded Grow More )Rose Food 4-8-4 organic nutrient in the raised bed. It come the beneficial bacteria in it also, and its inexpensive, 6-10$ for a 4lb box. You can get 15 pound boxes also. I didn't use worm castings because I put compost worms into the raised bed last fall and its full of them.

Cool stuff man...hey i swear by the effectiveness of horse manure...i like having control over bloom nutes, which is why i now use them and less horse manure(less being 2 wheelbarrows per plant...lol). There is no denying the effectiveness of horse shit and lime!! Ive grow several dozen plants over 1kg using only horse manure and lime. Lots of root expansion coupled with lots of easily digested nutrients(horse manure) and wham...monsters every time!!
The only problem i have had with horse manure is i found that burning properties and taste can suffer a bit if you use too much...plants will be in perfect health all the way though!! This is why i prefer to use bottled nutes for flower...nutrient control. I found it difficult to know how much manure a plant will need.

You should consider dry, organic nutes in a box. I used Down to Earth brand ( all these organic boxed nutes are re-branded Grow More )Rose Food 4-8-4 organic nutrient in the raised bed. It come the beneficial bacteria in it also, and its inexpensive, 6-10$ for a 4lb box. You can get 15 pound boxes also. I didn't use worm castings because I put compost worms into the raised bed last fall and its full of them.
Cool bud, i will have to keep an eye out for that! Thanks

@pop22 @912GreenSkell @Senseimillan thanks for the input guys. sorry i havent been back im not getting notifications on this thread for some reason. must say though im getting pretty excited about going organic now. spoke to a few people now who have encouraged my quest for an indoor monster. think im gonna go photoperiod wich i maybe shouldve pointed out, it wont make a difference for the soil though will it? ive been looking into these biotabs aswell and really cant decide between them or the horse poo. pop22 its going in my mates bedroom in a tent. will he smell anything with 80-100 litres of it in there? i think thats gonna be a pivotol point for me if he will. aghh this is so hard, its giving me brain ache. feel like im back to being a full blown noobie again lol

@EvilScotsman If its your friend's first grow probably should start him with something simple he can just add water to.

There are as many soil recipes as there are growers. Here's what I can tell you after growing for close to 20 years: A good living soil will produce the healthiest plants possible, allowing the plant to live up to and maximize it's genetic potential. Genetics and environment play a much larger role on yield and quality than what specifically you put in your soil.

I can make good soil with anything. My organic inputs bin is full of everything you can imagine. I got comfrey root, nettle powder, kelp powder, shredded sea vegetable mix (7 sea weeds or something), willow bark (can make super cloning soil with this one), saffron, vanilla powder, blueberry powder, alfalfa sprouts, chia seeds, dandelion root, red clover, mangoes, bananas, golden berries, goji berries, chaga mushroom powder, probiotics, crab meal, baobab fruit powder, casa harina (ground corn), dulse, white mulberries, red beet powder, raisins, moringa leaf powder, psyllium husk, soap nuts, cane sugar, dextrose, aloe gel, diatomaceous earth, clay, pea gravel, coco, peat, cacao nibs, wild rice, oat groats, horsetail, acai berry powder, shilajit, humic fulvic acids, raspberry leaf, lentils, chamomile flowers, rosehips, black beans, bee pollen, etc etc etc etc That's a list specifically of what I have and can use to make my super soils, teas, or whatever I want.

The benefit of using composted manures over making your own super soils is just that: It's already composted. To make a soil like mine takes 3 months. But, to answer the question about smell, I didn't use horse manure but I used mushroom manure and to be honest it smelled a little at first but either I got used to it or it went away, but only when the tent was open. But honestly, if the environment is on point, you shouldn't smell anything at all until you open your tent, at which point who cares what it smells like? During flower I've never been able to smell my dirt over the pungent aroma of kush.

I think the manure should do fine, but if you are concerned about smell, use black earth instead of manure and feed with a light worm casting tea. With the environment dialed in and the right genetics, you can pull monsters with nothing but coco and kelp and happy fungal and bacterial herds. Hope this helps.

@EvilScotsman If its your friend's first grow probably should start him with something simple he can just add water to.

There are as many soil recipes as there are growers. Here's what I can tell you after growing for close to 20 years: A good living soil will produce the healthiest plants possible, allowing the plant to live up to and maximize it's genetic potential. Genetics and environment play a much larger role on yield and quality than what specifically you put in your soil.

I can make good soil with anything. My organic inputs bin is full of everything you can imagine. I got comfrey root, nettle powder, kelp powder, shredded sea vegetable mix (7 sea weeds or something), willow bark (can make super cloning soil with this one), saffron, vanilla powder, blueberry powder, alfalfa sprouts, chia seeds, dandelion root, red clover, mangoes, bananas, golden berries, goji berries, chaga mushroom powder, probiotics, crab meal, baobab fruit powder, casa harina (ground corn), dulse, white mulberries, red beet powder, raisins, moringa leaf powder, psyllium husk, soap nuts, cane sugar, dextrose, aloe gel, diatomaceous earth, clay, pea gravel, coco, peat, cacao nibs, wild rice, oat groats, horsetail, acai berry powder, shilajit, humic fulvic acids, raspberry leaf, lentils, chamomile flowers, rosehips, black beans, bee pollen, etc etc etc etc That's a list specifically of what I have and can use to make my super soils, teas, or whatever I want.

The benefit of using composted manures over making your own super soils is just that: It's already composted. To make a soil like mine takes 3 months. But, to answer the question about smell, I didn't use horse manure but I used mushroom manure and to be honest it smelled a little at first but either I got used to it or it went away, but only when the tent was open. But honestly, if the environment is on point, you shouldn't smell anything at all until you open your tent, at which point who cares what it smells like? During flower I've never been able to smell my dirt over the pungent aroma of kush.

I think the manure should do fine, but if you are concerned about smell, use black earth instead of manure and feed with a light worm casting tea. With the environment dialed in and the right genetics, you can pull monsters with nothing but coco and kelp and happy fungal and bacterial herds. Hope this helps.
holy shit thats some shoppin list for a pot of soil mate. thats what put me off soil growing at first. everyone using mad lists of things to make their batches up. ive realised now that its easier to do that though than it is to fanny about with nutrients every day of my life. ive got a few weeks to finalise my strategy so it should all work out fine. im aiming for just water the full grow so just feeling about to see what my most viable options are. its just all a bit daunting at first. i honestly feel as confused as i was the first time i looked at my nft system and realised i didnt even know how to germ a seed properly. i learned the rubix cube though so i can learn this : ) thats my basis for most things i give a try lol.

holy shit thats some shoppin list for a pot of soil mate. thats what put me off soil growing at first. everyone using mad lists of things to make their batches up. ive realised now that its easier to do that though than it is to fanny about with nutrients every day of my life. ive got a few weeks to finalise my strategy so it should all work out fine. im aiming for just water the full grow so just feeling about to see what my most viable options are. its just all a bit daunting at first. i honestly feel as confused as i was the first time i looked at my nft system and realised i didnt even know how to germ a seed properly. i learned the rubix cube though so i can learn this : ) thats my basis for most things i give a try lol.

Ha!! Thats exactly what i am talking about!! Horse shit and lime and you guys have seen the results! Organic does not have to be complicated to get results!!

Back