Indoor Iriee Vibez True Living Organic Gorilla Glue Battle ------ Autoseeds vs. Fast Buds

Iriee Vibez

Just a guy with 3 plants and a cabinet...
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Gorilla Glue, BlackBerry
Yo AFN!

I cut my teeth growing weed in DWC, and grew some monsters in my little cabinet. I was averaging 5 ounces per plant, and producing some pretty high quality weed. Last spring, while still doing my indoor DWC thing, I decided to throw a couple photoperiod seeds in soil outside. I loved it! Even though it wasn't a true organic grow, since I used Megacrop nutes throughout, it felt more natural because of the dirt and outdoors. It was also so much easier than changing reservoirs weekly, managing ph and ppms, and everything else associated with hydro. I didn't check anything in soil and ended up growing some of the tastiest weed I have grown.

Since then, I have been reading and researching a lot, and feel that aI am ready to go full organic. I am using Nature's Living Soil, mixed with Roots Organic, and supplemented with earthworm castings. I have some high quality compost from TeaLab that I will use for top dressing and compost tea. I also have some fish hydrolysate and high phosphorus bat guano that I will add to the mix during the grow. I am using organic coco for a mulch to help keep the microbes in the soil happy.

The idea behind true living organics is to feed to microbes that feed the soil that feeds the plant, and creating a healthy and sustainable soil food web. If the soil is enriched, the plant will have everything available in an easily usable form. Additionally, there is no need to flush anything, since there is nothing to flush out. I am also expecting to have more taste, aroma, and strength from this method of growing. However, I also expect to not have plants as big and quick growing as I did in DWC with bottled nutes.

Also, as if that wasn't enough of an adventure, I decided to spice this grow and journal up a bit by doing a head to head between two Gorilla Glue autoflower breeders: Autoseeds and Fast Buds.

Both claim to use the original clone in their GG stock, so I thought it would be fun to thing to do, while getting to taste two versions of my favorite strain. I put three seeds in starter cups, two from Autoseeds and one Fast Buds. I also prepared the 3 gallon pots with the soil mix and mulch and watered to get the soil alive, active and ready for the future transplant. Caring for these plantless pots is helping me to get into the habit of caring for the soil and not the plants.

Both Autoseeds plants have sprouted and are on Day 2.
GG Germ - 7.jpg
GG Germ - 8.jpg

We still wait for the Fat Buds seed to do its thing. No luck yet.
GG Germ - 10.jpg

Early advantage to Autoseeds!

Keeping these empty pots alive and ready for the transplant.

GG Germ - 9.jpg

Definitely a paradigm shift for me. I am learning Andrea having a great time. Hopefully in a couple months I will have some great organic Gorilla Glue buds to enjoy!

Cheers and happy growing, y'all!

Last edited:
Yo AFN!

I cut my teeth growing weed in DWC, and grew some monsters in my little cabinet. I was averting 5 ounces per plant, and producing some high quality weed. Last spring, while still doing my indoor DWC thing, I decided to throw a couple photo seeds in soil outside. I loved it! Even though it wasn't a true organic grow, since I used Megacrop nutes throughout, it felt more natural because of the dirt and outdoors. It was also so much easier than changing weekly reservoirs, managing ph and ppms and everything else. I didn't check anything and grew some of the most tasty weed I have grown.

Well. I have been reading and reading and am ready to go full organic. I am using Nature's Living Soil, mixed with Roots Organic, and supplemented with earthworm castings. I also have some high quality compost from TeaLab that I will use for top dressing and compost tea. I also have some fish hydrolysate and high phosphorus bat guano that I will add to the mix during the grow. I am using organic coco for a mulch to help keep the microbes in the soil happy.

The idea behind true living organics is to feed to microbes that feed the soil that feeds the plant, and creating a healthy and sustainable soil food web. If the soil is enriched, the plant will have everything available in an easily usable form. Additionally, there is no need to flush anything, since there is nothing to flush out. I am also expecting to have more taste, a oma, and strength from this method of growing. Although, I also expect to not have plants a big and quick growing as I did with DWC with bottled nutes.

Now, as if that wasn't enough of an adventure, I decided to spice this grow and journal up a bit by doing a head to head between two Gorilla Glue Autoseeds breeders: Autoseeds and Fast Buds.

Both claim to use the original clone in their GG stock, so I thought it would be fun to try, while getting to taste two versions of my favorite strain. I put three seeds in starter cups, two Autoseeds and one Fast Buds. I also prepared the 3 gallon pots with the soil and mulch and watered to get the soil done active and ready for the future transplant. Getting into the habit of caring for the soil and not the plants, with these plantless pots.

Both Autoseeds plants have sprouted and are on Day 2.
View attachment 1125476View attachment 1125477

We still wait for the Fat Buds seed to do its thing.
View attachment 1125479

Early advantage to Autoseeds!

Caring for these empty pots like they had a flowering plant in there.

View attachment 1125478

Definitely a paradigm shift for me. I am learning Andrea having a great time. Hopefully in a couple months I will have some great organic Gorilla Glue buds to enjoy!

Cheers and happy growing, y'all!

I'll sub. Do you think you'll eventually go to no till? Do you believe your soil grown was superior to your hydroponic grown?

I'll sub. Do you think you'll eventually go to no till? Do you believe your soil grown was superior to your hydroponic grown?

Hey thanks For the sub, Dame. Yes, this is a no till supersoil that I am using and amended a bit. From here, I will just re amend with each use. I am only planning to use tap water, top dressing, and compost teas as necessary. I did find the soil grow to be better. More terpenes, which meant better taste and aroma. I am hoping for a bigger boost with true organics, and no fertilizers.

Nice quick turnaround, straight into the dirt!
Seems like you have done your research and have everything covered, will follow along
:digit:

Nice quick turnaround, straight into the dirt!
Seems like you have done your research and have everything covered, will follow along
:digit:

Haha! I am so pumped to try this. The Fast Buds isn't cooperating though, and I am going out of town starting tomorrow for a few days. I may have to drop another next week, so it will Ben behind a bit.

Day 9 - AutoSeeds Gorilla Glue
Day 2 - Fast Buds Gorilla Glue

Both Autoseeds plants have been transplanted into their final pot, with the super soil and mulch. I gave them a little microbe enriched water to help with the transition. They are a little shocker in structure than I prefer at this point in the grow, but it may be a pheno thing as both AS1 and AS2 have the same structure.

AS1
GG transplant - 2.jpg

AS2

GG transplant - 1.jpg

The FastBuds Gorilla Glue finally broke ground. She is still in the solo cup, and I will wait a week before putting her in the super soil.

FB1

GG transplant - 3.jpg

Looks like the battle is on! In hydro, I only try two plants at a time, but I figure that my plants won't be as large with this style of growing. I decided to go with three plants this run. Its a tight fit, as you cn see!

GG transplant - 4.jpg

I am planning for smaller but more potent plants with my first water only grow. I can't wait to judge which is the best Gorilla Glue Auto to grow and smoke!

Cheers!

organic,recycle,re-use makes sense :smokeit:hecno and eyesonfire :pass: arnt having any trouble with to small a plants :watering:
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

Back