Indoor Photoperiod Growbattle.

Good start brother . looking healthy. I do have one question and i see alot of people do it. Solo cups? They instantly make your roots constricted to a small space. I've never used one. I put it in permanent container . the roots spread quick.

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk
There are a few people (off the top iampepe comes to mind) on here that use either tiered systems for autos and photos as well as those that just transplant. I am moving towards starting everything in rapid rooter in a solo and then dropping off the bottom and planting 2/3rds of the way down into the final container. I think (but could be completely wrong) that it helps to force the tap root down and as it meets the transitional zone encourages branching rather than a straight shot to the bottom. I'm also a huge fan because on purely a practical level it allows me to fit more stuff in my space and keep say clones or seedlings further away from the lights in the tent when they get moved from my clone dome (or for seeds sprout) while I still have other stuff flowering. After a week or so, I'll drop em into final containers with to bottom popped off. I like too that I can water the cup after "transplanting" for a week or so and then start to water the perimeter, inching out to encourage the roots to stretch. Others on here just cut the bottom out to begin with and have it stick out of the final container from the get go. :cheers:

@daggersstrain
This is my AvT (mephisto auto) at 51 days old (from sprout):
IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG
IMG_0396.JPG

There are a few people (off the top iampepe comes to mind) on here that use either tiered systems for autos and photos as well as those that just transplant. I am moving towards starting everything in rapid rooter in a solo and then dropping off the bottom and planting 2/3rds of the way down into the final container. I think (but could be completely wrong) that it helps to force the tap root down and as it meets the transitional zone encourages branching rather than a straight shot to the bottom. I'm also a huge fan because on purely a practical level it allows me to fit more stuff in my space and keep say clones or seedlings further away from the lights in the tent when they get moved from my clone dome (or for seeds sprout) while I still have other stuff flowering. After a week or so, I'll drop em into final containers with to bottom popped off. I like too that I can water the cup after "transplanting" for a week or so and then start to water the perimeter, inching out to encourage the roots to stretch. Others on here just cut the bottom out to begin with and have it stick out of the final container from the get go. :cheers:
Well obviously u know what the hell your doing lol. I should've made my question less vague. Whenever I seen solo cups they always had a problem with em . leaving em in to long,over watering ,nute issues .just stuff over time popping up over the threads. Im an avid outside enthusist. My second grow inside currently. So I was just curious why is all lol.

Hell yea looking good. Here is one of mine before chop and after. Qp dry and 13 inches tall.
b3d380f17adc196dc343b97e5eadbc1c.jpg
5a5e8a612c00a89777086b16f950516d.jpg

Well obviously u know what the hell your doing lol. I should've made my question less vague. Whenever I seen solo cups they always had a problem with em . leaving em in to long,over watering ,nute issues .just stuff over time popping up over the threads. Im an avid outside enthusist. My second grow inside currently. So I was just curious why is all lol.

LOL my bad man, I over explain stuff constantly so that maybe my trials (and mostly errors) can save someone of a few of their own:pass:

Hell yea looking good. Here is one of mine before chop and after. Qp dry and 13 inches tall.
b3d380f17adc196dc343b97e5eadbc1c.jpg
5a5e8a612c00a89777086b16f950516d.jpg

Lookin' good man:toke:

Is it an auto? What's the strain?

Lookin' good man:toke:

Is it an auto? What's the strain?
No was photo. She wAS vegged two months believe it or not lol. Unknown bag seed but was better than what I bought and got the seed from lol

No was photo. She wAS vegged two months believe it or not lol. Unknown bag seed but was better than what I bought and got the seed from lol

Niice the come up is reeeeal

Edit: might be the only time a macklemore quote is ever appropriate:

How many days did yours go? Did the trichs turn? Also, had you started water only before the leaves started fading? Sorry for 20 questions, mine is at 56 days and I think has a bit to go
She’s at like 60 days and most of the trichomes are milky going to amber. She was fading before I started on the flush and the water only + honey chome has made her really start fading quicker now.

Back