Indoor I’m Back: Mephisto Bluetoof Special and Cosmic Queen - 1 Liter Soilless Hempy

Today is Day 27. As I mentioned yesterday, I think I’m beginning to see the signs of a calcium deficiency. There is some pink color on the stems of leaves and small little yellow dots on some of the leaves. Additionally, there are yellow tips on the sugar leaves of the Cosmic Queen. So, for the next batch of nutrients that I mix up, I am going to add some Cal/Mag. We’ll see if that helps. I also took some measurements today because it can dbe difficult to tell how big the plants are due to the small tent and small containers. So, the Cosmic Queen is 14 inches tall, the Bluetoof Special is 10 inches and the Creme De La Chem is 9 inches. Here they are (@Groff I didn’t take any photos with the lids off the totes...sorry):

Cosmic Queen
1ECE07CD-E2A7-4D3E-96C4-13147BE31253.jpeg

Bluetoof Special
2BF41886-511A-490B-99D6-CBC805611466.jpeg

Creme De La Chem
9FF340F3-677B-4AF6-A1DB-2CD3F8A75240.jpeg

Whole Tent
6A8F177B-7588-4D42-826F-774162089BC7.jpeg

4D2AEDF5-10A2-463F-A5EC-6E70A98B0952.jpeg

Top Down
CC21E6F8-D408-41AA-87FB-80EF52FFF8A8.jpeg

And here are the issues I’m seeing
8097F0DB-4FE8-4F71-B271-88037FFF1E48.jpeg

As always, comments and questions are welcome...and happy growing everyone.

Today is Day 29. I decided to go in a do a little defoliation up underneath the gals today. Hopefully I didn’t mess with them too much. The Cosmic Queen is pretty wide open due to her sativa leanings, so I didn’t have to do too much to her. The Bluetoof Special and the Creme De La Chem could probably use a bit more, but I didn’t want to shock them.

Cosmic Queen
874FCC2C-2B6B-4863-9CB4-31E27A2A043A.jpeg

Bluetoof Special
39C3DEF6-130A-4E92-9635-EFBB71DB88D4.jpeg

Creme De La Chem
53202C6E-01C6-4B3F-922C-E697BD810491.jpeg

Comments an questions welcome. Happy growing everyone!

Nice plants. So perlite and vermiculite. Do you water them like regular medium or is there water in the totes?

Nice plants. So perlite and vermiculite. Do you water them like regular medium or is there water in the totes?
First: Thank you!

Second: Since there is a hole in the side of the bottle, you just water them like you would soil or coco coir. The water trickles down and whatever is not held onto by the vermiculite on its way down is collected in the bottom of the bottle up to the drain hole. The totes only are there to hold any water that drains out of the hole until I get the chance to empty the totes. And the lids on the totes prevent the bottles from tipping over and breaking stems in the process. Also, like coco, since there are no nutrients inherent in the perlite/vermiculite, you have to add nutrients to your water or your plants starve.

After this grow is finished, I am planning on a grow in a recycled three liter water bottle using a similar technique. I’m actually using this technique with the Creme De La Chem plant in this grow. In the next one, I will fill the bottle to just above the drain hole with hydroton (clay balls) then I’ll fill the bottle the rest of the way with coco. I’ll pre-charge the coco with Cal/Mag and plant directly into the coco. I’ll take more pictures of the set up. If you’d like, I can tag you when I start that one.

That's awesome. How high up is the hole from the bottom? Yes sir tag me in :cheers:

That's awesome. How high up is the hole from the bottom? Yes sir tag me in :cheers:
About 2 inches or so. It doesn’t have to be precise. You just want to create a little reservoir at the bottom.

@Jan:) To give you an idea of what will happen in the bottle during the course of the grow, the roots will grow throughout the perlite/vermiculite mixture and even down in to the reservoir. Here is a picture of the roots from the last one liter bottle grow, and just so you know, I was able to get an ounce and a half of dried buds out of it:
61453A75-EF90-4EC5-BD7C-53CD079A059B.jpeg

That's awesome. The more I look around and see stuff like this, the more i think about just trying to finish mine in 1L.

Back