Indoor I’m Back: Mephisto Bluetoof Special and Cosmic Queen - 1 Liter Soilless Hempy

Today is Day 24. It’s been about 3 or 4 days since the start of preflowering. The Cosmic Queen was first, but the Bluetoof Special and the Creme De La Chem are beginning their stretch, too. Since last Sunday, I’ve had to raise the lights 6 or 7 inches to keep them 24 inches above the canopy. I’m still feeding them 200 ml of 3 g/gal of Megacrop twice a day. Everything looks to be doing fine so far.

Cosmic Queen
A5176FCE-27DF-44DF-9775-3F4167B1808F.jpeg

Bluetoof Special
3295B88B-85C9-43EC-AA14-4B139947DB63.jpeg

Creme De La Chem
948E6E12-9EE6-402F-9447-427728A2EB7A.jpeg

Whole Tent
776215AB-61F7-4568-8238-9A9676E4C7F6.jpeg

4E4AF6B4-81A5-4F56-9566-FC068B672777.jpeg

Comments and questions are welcomed. As always, happy growing everyone.

I forgot to mention that I’m not doing any LST. I am, however, tucking leaves to expose the bud sites.

Today is Day 24. It’s been about 3 or 4 days since the start of preflowering. The Cosmic Queen was first, but the Bluetoof Special and the Creme De La Chem are beginning their stretch, too. Since last Sunday, I’ve had to raise the lights 6 or 7 inches to keep them 24 inches above the canopy. I’m still feeding them 200 ml of 3 g/gal of Megacrop twice a day. Everything looks to be doing fine so far.

Cosmic Queen
View attachment 1181811

Bluetoof Special
View attachment 1181812

Creme De La Chem
View attachment 1181813

Whole Tent
View attachment 1181814
View attachment 1181815

Comments and questions are welcomed. As always, happy growing everyone.
looking great. stay safe

Very beautiful plants! Congrats. Subbing up :pop: Coincidentally, mine are just 2 days behind yours, but different strain and I'm LTS'ing the crap out of the :cheers:
_

Very beautiful plants! Congrats. Subbing up :pop: Coincidentally, mine are just 2 days behind yours, but different strain and I'm LTS'ing the crap out of the :cheers:
_
Thank you.

I just checked out your AU grow thread. Looking good. You got ‘em bent right over. I also like the one nute bottle idea. That’s the experiment that I’m trying here with Megacrop. I’m pushing it just a bit further by keeping them on the same strength throughout the entire grow. It is Very tempting to throw in additional nutes and additives and to switch up the strength. I am, however, going to stick to my guns and keep it at 3 g/gal until they’re finished.

Thank you.

I just checked out your AU grow thread. Looking good. You got ‘em bent right over. I also like the one nute bottle idea. That’s the experiment that I’m trying here with Megacrop. I’m pushing it just a bit further by keeping them on the same strength throughout the entire grow. It is Very tempting to throw in additional nutes and additives and to switch up the strength. I am, however, going to stick to my guns and keep it at 3 g/gal until they’re finished.

Doing the third bend round this weekend, and still have not fed any nutes, only AACT tea. Yeah, I dropped hydro and will be focusing on organic growing from now on. I'm gearing up to create completely sustainable TLO / no-till / KNF style growroom, where I use the same soil over and over. Kind of like I did with coco for the past (almost) decade - but (in the near future) 100% free of bottles.

Anyway, enough about me, lets focus on your beauties! I'm quite curious to see what is happening underneath those lids :pass:
_

Doing the third bend round this weekend, and still have not fed any nutes, only AACT tea. Yeah, I dropped hydro and will be focusing on organic growing from now on. I'm gearing up to create completely sustainable TLO / no-till / KNF style growroom, where I use the same soil over and over. Kind of like I did with coco for the past (almost) decade - but (in the near future) 100% free of bottles.

Anyway, enough about me, lets focus on your beauties! I'm quite curious to see what is happening underneath those lids :pass:
_
A couple of questions: AACT is an organic compost tea...right? Is that something you’ve made yourself? And what do you use to aerate it? Just an air pump and air stone?

The totes are merely there to collect overflow and the lids are there to prevent the tall skinny bottles from toppling over. Nothing really exciting to see there. If you’d like, however, I can take photos without lids on Saturday. Here’s a photo of the last grow I did using this technique (same 2’ x 2.5’ tent):
E98A4C6B-C5B2-4A05-997A-5DEAFCAB9463.jpeg

That’s a 2 liter soda bottle on the left with a Mephisto Strawberry Nuggets and a 1 liter water bottle on the right with a FastBuds Pineapple Express.

This current grow is really the simplest grow I think I can get away with. At the end of this grow, if all goes well, I will share a couple of secrets that I’m keeping to myself for now.

@mcpd_refugee - yes AACT = actively aerated compost tea. It is really simple to make, and the girls simply love it.

My way of doing it is really simple for indoor grows. Here is a quick recipe for a 20L batch. You need a bucket, fill with tap water and add an airstone, and let it bubble for a few good hours to speed up the off-gassing of chlorine (although the need for that is open for debate)

I then get a girl's stocking, cut off one of the legs to use as a filter, and pour in 2 or 3 big hands of high quality worm casting/compost (I have mix 3 types myself), and place right above the bubble flow. I leave it for around 8 to 12 hours. At around the 8 hour mark I add some extra bacteria and mycos just for extra oompf, but with hi quality compost/earthworm casting this is not necessary. Something great to add is kelp or any seaweed extract, bone meals etc depending on your soil profile and stage of cycle. Since I'm using fresh new Allmix and Lightmix, I'm not adding anything for now, as they're still in late veg and looking great.

You will start seeing foam formation, which is excellent. At around the 12 hour mark, I dissolve a tablespoon of unsulphured (important!!) blackstrap molasses into a cup of hot water, because it is a thick goo… and pour it into the mix. Bacteria will go bananas, as this sugar input will make them multiply into the millions, if not billions. I then let it bubble for another 12h. You will see the foam formation increase exponentially.

Then it is ready. Just water the girls. This should be done in the dark though, so either outside your tent, or a thick lightproof bucker with a lid

VgjzHIa.jpg

I‘m starting to see the signs of a calcium deficiency, so it looks like I’m going to have to throw in some Cal/Mag into my next batch of nutrient solution which will most likely be some point in time tomorrow. I think I have a bottle of Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal/Mag around here somewhere. Unfortunately, I think that’s all I got.

Back