Outdoor ILGM Northern Lights Auto - Outdoor Micro Grow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

So, the grow bug did bite me. I've been happily smoking my NL that I grew in my first ever grow, and now that it's warming up outside (and because I can see my stash decreasing), I've really been itching to grow some more.

So, I dropped another ILGM Auto NL seed into water Saturday night (12/05/2018) so that I can get started. This morning, it had a small tap root beginning, so I removed it from the cup of water and placed it into a wet paper towel. Tomorrow morning, I plan to put the seed into the pot.

I'm using pretty much the same setup as my first grow: same 4L pot, same soil composition, same nutrients, etc. The biggest change is that this plant will be kept outside using the sun. We get so much sunshine here that it would be a waste not to do so. Initially, while the plant is still small, I will keep it in the open on a windowsill or my terrace. Once it gets bigger and starts looking like a cannabis plant, I will move it into the yard. I have a nice grouping of bushes and trees that I can hide it amongst where it will still receive a good amount of sunshine but remain hidden from easy view.

The only thing I'm uncertain on is the smell, but that won't be an issue for a while, and I can see how bad it is when that time comes.

Wish me luck!

Haha, bitten by the grow bug!

Good for you on the NL, it's a good reliable and strong plant.
Some people say NL doesn't smell too strong, though ... my one's have not been quiet....
Why not try a bigger pot? Will lead to bigger growth and yield.
Unless you want to keep it discrete. ;-)

All the best!

Hey all,

So, the grow bug did bite me. I've been happily smoking my NL that I grew in my first ever grow, and now that it's warming up outside (and because I can see my stash decreasing), I've really been itching to grow some more.

So, I dropped another ILGM Auto NL seed into water Saturday night (12/05/2018) so that I can get started. This morning, it had a small tap root beginning, so I removed it from the cup of water and placed it into a wet paper towel. Tomorrow morning, I plan to put the seed into the pot.

I'm using pretty much the same setup as my first grow: same 4L pot, same soil composition, same nutrients, etc. The biggest change is that this plant will be kept outside using the sun. We get so much sunshine here that it would be a waste not to do so. Initially, while the plant is still small, I will keep it in the open on a windowsill or my terrace. Once it gets bigger and starts looking like a cannabis plant, I will move it into the yard. I have a nice grouping of bushes and trees that I can hide it amongst where it will still receive a good amount of sunshine but remain hidden from easy view.

The only thing I'm uncertain on is the smell, but that won't be an issue for a while, and I can see how bad it is when that time comes.

Wish me luck!
Good luck with your grow man. I'm interested in this one.

Cheers
Swan

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Subbed...good luck growbro!!

:pop::greenthumb:

Thanks.

Hey good luck on your grow bud!!

Thanks.

1. Pop seed
2. Plant
3. Check every couple hours for activity.

Glad I'm not alone! lol

Ha! Yep, I think the problems that most people have with their plants is that they pay too much attention to them.

Haha, bitten by the grow bug!

Good for you on the NL, it's a good reliable and strong plant.
Some people say NL doesn't smell too strong, though ... my one's have not been quiet....
Why not try a bigger pot? Will lead to bigger growth and yield.
Unless you want to keep it discrete. ;-)

All the best!

Thanks, and for now I’m choosing the smaller pot to keep it as discrete as possible. My previous NL grow did stink, but it was also enclosed. Hopefully the small size plus being outside (breeze, other outdoor smells) will help keep it discrete.

Good luck with your grow man. I'm interested in this one.

Cheers
Swan

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s alive!! :woohoo:

5d6d21f4ea08d5195f3cb55c0f0fa596.jpg

:woohoo:

Last edited:
Looking for some opinions. Heading to the beach for a three-day weekend. I can either leave the little one out in the yard where she will get full sun and (most likely, based on the weather forecast) a bunch of rain, or I can leave her on the covered terrace where she will get less sun and almost no rain.

I’m currently leaning toward the yard, but can see the benefit of the terrace as it will be less chance of flooding the little seedling. Thoughts?

Came back from my vacay to a growing little seedling, though it looks a little deformed. Is she okay?

78239ccbbe81a549bdeb851f25e09810.jpg

Came back from my vacay to a growing little seedling, though it looks a little deformed. Is she okay?

78239ccbbe81a549bdeb851f25e09810.jpg

Well it's hard to say. Another day and you mite have to help her a little to get her shell off.

Sent from my garden [emoji482]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back