I cant get a grasp on starting up an organic grow

also, is it worth it to buy microbes, or is there something i can do to increase them myself?

also, is it worth it to buy microbes, or is there something i can do to increase them myself?
I really wouldn't. If your media is any good there will be plenty of activity. If it heated or if it was in the cold, stayed the same, there's good microbial activity. Just keep the media at the proper moisture level for composting until potting up.
You'll get plenty of microbes with compost teas.

@WildBill thanx a lot... thanks man... i am buying a couple scoops of worms this time to put in it... thanks to you and @Proph i have a way better understanding... i now have most of the material i need to build me some soil... 25lbs glacial rock dust, gypsum powder and pellets, 25lbs oyster shell, still have to buy basalt, couldnt find it locally... i have all my nutrients, kelp, alfalfa, crustacean, karanja/neem 50/50, fish bone, milled 2 row malted barley, a water filter, a big bale of peat, some aeration, and i also am building a living coco for trial, so i have 15lbs langbeinite... anything else im missing??? oh yeah compost, biochar, and am gonna get some castings...

@Proph @WildBill anyone... after i used this soil, i dumped the soil from all 3 pots into a big tote, and added alfalfa, kelp, karanja, calphos, camelina meal, fish meal, fish bone meal, soybean meal, langbeinite, malted barley, and minerals(craftblend) at rec dose... stirred the used soil everyday for the past 15 or so days, also bought a boogie brew plus filter for chloramines, and watered it like every other day.... should i do anything else before putting in 17 gallon pot and starting some autos?? just wondering do i have to add more microbes or will they build themselves??? i also bought 10lbs of row 2 malted barley yesterday... i had it milled should i add this to the soil??? i bought it for my own soil mix that i am about to build...
That's pretty much all I do.. I just amend with the craft blend as directed... Microbes will come from teas, or recharge or a compost top dress.

I can't remember the details of your last grow... How was the soil used in the last grow? Bottled nutes? Top dresses? Microbes? Cover crop? Water only? How it was used in the first run is a major factor to consider when amending it for the next run..

@Proph for the most it was water only, later on i started adding weekly teas... then at the end it was just the craftblend, and water...

@Proph @WildBill sorry to keep tagging you 2, but you 2 are who I associate help with... Thanks.... Okay I am attempting to reuse my b.a.s. 3.0 soil that I grew the 2 autos in... I only mixed in malted barley maybe 2 cups to a cuft of soil... Plus I added 6 cups of the craft blend right after the grow ended.... My plants suck... I started 4 seeds at the same time 2 in the soil 2 in coco... The soil plants are Nutrient deficient as well as small... I think the soil is too compacted.... I added a tea Thursday, and topdressed with fish bone meal, kelp, malted barley, gypsum, alfalfa meal, and neem/karanja.... I am adding pics, wondering if this soil is too compacted... Its not airy at all...
My 2 that started in solo cups of jiffy starting mix for 1st 7 days
20210211_142326.jpg
20210211_142333.jpg

This started in jiffy starting mix as well transplanted to coco dtw at 7 days
20210211_142319.jpg

This one started same day but in coco from seed
20210211_142301.jpg

Group
20210211_142254.jpg
20210211_142247.jpg

I started the 3 seeds of dosido's in jiffy seedling mix to give them all the same start.... At day 7 i put my 2 biggest ones in the soil, And my smallest in coco just to give the soil the advantage.... I also started 1 auto gelato in coco from day 1 she is the biggest.... I've mixed like 30 gallons of soil coots mix, thats been sitting for about 10-11 days... My mix is way more airy than the build a soil 3.0... I think I'm gonna like my mix... I'm bout ready to pull the 2 in build a soil out... Or at least surgically remove and put in my mix... Gonna give the topdress another week to prove progress first

Back