Well I have eventually worked out the white balance on my camera.
So everything isn't looking like an HPS picture.
Low down pics cam out ok but in order to get a pic of the whole room I had to take the shot up near the COBs and then everything goes yellowy.
I set the camera to incandescent in the white balance and it seems to have done the job.

upload_2017-3-2_18-16-0.png
DSCN3911.JPG
DSCN3897.JPG

One of mine at 28 inches i think is too close! Thats without any lenses, reflectors
I've used cree cxb3590 powered @1400mA and had that really quite close with no lens.
Without a lens the beam angle is at 120 degerees.
My new light is still using cree cxb3590 butpowered at 2100mA and with lenses, which are 90 degree lenses.
I took them down to 24" (60 cm) and some of the leaves directly under the cobs started to be affected so I put them up to 30ish inches and everything seems fine.
There are more powerful chips coming to market and all depending on how hard you drive them and how tight your beam angle is, these variables will dictate the height of your COBs over your plants.
I'm still loving this light though and it was built by me, which gives me a sense of achievement.
When you sit back and have a vape and just think that the weed you've just grown, was grown under a light which you built, that just makes it all so much sweeter.
DSCN3889.JPG

upload_2017-3-3_16-52-8.png

Light dimmed to minimum for the photo.

Last edited:
So here's an update on my supercrop (right?).

Inquiry: IYE, which one of these methods exudes the best results? Or is it difficult to compare due to other factors and experiments?

Zombie4 pix, zombafter pix:
View attachment 710266 View attachment 710267 View attachment 710268 View attachment 710269
This was 2 hours ago.

Here's a little trich pron:
View attachment 710270 View attachment 710271

:pass::d5::smokeout:
Gentle bending is LST. By gently bending the stems and tying them down you will aim for a more even/level canopy.
This stops apical dominance (the dominant growth at the tip of the tallest part of the plant) and so the growth that would have gone in to making one big cola which is surrounded by smaller colas, is redirected in to new growth at the top of all the new tips if they kept at the same height.

Crushing, crimping,knuckling, topping, defoliation are all methods in some way physically affect the plant by slightly damaging it and are HST techniques.
These High Stress Techniques are called Super Cropping.
The aim is for a bushier plant with more tops and that the healing process from HST. can improve delivery of water and nutrients at the knuckles if you are crimping/crushing.
There is a lot to say about super cropping techniques, there is no way I can cover them here adequately in a few sentences.
There are plenty of journals which will display different techniques, have a look at some of the grows that people have posted in here.
You can click on their user name and browse posts they have started or they may even have a link in their signature to their grow.

You plants are looking great btw!:headbang::d5::vibe:
It is always easier to see whats going on with a white light than under LED blurple coloured light.
Most digital cameras have a white balance, how to change the setting will be in the manual or can be found online.(I'm laughing coz I only worked out how to change it on my camera the other day)!:crying:
If your using your phone, I can't help you, I really am not good with phone tech!
you could try using a white light like in the first pic, the good thing about autos is you won't affect the photoperiod because there isn't one!

Last edited:
@Benjamin Squier ,good morning.. I will throw my past experience out there..with a group of 5 Paradise Wappa plants one plant was fimmed one time,further along that plant had some lst to keep the canopy even with the rest..at harvest the single fimmed plant yielded more than the other 4 sisters..The variables were controlled to the best of my ability but this plant could have been genetically stronger or a pheno variation..I have not re-visited the fim technique since that experiment but all the documentation is in this thread..what i recommend to members is,grow at least two of the same plant,experiment on one and compare the results, until you find the technique that works for your environment..Because strains will react differently,there is not "one" technique that is best..hope this helps some

The training continues with the fast buds plants as the wires were pulled tighter to keep the branches low,a few more outter supports were added and the tops will continue to be trained horizontally which will allow the nodes to grow vertically and turn in to mini-colas
image.jpeg
.i have redone the supports on the Girl scout cookie..i have named her Ugly Betty( she will soon become a swan)
image.jpeg
this pic is a Gorrila Glue and her name is Gidget
image.jpeg
this last plant is a Pineapple Express and her name is Toe-knee..i hadda shake it up a bit

Last edited:
Interesting. I'll be finishing my first grow in a little over 48 hours. My beta grow is obv a knuckle job vs a Sequoia. Maybe I should get better with one technique before expanding? Up next I've got a nutrient experiment, so I'm slotted up with plants for about 6 weeks. Lotsa time to tink!!:pass::vibe:

Interesting. I'll be finishing my first grow in a little over 48 hours. My beta grow is obv a knuckle job vs a Sequoia. Maybe I should get better with one technique before expanding? Up next I've got a nutrient experiment, so I'm slotted up with plants for about 6 weeks. Lotsa time to tink!!:pass::vibe:
That my friend,is what its all about!! I have not lost a plant yet and none of these training techniques will soley kill a plant..there are many members here who continue to use different styles based on what works for them ..which is why i welcome anyone to add to this thread..when we all share,we all benefit..I still learn more everyday from all of you guys!!

Hey bud your using led if I remember . How far should I put my lights up for the stretch? Here's the most recent pic
8b599f2f0804f84ca8b100edb2052eb5.jpg

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Hey bud your using led if I remember . How far should I put my lights up for the stretch? Here's the most recent pic
8b599f2f0804f84ca8b100edb2052eb5.jpg

Ill give you my thoughts but im still a noob with led( i asked the same question tho).. In veg keep them around 30 inches above,in flower they can be as close as 18 inches..thats a general guideline,some strains can take it better than others.. @Dudeski @BigSm0 @arty zan can give their thoughts to help you out,they will wanna know what light you are using

I've go the 96 reflectors series. I've been keeping them about 18 all through veg lol 30 dam

Back