Outdoor How to start autoflowers for outdoor

E

exer

hi folks

i plan to grow 1000 autos this summer.Can you please tell me which method is best to start them.
I was planed to start seeds in smal cups indoors on 18/6 light,and when achieve 15cm plant them outdoors.Is this method ok?Or soon as i set them outside they will go to flower and not get much bigger?

thanks for you answers.

What variety are you growing,where did you get that many seeds? Good luck,I hope you have some help with that many plants.You must have one hell of a grow room,or a large green house.Six inch plants sound perfect for transplant. As long as you feed them high nitrogen nutes for first three to four weeks they will vegetate for quite awhile.At six inches they will probably be started to flower.Just take care of them as well as you can and let nature do the rest.Good luck to you and post some pics if you can.

well i buy bulk packaging.
Is maybe better to start then under natural light to prevent early flowering?

well noit aure the strain... but typically... its best to start first 3-4 weeks under 24 hours light... metal halide or 6500k spectrum....
I'd pick a hearty outdoor capable strain as some indoor strains dont perform well outdoor... also depends on your latitude... etc etc.

Fd's fert sched makes a good guideline:
Originally Posted by John Mondello
fd... WHEN YOU SAY HIGH FERT SCHEDULE... WHAT ARE WE TALKIN HERE? WHAT STRNGTH AND HOW OFTEN? (REALLY STILL TRYIN TO GET A HANDLE ON THIS CRAZY-REDUCED FERT SCHED FOR AUTOS... STILL ADJUSTING!)
what i mean is that not all autos are the same lol
I have been growing the same genetic line for over a year now
and they all seem like they really like my fert schedule.

This is what i doi break it down as follows

First off let me talk about what i use as ferts. I have a 4 part system that i use and most of this is in the brain so please bare with me as i share this one.

I use FF grow big (hydro formula) Tiger Bloom and then two tea variations. One is high in N for veg and the other is high in Phosphorus when its time to flower.
I apply these through out the grow. I use the FF to get it started.
then i move to the teas and then back to the FF and then back to the teas

So i break it down like this:
FF GB is 3Tbsp/1Gal for heavy feedings. So in my mind this is more than enough for our fave friends. So it states that 2tbsp/1gal is for normal feedings so i use this as my base number. After that i break it down into 1/4

at 7 days i start like this
Day 7 1/4 dose to a gal
Day 14 1/2 dose to a gal + 8oz of N rated tea
Day 21 1tsp GB and then 1/4 of TB (bringing in the TB)
Day 28 1/2 TB + 8oz of Phosphorus rated tea
Day 35 1.5 tsp TB to a gal
Day 41 2tsp of TB and 8oz of Phosphorus rated tea
Then Flush till finish unless it needs something at the end.

I think that this is everything that i do like i said i am not sure as this is all in my head. If the plants demand more that i give more this is just something to go by. I usually do not swap in clean water feedings at all over the fert program. I just use the jug then its gone. Now if i start to see over feeding or lockouts ill flush.
But if i keep my water on point i never usually see a lock out or toxicity.

Hope this helps

if you actually pull this off it will be the biggest auto grow ive ever seen, you better make a grow post haha

as far as the flowering, i dont think it matters too much what the light schedule is being the point of an autoflower lol, i could be wrong but yeah

to answer your question tho that sounds fine, i usually start in the little 3 by 3 seedling planters but i also put my plants in the ground pretty much right when they get the leaves, so i cup might be better if your planning to keep em longer

are you putting soil down?

hi folks

i plan to grow 1000 autos this summer.Can you please tell me which method is best to start them.
I was planed to start seeds in smal cups indoors on 18/6 light,and when achieve 15cm plant them outdoors.Is this method ok?Or soon as i set them outside they will go to flower and not get much bigger?

thanks for you answers.

OK if your serious this can be done, first off you need seed trays, they come 24,36,48...or direct sow... What autos you buy bulk? you plan on planting all or waiting for 3 weeks for sexing? I take it your not buying 1000 fems... what are you going to plant them in outdoors?

If you transplant an auto you lose on the yield... direct sow is the best idea. Be 100% ready to plant germ your seeds in paper towels and carry to where ever it is your planting and plant germinated seeds...

I will grow Maxi gom and auto AK,all fem.
Are this strains ok for outdoors?I will plant them in the corn,soil is prepered by local farmers.
To start germinated seeds direct to the ground or smal seed trays (planters) is good idea , but soil prepered for the corn is very fertilised with N and i m afraid that will burn small seedlings.

I grow plants quite a few years,but this is my first time doing with autos.

i would love too see 1000 maxi gom's outside!!!! i think they would get big if your soil conditions are ok, depends where you are growing too, an english summer is very different to an australian summer!!

unless the farmer is ok with you growing there id suggest little short auto's not super autos!! maxi gom's are known to get 1.4 meters high which would tower over the corn:lol:

this is a big grow your suggesting, gettting the right strain for the surrounding enviroment is crucial..

hope this helps..:peace:

I think you may want to bring in a large pack of peat based soil to start your seed in...maybe a cup or two. Once your plant is established it may do fine..

This is quite the gamble with a 1000 seeds? you going to cut the corn out or leave it.?

Re you planning on putting a thousand autos in your own corn or trying to put it some farmer's without permission? If you're putting it in your own then awesome! But if you're putting a thousand in someone elses field they're going to notice, and that's a fucked up thing to do to someone's crops.

Back