if you want to pre charge coco then you should be growing in soil. I can see no benefit to pre charging coco, all it has the potential of doing is burning your seedling.

if you want to pre charge coco then you should be growing in soil. I can see no benefit to pre charging coco, all it has the potential of doing is burning your seedling.

Why does everyone stress pre-charging it though? I see what you're saying here.

i use the real cheap coco. i rehydrate it in a big 55 gallon tote. i do 4 cubic feet at a time. then i pot up in the pots im going to plant in and i rinse it real well with reg water. i dont ph this water. then i rinse agan with some calmag water at 250 ppms of cal mag. i use tap water so my ppms are like 380 when i add the cal mag. i dont ph this either and i water slowly until i get runoff of the cal mag water. i wait for it to finish draining then i water well with what i would use to start plants in. this is the only stuff i ph. this was the method told to me and i havent had any problems with it yet. and i use as cheap of coco as you can find lol.

you dont have any nutrients in your coc is why you have to add nutes right off the get go. like all types of hydro

i use the real cheap coco. i rehydrate it in a big 55 gallon tote. i do 4 cubic feet at a time. then i pot up in the pots im going to plant in and i rinse it real well with reg water. i dont ph this water. then i rinse agan with some calmag water at 250 ppms of cal mag. i use tap water so my ppms are like 380 when i add the cal mag. i dont ph this either and i water slowly until i get runoff of the cal mag water. i wait for it to finish draining then i water well with what i would use to start plants in. this is the only stuff i ph. this was the method told to me and i havent had any problems with it yet. and i use as cheap of coco as you can find lol.

I wonder just how cheap you can get decent Coco online. I think I bought 100L for near 85 on Amazon. I need to fill 9 3G pots soon for my next run in a month. I have around 30-40L left from the last run I did.

people swear by canna coco and you can buy them in bricks now. you get 40 liters for like $20 on amazon and its ready to go as soon as ts hydrated.

people swear by canna coco and you can buy them in bricks now. you get 40 liters for like $20 on amazon and its ready to go as soon as ts hydrated.

That's awesome and super cost efficient. Coco Coir was what I bought and grew in. Guess Canna Coco is cheaper on average. Wonder what the difference between the two is.

Lol awesome now I know how much I need to use to charge coco with these nutes. Thanks bro! i'm planning on buying them soon. Bud explosion too for flowering pK it seems I need as well. I have a product called flower fuel already. Could I use that instead?

I am not familiar with flower fuel .
So I can't say.
Green leaf does say that there is no need for a pk booster with megacrop if you follow the veg/bloom schedule.
However I want to use the same low ppm base all through the cycle.
The only reason they offer the boosters is to keep it in the family. Make perfect business sense.
I'm sure you can make flower fuel work.
I'd just wait for the BE
Pax

I am not familiar with flower fuel .
So I can't say.
Green leaf does say that there is no need for a pk booster with megacrop if you follow the veg/bloom schedule.
However I want to use the same low ppm base all through the cycle.
The only reason they offer the boosters is to keep it in the family. Make perfect business sense.
I'm sure you can make flower fuel work.
I'd just wait for the BE
Pax

BE?

Not totally true but understand your thinking
In soil one does not have total control over what the plant is fed.
Coco is inert and has nothing for a plant to feed on so the plant gets what is put in.
Coco does not have calcium so it will uptake the calcium till it is basically " full" of calcium before it starts to release it for the plant.
So if one puts a plant into unprecharged coco the plant will not get any calcium until the coco is full of calcium and starts releasing it to the plant.
So do plants need calcium???
After you answer that question then you answer why to precharge.
You don't need to precharge but it may push your plants development back by a week or more if the coco needs to be
Soil is great, but coco gives you what you put into it..
Precharge in coco is no harder than adding worm castings to soil
Pax

Back