Indoor Hope's perpetual Skyline grow

I'll pick a wee bottle up and give it a go m8.. £12 delivered for a 250ml.. cheap as chips :jointman:

Cant comment on your sugar cane idea I'm afraid.. can u not get molasses?? I used molasses waaayyyyy back when I started out and always felt the plants benefited for it.. it just got too much of a messy pain in the arse to use in the end I think.. some thick shit that stuff.
I used to boil up some water, add a few spoons of organic blackstrap molasses (sulphur free), let it cool down and shove it in an old coke bottle.
I'd add 1or 2ml/L of that to my nute mix, and go with the flow!

Unfortunately, deep down I can't handle just adding random amounts of stuff into my nute mix, so Bud Candy was so much handier!
Plus as you say, the mess. I remember shaking the bottle too much once and it fizzed up all over the place.

They tell you 2ml/L so I added 1ml/L partly cos I'm a tightwad and partly cos AN will always tell you to add the max amount when you don't always need it!
Just had a look at the Aussie grow shops, and Bud Candy is back in stock!! I'd get a litre, cos 250ml is only gonna give you 25 doses.

As well as the sugars, it contains amino acids and vitamins which might be useful for Auto growers, as we have more intense light schedules compared to photo growers.

Here's some extracts from the AN sales pitch....

during peak bloom cycle your plants’ need for sugars exceeds their ability to manufacture sugars. The more you push them, the more C02 , light and nutrients you give them, the more they need carbos, the more they fall behind.

your plants best absorb simple or complex carbohydrates when they are present as Arabinose, Dextrose, Glucose, Maltose and Xylose from Raw Cane Extract, Malt Extract, Cranberry Extract and other premium carbohydrate sources.........these materials also fuel beneficial bacteria and fungi in your root zone.

Vitamin C could help photosynthesis, protecting your plants from negative effects of intense light and heat.

B vitamins provides many flower-boosting benefits while also protecting crops from stress

It seems that the enhanced taste and smell is because of the addition of:
anthocyanins, isoflavonoids, polyphenols, isoterpenes and tannins found in cranberry and grape extracts.
That explains that lovely strawberry milkshake kinda smell I was getting in my Night Queens. I think the bud Candy brought that out more than when I haven't been using it.

I think I should get a bottle or two free of charge from AN for all that promotion!!!

Last edited:
WW buds building up nicely.. definitely chunkier and more dense than I was getting in soil.. I can tell already.. mainly on down the plant..
20210924_075800.jpg
20210924_075824.jpg
20210924_075830.jpg

Thank funk its Friday AFN crew.. fk this 9-5 office grind :d5: :jointman: :vibes:

WW buds building up nicely.. definitely chunkier and more dense than I was getting in soil.. I can tell already.. mainly on down the plant..
View attachment 1370631View attachment 1370632View attachment 1370633

Thank funk its Friday AFN crew.. fk this 9-5 office grind :d5: :jointman: :vibes:
I feel you. I am sick and tired of working. Lockdown showed me that actually being off work for more than a week is pretty good and nowhere near as boring as I thought it would be. All this shit about self esteem is bollocks, I want my rent, council tax and unearned money in my bank account paid every month, guaranteed, but that ain't going to happen, government going to force me to work till I die on a site somewhere.
EP3

Last edited:
I feel you. I am sick and tired of working. Lockdown showed me that actually being off work for more than a week is pretty good and nowhere near as boring as I thought it would be. All this shit about self esteem is bollocks, I want my rent, council tax and unearned money in my bank account paid every month, guaranteed, but that ain't going to happen, government going to force me to work till I die on a site somewhere.
EP3

26 years of insurance based office work partner.. I deserve a break surely :biggrin: I've seen enough of insurance and offices already to do me 10 lifetimes.. thank fk I have this wonderful little hobby in the background keeping me sane.. and the fruits of my labour help make the office as bearable as it can be haha.. it gets me that I can do my job from home full time but my boss ain't having it.. likes bums on seats :shrug: fuuuuuuuuuuuuckin hell man!! Clearly a sadist lol

This hobby keeps me sane too. I need tradesman, van, tool and 3rd party liability insurance. Possibly a motor trader policy too. Thinking about trying to earn a little extra selling motors I bought at auction. Get all my vehicles through the auction saves between 1 and 2 K buying through the auction.
If you get commission....
Cheers
EP3

Totally agree with the work from home thing for yourself, especially if it's phone based.
:pass:
EP3

Work may not be an issue for me soon. Just heard on the grapevine ie chatty HR cutie that there’s another round of random drug tests. And I’m on the list. Again….

Totally agree with the work from home thing for yourself, especially if it's phone based.
:pass:
EP3
I’m based in a van and rarely go into the main office. But the amount of emails……..

Back