Indoor Hope's perpetual Skyline grow

Day 13 for the wee ones..
View attachment 1299304

My bugs I think are thrips.. i can actually see them on the plants :cuss: although they are tiny.. reallllllly pissing me off.. theyre on all the plants but the bigger thc bomb is gettin the worst of it.. ive sprayed wice with neem oil 5ml to half a L of water.. it seemed to make them worse.. there were even more of them to be seen on the leaves after I'd sprayed.. from what I read effects aren't instant so hopefully they'll due off in time.. he said.. with very little confidence :cuss:

Only saving grace is that they're not effecting growth atm.. these babies are flying along.. all pushing out 3rd set of nodes already. Nearly Time for some Biosys.
i only had any type of bugs once and i think that was from overwatering also i always thought soil was more prone to them that's one reason i went with coco anyhow i hope you eradicate the little fuckers i bought them yellow sticky traps

Day 13 for the wee ones..
View attachment 1299304

My bugs I think are thrips.. i can actually see them on the plants :cuss: although they are tiny.. reallllllly pissing me off.. theyre on all the plants but the bigger thc bomb is gettin the worst of it.. ive sprayed wice with neem oil 5ml to half a L of water.. it seemed to make them worse.. there were even more of them to be seen on the leaves after I'd sprayed.. from what I read effects aren't instant so hopefully they'll due off in time.. he said.. with very little confidence :cuss:

Only saving grace is that they're not effecting growth atm.. these babies are flying along.. all pushing out 3rd set of nodes already. Nearly Time for some Biosys.
I've been looking into these as a possible cheapish addition to my lighting.. Looks like it's good for the plants With a potential knock on effect of killing bugs at the same time.
:d5:

I've been looking into these as a possible cheapish addition to my lighting.. Looks like it's good for the plants With a potential knock on effect of killing bugs at the same time.
:d5:
Interesting that you posted that as I was also looking into these for resin production, Shane at Migro has started making fixtures and interesting what he has to say about them.

Do plants like Biosys..
20210324_204045.jpg
20210324_204102.jpg

A resounding yes from these 4 ladies. Easily.. far and away the best canna product I have come across in 7/8 years growing. And so cheap as well.

Pretty sure LED Hydroponics have released one as well.. or will be in the very near future.
Yes they do a 30w UV led.
https://ledhydroponics.co.uk/product/led-uva-30w/

Plants looking happy and strong there!

@hope2grow - question on your feed schedule I've been using. With the Sensi Bloom only, do you feed every watering or do you follow a feed, water, water schedule? Ive been on the feed/water/water and it's working unbelieveably well! (Also apologies for cluttering up your thread)

@DeanOnAuto , @RustyStarbuck72 , @Taipan - I see you guys discussing the UV add-ons. There was a bit of discussion in another thread a while back, Ill see if I can find it, but.... the main TL:DR was to make sure you've got UVA and UVB. So far most of the LED solutions can only put out UVA wavelengths and fluorescent T5 tubes can effecvtively produce UVB and UVA. Cost wise a T5 tube lamp is the best cheap fix for UV spectrum at the moment. There are some high end LED UV strips but they are still £££ and DIY.

The Migro appears to have the right spectrum spread for the "right" UV response from the plants. Nearly £100 is steep. I picked up my 2' single bulb T5 for $50 shipped. I don't think the place I used ships international though. I don't know how difficult the plug conversion might be for UK/EU, the Migro after all the shipping, customs, plug swap is likely just as much money and easier.

I got mine here: Just hit the edit to pick the right bulb you want.

UV led strips:

Cutter Australia and SolaCure

Sola:

Cutter:

From Cutter: And science-y links!

UV Light Benefits for Cannabis
Aside from increasing THC content, UV wavelengths have other benefits. UV-A light increases anthocyanin content while UV-B light increases the amount of lycopene, beta-carotene, glycosides, and hydroxycinnamic acid derivatives (Li & Kubota, 2009; Neugart et al., 2014; Pérez et al., 2009). These compounds can change the color, flavor, and smell of a plant. These changes in color, flavor, and smell often make plants more appealing to humans, but more toxic to some insects. Plants with increased levels of these flavor/smell compounds are less likely to get eaten by insects (Rechner, Neugart, Schreiner, Wu, & Poehling, 2017)! This means that ultraviolet lights can decrease herbivory from pests. Lastly, there is strong evidence that UV-B light prevents the spread and severity of fungal spores (Palmer, Drees, Foster, & Lindner, 2018).
Ultraviolet light is useful for more than just increasing THC content. As a grower, it’s important to weight the benefits and costs of using UV light to decide if it will significantly improve your grow environment.

With the Sensi Bloom only, do you feed every watering or do you follow a feed, water, water schedule? Ive been on the feed/water/water and it's working unbelieveably well! (Also apologies for cluttering up your thread)

Thanks brother.. u clutter away.. no problem at all.. I feed sensi bloom every feed.. have often wondered if a feed/water schedule would be enough for them but was reluctant to try and risk mangling a plant or 2 in the process.. glad to hear its working though.. I may give it a shot soon.. probably on 1 plant out of a 4 plant grow to see how it goes for me. Thanks for sharing partner.

Back