New Grower Hog's First Perpetual Garden

My First Photoperiod Grow, what strain(s)? I've got room for 2 plants, what do yall think?

• CSI Humboldt: Purple Hindu Kush x Chemdog D

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Twenty20 Mendocino: Avenue of the Giants

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Humboldt Seed Co: Pineapple Muffin

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Headband x Bubblegum

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • CSI Humboldt: Gorilla Glue x Headband

• CSI Humboldt: Chemdog D S1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ace Seeds: Zamadelica x Kali China

• CSi Humboldt: Big Bad Wolf 2.0 (Chem 91 x Chem D

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Obama Care (Chem D x Obama Kush)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • CSI Humboldt: Chem # 1 x GG4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirates of the Emeral Triangle: Pine Tar Kush

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m thinking of trying either SIP buckets or earthbox Jr soon. How are you liking them @Hog MaGundy
Loving them so far!
I’m thinking of trying either SIP buckets or earthbox Jr soon. How are you liking them @Hog MaGundy
Loving them so far! I just top dressed for the first time thr other day and I already have some nice white mycelium going underneath the mulch covers. There's some good build a soil video on earthboxes + autos. Here's one

Day 23/13/2
CDLC drank its reservoir already and is grwoing strong so i decided to go ahead and top dress a little extra Craft Blend and Build a Flower.
20220922_192033.jpg
20220922_192110.jpg
20220922_192256.jpg

Samsqanch got some leaf tucking along with CDLC. RBF is doing fine, Im considering topping it since ive seen these get tall and the others want to stay squat. In thinking ill do that above the 4th node in 2-3 days.
20220922_193836.jpg

Stonefruit and Blackstrap are both up! I get the solar covers for them tomorrow.
20220922_193943.jpg

CDLC drank its reservoir already and is grwoing strong so i decided to go ahead and top dress a little extra Craft Blend and Build a Flower.
View attachment 1517458View attachment 1517459View attachment 1517460
Samsqanch got some leaf tucking along with CDLC. RBF is doing fine, Im considering topping it since ive seen these get tall and the others want to stay squat. In thinking ill do that above the 4th node in 2-3 days.
View attachment 1517462
Stonefruit and Blackstrap are both up! I get the solar covers for them tomorrow.
View attachment 1517461
You get the RS covers they sell? I was considering getting some but I don't want to make any gnat problems worse

Day 24/14/3
Gave SamOG its first Build a Flower top dress. Watered in lightly with RO+Recharge and 1/8tsp/gal ratio of Build a Bloom. Just doing leaf tucking and some ponytailing so far on CDLC and SamOG. RBF is trucking right along, if I top it ill probably do it within the next 24 hours. Thinking of trying a Schwazz a la @420autoflower but not sure on the timing. Any input would be appreciated!
20220923_194908.jpg

BS and SF are looking okay, a little leggy maybe so i lowered the light a bit.
20220923_194934.jpg

Thanks for stopping by the Hog Farm! :smokeout: :pighug: :vibe:

Gave SamOG its first Build a Flower top dress. Watered in lightly with RO+Recharge and 1/8tsp/gal ratio of Build a Bloom. Just doing leaf tucking and some ponytailing so far on CDLC and SamOG. RBF is trucking right along, if I top it ill probably do it within the next 24 hours. Thinking of trying a Schwazz a la @420autoflower but not sure on the timing. Any input would be appreciated!
View attachment 1517761
View attachment 1517762
How is the ponytailing working out for you? Been considering trying it out of some of my more stubborn shorter plants.

How is the ponytailing working out for you? Been considering trying it out of some of my more stubborn shorter plants.
I think it's worked out well. All I did with my last plants was ponytail until the stretch started and then just a little lst to train the side branches out a little. It was particularly helpful with the Forum Stomper. Although I have nothing to judge it against since its the only thing I've done so far

View attachment 1517761
View attachment 1517762
Looks like keeping your main tops in a ponytail and all the leaf tucking has been paying off for you Hog… you have many nice exposed bud sites to show for it brother. I do that ponytail trick once in awhile on shorter plants and know it’s a tedious job having to keep that top bundled up all the time. If you decide not to top your plants you can always use the technique where you continuously pinch off the top 2 leaves on the main cola site which will help bring your bottom nodes up resulting in a flatter canopy. I don’t see any need for any heavy defoliation at this time but will be happy to follow along to watch your progress. :lol:

Looks like keeping your main tops in a ponytail and all the leaf tucking has been paying off for you Hog… you have many nice exposed bud sites to show for it brother. I do that ponytail trick once in awhile on shorter plants and know it’s a tedious job having to keep that top bundled up all the time. If you decide not to top your plants you can always use the technique where you continuously pinch off the top 2 leaves on the main cola site which will help bring your bottom nodes up resulting in a flatter canopy. I don’t see any need for any heavy defoliation at this time but will be happy to follow along to watch your progress. :lol:
Awesome, appreciate the response. I was thinking of trying the technique you mentioned and maybe just taking a few larger fan leaves every couple days. Honestly things are going so easily with the Earthboxes and Build a Soil that I'm thinking about doing as little to them as possible to see how well they work for a hands off grow, and using the plants is the RS bags to play with as far as topping/training, but we'll see, lol.

Do you ponytail every day Hog? And for approximately how many hours a day? Setup looks freakin fantastic man :cheers:

Back