New Grower Hog's First Perpetual Garden

My First Photoperiod Grow, what strain(s)? I've got room for 2 plants, what do yall think?

• CSI Humboldt: Purple Hindu Kush x Chemdog D

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Twenty20 Mendocino: Avenue of the Giants

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Humboldt Seed Co: Pineapple Muffin

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Headband x Bubblegum

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • CSI Humboldt: Gorilla Glue x Headband

• CSI Humboldt: Chemdog D S1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ace Seeds: Zamadelica x Kali China

• CSi Humboldt: Big Bad Wolf 2.0 (Chem 91 x Chem D

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Obama Care (Chem D x Obama Kush)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • CSI Humboldt: Chem # 1 x GG4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirates of the Emeral Triangle: Pine Tar Kush

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:yeahthat: Me too majorly :pass:

:thanks: Hog nope it was em-5 i remember you talking about saw both on BAS and forgot which you were using.. I plan on getting some nematodes so maybe I pick that up too I always have issue's with gnats and soil.. I don't have much for microbes just recharge and picked up mammoth P recently

Yeah you probably right i just kind of wanted 4 plants in there and math wise the boxes will fit but that's about it maybe a fan or small humidifier if needed.. I will probably just stick to 3 maybe 2 and stager the run :shrug: I plan on starting a thread when they get here/site update done to get details in order:d5:
Make sure you tag me when you start that thread!

@Lil Dab tag me too when you start a new thread. I know BAS has been using mustard seed meal to help control fungus gnats. I believe they add it to buildaflower top dress now too.

Make sure you tag me when you start that thread!
:salute: Will do
@Lil Dab tag me too when you start a new thread. I know BAS has been using mustard seed meal to help control fungus gnats. I believe they add it to buildaflower top dress now too.
:salute: Will do

I hadn't heard that one thanks i was going to try neem cake keep hearing guys talking about that in LS:d5:

That reminds me, they also used Montana Grow silica on a bonsai in their office. They just completely covered the soil with it, left it for a couple.days to choke out all the Gnats the scraped most off, scratched the rest in as a topdressing.

Solo Cups (Candy Avalanche and Mandofruit): Day 38
20230306_215651.jpg

Ive really been loving this side project lately. Treating it as a gauge of how good a grower I really am (since earthboxes kinda feel like cheating sometimes, lol) Now that they're starting to Flower I did a little bottom dress with my supercharged amendment/casting mix.
20230306_213200.jpg

Candy Avalanche (Fr. LEFT) has started smelling pretty close to the way it is described by the breeder "Spiced Gumdrops". Not sure what to expect as far as yield, but 7-10g per cup seems realistic. Definitely enough to get an idea of what the strain brings to the table.

Last edited:
Methane: Day 56
20230306_213512.jpg
20230306_213612.jpg

Nice and frosty, smells like gas and pine, maybe a little berry, but not much. Starting to chunk up nicely. Gave a topdressing today that should last it through til harvest.

@Hog MaGundy when do you usually fill the Rez in the eb jr? I filled the regular EB on day 21. Thinking I might fill the jr a couple days earlier

Back