New Grower Hog's First Perpetual Garden

My First Photoperiod Grow, what strain(s)? I've got room for 2 plants, what do yall think?

• CSI Humboldt: Purple Hindu Kush x Chemdog D

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Twenty20 Mendocino: Avenue of the Giants

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Humboldt Seed Co: Pineapple Muffin

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Headband x Bubblegum

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • CSI Humboldt: Gorilla Glue x Headband

• CSI Humboldt: Chemdog D S1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ace Seeds: Zamadelica x Kali China

• CSi Humboldt: Big Bad Wolf 2.0 (Chem 91 x Chem D

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Obama Care (Chem D x Obama Kush)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • CSI Humboldt: Chem # 1 x GG4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirates of the Emeral Triangle: Pine Tar Kush

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It may just be the pic, but the top looks a little less moist than it should be.
I think it's just the pic, but it's also right at the end of a longer dry period before I did another topdress of BaF, CB, Terp Tea and watered in with Build a Bloom.

Methane: Day 49
20230228_004746.jpg
20230228_004805.jpg

What Strains should I run to finish by mid June?
Okay, so trying to figure out logistics of starting 2-3 more plants before the current round finishes. I'm leaving for a week (June 21-28) so need to have everything harvested, dried, and in grove bags by then. I had started a Makeda in the Reg EB but it was stunted and I wasn't going to have room in the 4x4 anyway so culled it.
So, by my count I've got about 100 days to my target harvest date if I start today. Makeda and Alien Moonrocks would be my choices but both tend to go long and may not be quite done. Still plenty of other options though and could use some input!
Mephisto: CDLC, Fugue State, Forum Stomper, Strawberry Nuggets x Pink Panama
Binary Slections: Jogi OG, Mystery 3 Pack
Screenshot_20230305_194321_Chrome.jpg

Jeano: Straw Dog S1, Strawberry Kush, Blue Dog (Chemgdoggin pheno), Voodoo
Atlas: Gummibears, Top Gun
Think I might start 4 or 5 in solos and transplant the best two into EBs after 10 days or so. Thanks for following along yall! Plant updates later tonight!

Last edited:
CDLC, Fugue State, Forum Stomper

I've never had either of those go over 100 days more like 80's but I tend to chop early:eek1::doh: Haven't grown any of the others:d5:

I order EB jr's last night 4 of them not sure how many i'm gonna run un the 3x3 maybe all BUT question for you any recommendations on stuff to add to the box? I think I'll be putting in a BAS order before then run starts but plan on using CoM soil, composts, and amendments it would just be add on's microbes, bokashi etc... I feel like i remember you talking about EM1 for the gnats? is that right?

I've never had either of those go over 100 days more like 80's but I tend to chop early:eek1::doh: Haven't grown any of the others:d5:

I order EB jr's last night 4 of them not sure how many i'm gonna run un the 3x3 maybe all BUT question for you any recommendations on stuff to add to the box? I think I'll be putting in a BAS order before then run starts but plan on using CoM soil, composts, and amendments it would just be add on's microbes, bokashi etc... I feel like i remember you talking about EM1 for the gnats? is that right?
Yeah, Id probably be fine with any of them in 100 days. Just saw a few 110+ day Makedas and made me rethink it (I am a textbook overthinker though, lol)

EM-5 is their IMP product that i used in combination with nematodes to take care of a pretty bad gnat infestation. @WildBill would be the one to ask about EM-1. I would like to add it to my system eventually, but I've got plenty of stuff to get those next few plants done before I take a little break.
I can definitely reccomend the Rootwise Mycrobe complete and BioPhos. A little pricey but you really should only need to add them each one time per cycle, since the EB system keeps the microbes thriving and multiplying. The bokashi has added noticeable biological activity every time I've used it as well.
4 Juniors fills up my 4x4, so maybe 3 in the 3x3? Stoked to have another person trying the autoflower/earhbox combo, I think you'll like it!

Okay, so trying to figure out logistics of starting 2-3 more plants before the current round finishes. I'm leaving for a week (June 21-28) so need to have everything harvested, dried, and in grove bags by then. I had started a Makeda in the Reg EB but it was stunted and I wasn't going to have room in the 4x4 anyway so culled it.
So, by my count I've got about 100 days to my target harvest date if I start today. Makeda and Alien Moonrocks would be my choices but both tend to go long and may not be quite done. Still plenty of other options though and could use some input!
Mephisto: CDLC, Fugue State, Forum Stomper, Strawberry Nuggets x Pink Panama
Binary Slections: Jogi OG, Mystery 3 Pack
View attachment 1571270
Jeano: Straw Dog S1, Strawberry Kush, Blue Dog (Chemgdoggin pheno), Voodoo
Atlas: Gummibears, Top Gun
Think I might start 4 or 5 in solos and transplant the best two into EBs after 10 days or so. Thanks for following along yall! Plant updates later tonight!
I ran an Atlas Seeds - Top gun outdoors last year, though she didnt get much sun during flower she still gave me some nice frosty buds. Smokes great too. Its also supposed to be their quicker finishing auto.

Forum Stomper is an awesome strain too, finished in about 75 days in a 3 gal.

I ran an Atlas Seeds - Top gun outdoors last year, though she didnt get much sun during flower she still gave me some nice frosty buds. Smokes great too. Its also supposed to be their quicker finishing auto.

Forum Stomper is an awesome strain too, finished in about 75 days in a 3 gal.
Yeah, Forum Stomper was one I ran on my first grow last June. Was a great plant for sure! But tbh, I think maybe Cookies strains just aren't my jam. Effects/flavor wise FS and Blackstrap just weren't anything special and everytime I've gotten GSC at a dispo I've felt the same way. I dunno, could just be mistakes i made drying/curing.
Top Gun is one at the top of my list. CDLC was but was one of my first EB plants and I didn't get much yield so might try again. Way too hard to decide!

(I am a textbook overthinker though, lol)

:yeahthat: Me too majorly :pass:

:thanks: Hog nope it was em-5 i remember you talking about saw both on BAS and forgot which you were using.. I plan on getting some nematodes so maybe I pick that up too I always have issue's with gnats and soil.. I don't have much for microbes just recharge and picked up mammoth P recently

Yeah you probably right i just kind of wanted 4 plants in there and math wise the boxes will fit but that's about it maybe a fan or small humidifier if needed.. I will probably just stick to 3 maybe 2 and stager the run :shrug: I plan on starting a thread when they get here/site update done to get details in order:d5:

Back