New Grower Hog's First Perpetual Garden

My First Photoperiod Grow, what strain(s)? I've got room for 2 plants, what do yall think?

• CSI Humboldt: Purple Hindu Kush x Chemdog D

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Twenty20 Mendocino: Avenue of the Giants

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Humboldt Seed Co: Pineapple Muffin

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Headband x Bubblegum

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • CSI Humboldt: Gorilla Glue x Headband

• CSI Humboldt: Chemdog D S1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ace Seeds: Zamadelica x Kali China

• CSi Humboldt: Big Bad Wolf 2.0 (Chem 91 x Chem D

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Obama Care (Chem D x Obama Kush)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • CSI Humboldt: Chem # 1 x GG4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirates of the Emeral Triangle: Pine Tar Kush

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Where's My Dog, Cream Cheese, Methane: Day 13
WMD
20230121_130628.jpg

Cc
20230121_130635.jpg

Methane
20230121_130621.jpg

So, I have no evidence to back it up but I think some of the deficiency issues I've had in the past have stemmed from removing excessive fan leaves (and thus stored nutrients) from the plant. I figure the plant is taking up those nutes from the soil and using them to build those leaves, and if we just take them away then we're kind of wasting that nutrition and energy from the plant. Keep in mind, I'm super stoned right now, but I think my plants that I haven't removed/removed as many healthy leaves from have been healthier throughout the grow than those I stripped bare.

You're doing awesome with the living soil though! You're right about there being a learning curve but no more so than any other grow style I don't think. I do think you get into a lot more of the "why" when you fall down the rabbit hole of soil biology and being a caretaker to the soil instead of the plant part of it than you would with just following a formula. Once you figure it out though it really is the simplest way to grow!

@Suki thanks, I think you're right!
Appreciate you checking out my journal! Would thought you'd be tired of reading after all the live stoner pages, lol
Lol hubby is playing his game and I'm not in the mood to play mine. Plus I like seeing what everyone's been up to while I've been gone :rofl: I know you've said you've had issues but you really do have some pretty plants in this journal!

So, I have no evidence to back it up but I think some of the deficiency issues I've had in the past have stemmed from removing excessive fan leaves (and thus stored nutrients) from the plant. I figure the plant is taking up those nutes from the soil and using them to build those leaves, and if we just take them away then we're kind of wasting that nutrition and energy from the plant. Keep in mind, I'm super stoned right now, but I think my plants that I haven't removed/removed as many healthy leaves from have been healthier throughout the grow than those I stripped bare.

You're doing awesome with the living soil though! You're right about there being a learning curve but no more so than any other grow style I don't think. I do think you get into a lot more of the "why" when you fall down the rabbit hole of soil biology and being a caretaker to the soil instead of the plant part of it than you would with just following a formula. Once you figure it out though it really is the simplest way to grow!
Yeah, I l think I'm leaning towards agreeing with that. I still haven't grown many plants but this most recent plant I Had that exact thought before I defoliated, but did it anyway, lol. It seems fine, but I wonder if it might very chunks up more or had higher terps if I had left it alone.
I really have fallen down the living soil rabbit hole and I love it! This spring I'm gonna start focusing on making as many of my own inputs as I can.

Back