New Grower Hog's First Perpetual Garden

My First Photoperiod Grow, what strain(s)? I've got room for 2 plants, what do yall think?

• CSI Humboldt: Purple Hindu Kush x Chemdog D

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Twenty20 Mendocino: Avenue of the Giants

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Humboldt Seed Co: Pineapple Muffin

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Headband x Bubblegum

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • CSI Humboldt: Gorilla Glue x Headband

• CSI Humboldt: Chemdog D S1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ace Seeds: Zamadelica x Kali China

• CSi Humboldt: Big Bad Wolf 2.0 (Chem 91 x Chem D

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • CSI Humboldt: Obama Care (Chem D x Obama Kush)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • CSI Humboldt: Chem # 1 x GG4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirates of the Emeral Triangle: Pine Tar Kush

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Go ahead and add some EWC and compost. It wouldn't hurt to add a half dose of craft blend if you have it.
Looking very nice. What else do you have for flower?
I've got a bag of fresh BaS Light recipe that I was going to use in place of just EWC/compost.i was thinking about adding a little more Craft Blend but I did pretty heavy dose of both that (1/4 cup) and Roots Organic Terp Tea Bloom (1/8th cup) about 3 weeks ago so wasn't sure if j should add more. I also have Build a Bloom, Freeze Dried Coconut Water powder. Just ordered Rootwise Bio phos, Silica, and Big 6 Micros too. Thanks for the advice and the reps @WildBill !

Supreme Runtz: Day 42 Defoliation/Top Dress
20230108_005542.jpg
20230108_011405.jpg

20230108_012231.jpg
20230108_011710.jpg

Decided to just go ahead with the defol and top dress after work tonight.
Top Dress: Light Recipe, Build a Flower, Terp Tea (1T), and craft blend (1T) Also gave a light foliar feed with coconut water for some aminos

Attachments

• 20230108_012231.jpg
    20230108_012231.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
Tuned in! Not sure how I missed this…

Hog, I’m having trouble dialing in my FCE4800. I keep it at the top of the tent. What dimmer setting do you usually use in each stage? I’m in flower now and my light is reading 30-33 DLI in Photone (at about 75%). Plants seem to be reacting as if that’s too much. Thanks ahead of time for any insight!

Tuned in! Not sure how I missed this…

Hog, I’m having trouble dialing in my FCE4800. I keep it at the top of the tent. What dimmer setting do you usually use in each stage? I’m in flower now and my light is reading 30-33 DLI in Photone (at about 75%). Plants seem to be reacting as if that’s too much. Thanks ahead of time for any insight!
Hey Dan, so I actually won a FC6500 on Black Friday and have been using that. To be honest I never really dialed in the FCe4800. I kept having light stress issues I Flower and I think it is due to the added UV/IR (unless you have one of the brand new ones, they removed those diodes). I kept it at least 18 inches above and didn't run it over 75%, but still got a lot of stress and three fingered leaves on all my plants. Under the 6500 I haven't had one 3 fingered leaf. Been thinking about writing to Mars. I'd say try dialing it back to like 60% and see how they respond?

Last edited:
Hey Dan, so I actually won a FC6500 on Black Friday and have been using that. To be honest I never really dialed in the FCe4800. I kept having light stress issues I Flower and I think it is due to the added UV/IR (unless you have one of the brand new ones, they removed those diodes). I kept it at least 18 inches above and didn't run it over 75%, but still got a lot of stress and three fingered leaves on all my plants. Under the 6500 I haven't had one 3 fingered leaf. Been thinking about writing g to Mars Hydro, since they clearly realized that UV/IR wasn't a good idea running full time. I'd say try dialing it back to like 60% and see how they respond?
Well that's unfortunate for me. I spent a lot of money on this light. I'll have to give that a shot. Appreciate it!

Well that's unfortunate for me. I spent a lot of money on this light. I'll have to give that a shot. Appreciate it!
I don't want to say it's a bad light, others here have good results with theirs, i just never really got the FCe4800 dialed in before I got a new light (and my issues may not have been uv/it damage, just a suspicion i have). I think I remember someone saying they don't run theirs over 65%, but can't remember who it was. I think @DCLXVI uses one. good luck with the grow!

Last edited:
I don't want to say it's a bad light, others here have good results with theirs, i just never really got the FCe4800 dialed in before I got a new light (and my issues may not have been uv/it damage, just a suspicion i have). I think @DCLXVI uses one. good luck with the grow!

Yeah I didn't realize they removed the UV I have the FC-3000 with uv in it and still haven't quite dialed in yet and now you got me questioning it... I think I see the same issues was running it below 75% and now over 80% either way still have some issue's buds are nice but plants are small :shrug: don't get me wrong I am happy with the light and have thought most my issue were from me... Each run with it does get better so don't think it the end of the world having it just needs to be dialed in more carefully

Last edited:
I have an FCe3000 with UV and I have the same issues y’all are having. Running about 70% in late flower right now and I’ve never been able to run it over 80% without light stress. Wondering if I can just tape over the UV diodes??? :haha:

Back