New Grower Hi Guys... the whole shebang!!!

You are going to have a tough time LSTing those tightly noded plants. I would start now by spreading out the secondary branches as much as you can by anchoring them to the outer rim of the pot with plastic coated wire. Very squat, but very healthy looking!! Do your lights have IR spectrum in them? It seems to me that they might be a bit close and are causing nodes to stack, but I don't have a 900w. Is it 3 or 5w diodes? Next round I would consider filling the pots with more dirt, I like to start with them levelled off and then once you start watering it will sink down to around an inch max from the top.

900w led - double 5 watt led.. meaning only 90 lights.. and yes brotha - 1 IR 1 UV 55 red 18 blue 4 orange10 white led lights
...since the canopy is so thick.. do you think I should cut off some of the fan leaves.. I know I should not do that but... man I'm like racking my brain.. do you think raising the light might help?? help!!!! @912GreenSkell :smokeout:

:face:

900w led - double 5 watt led.. meaning only 90 lights.. and yes brotha - 1 IR 1 UV 55 red 18 blue 4 orange10 white led lights
...since the canopy is so thick.. do you think I should cut off some of the fan leaves.. I know I should not do that but... man I'm like racking my brain.. do you think raising the light might help?? help!!!! @912GreenSkell :smokeout:

:face:

mmm how high are your lights now? I am not familiar with that type of diode, I run 100X3w, but i am sure I could get someone to help you with distance for increased stretch. I am pro defoliation when you plan just a leaf here and there to open up branches, if I cannot do leaf tucking to expose the secondary branches.
IR - I specifically bought IR lights as I read they have an impact on stacking nodes, and I have very tight vertical(30"/75cm from the top of the pots to the lights surface) so tightly stacked nodes are a good thing for me. Even if your plants stay short, you can still pull some solid yields. Ive pulled over 2oz dry from a plant under 12"/30cm tall before.

I am going to call in @arty zan for your height question...grab a distance measurement and lets see where you are.

Actually I have been exceeding my best indoor yields by using small pots and on purpose stunting methods to keep them stout and tight nodes stacked with bud, but of course it lowers yield per seed cost ratio versus maximizing plant size.

Last edited:
Whew.. that lets me breathe a bit easier.. No but seriously brother.. I thought if the plants were short and stout and the light did not reach the inner of the plant.. bud sites will appear but they just wont get too fat.. you know what I mean:pass: .....you know then you just dont get enough bud.. I dont know.. I'm asking

Hmm not sure about that! Here is a couple from my last run.
IMG_4680.JPG

IMG_4764.JPG

IMG_4902.JPG

That's exactly what I did with the plants above. Tuck what I can and selectively defoliate a couple of key leaves.

NIce freakin thick ass buds brother!!! :yay: :greenthumb: :cool1: ......I'd be happy for my first grow with auto's to come out like that!!
...do you think I can start defoliating now or should I give it maybe another 2 weeks.. that really should be my call :face: but I'm so unsure bout auto's!! ....good lookin out man.. Thanks...:thanks: ......Cheers..:chimp: .....and yeah do get me all the helpyou can please!!

Back