New Grower Hey Ho, Let's Grow! LEDs/Autopots

Are you saying leave both veg and bloom on the entire grow or just during flower for autos? I just started my first set of autos and only have the veg on. Am I doing it wrong?

Manufacturers, such as Viparspectra, recommend just veg initially, then near flowering turning on bloom while keeping veg on as well. I'm only just finishing my first grow, but have run full spectrum the entire time. The extra light can't hurt unless it's too close, and even if parts of the spectrum are less useful at different points in the cycle, there is bound to still be some benefit from the extra light.

Well, after 2 weeks on bloom nutrients, we have begun flowering!

While 2 of the girls look great,

The other two are droopy.

I’m not sure how to help the droopy plants. They all get the same water and nutrients - same everything- but two look as if they’re struggling. It did get too hot in the tent one day and that’s when the drooping started. But they have water, and the temp is fine now. Could this be just because they’re in flowering? @Screwauger

The two droopy ones looks overfed, burned tips on top leafs? But it's difficult to see with your growlight on.

The two droopy ones looks overfed, burned tips on top leafs? But it's difficult to see with your growlight on.
Yes it did have burned tips. Thanks. I went ahead and diluted my solution some. Hopefully that’ll help.

image.jpg
The droopy plants just got worse. Not so sure they were over fertilized because they responded negatively to reduced nutrients but I really don’t know. It could be the genetics or plant illness. I am flushing both with plain RO water and going to let them dry after that, hoping they comeback. I’m also sanitizing the grow tent - just in case. The happy two plants continue to thrive even though they received all the same nutrients, light, air, water, etc as the unhappy two plants. That’s part of what makes me think maybe it’s the seeds. Perhaps the strain’s genetics aren’t stabilized? Why such a divergence in responses? I really don’t know though. Just guessing and hoping the girls come back.

5E8F4F80-CA13-4F0C-939E-17B61085AE04.jpeg
I’ve about given up on the plants I accidentally drowned. (On the right) Just curious about what happens to them now. The happy girls are still happy. (Top, left)
ED126618-277B-4C05-B8B1-A2A8FA180405.jpeg
EBF81912-E3E8-41A2-9547-F4EB413319D1.jpeg

Hi NewDream!

The happy girls look very, very happy. The drowned girls ... I probably would have done the same things you did.

I LOVE your grow tent setup!

Have you decided what you’ll grow next?

Hi NewDream!

The happy girls look very, very happy. The drowned girls ... I probably would have done the same things you did.

I LOVE your grow tent setup!

Have you decided what you’ll grow next?
Thanks!

I bought a bunch of seeds during True North Seedbank’s 50% off Labor Day sale. 25 if you include the Amnesia Auto they threw in. I bought 8 each (buy one at 1/2 price and get one free) Gypsy Widow, Chem OG, and Emperor J. I also still have a 5-pack of AK from Grower’s Choice. I can’t decide what to grow next but it won’t be Emperor J as it takes longer to flower and I want to already have a stash saved up when I grow it!

Back