New Grower Here goes, wish me luck.

This is the photo of the 9 x shit mephistos with the top 10mm of dry coco moved away showing the medium as slightly moist and the plants removed from said pots with their shitty root system.
uk420man

Attachments

• IMG_0716.JPG
    IMG_0716.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
FFS i did a proper newbie mistake, i upped the feed strength from 0.4ec which has no nutes in it, just rhizotonic and silicon to 0.8 and slightly watered the babies after adding a little vitalink grow nutes to the mix, i then took the ph reading, wtf was 8ph so i quickly adjusted down to 5.7ph and watered again, hopefully not causing any issues with my babies, only time will tell, the thing is i can usually do this as vitalink is very stable, obviously not when mixed with silicon, lesson learnt fingers crossed not the hard way.
Uk420man
The temps in my tent are a constant 70f daya nd night and 44% rh, is this all good!!!

Last edited:
It's always a learning experience. Growing autos defenitly comes with its quirks. Mainly because they are a 0-80 race car where as photos are more of an Enduro race. Having to start from seed every time makes it even more challenging. Each time you change the environment you stress the plant and potentially stunt its growth potential. Problem is that there is no recovery time for these girls.

I've had the best luck by direct planting the seed in its final 5 gal grow bag. No messing around with the seeding. I try to hit the VPD numbers through each grow phase and I watch my pH. Aside from that, I try to feed at a moderate rate because it doesn't take much.

This is the photo of the 9 x shit mephistos with the top 10mm of dry coco moved away showing the medium as slightly moist and the plants removed from said pots with their shitty root system.
uk420man

When i add coco to my soil mix, I soak the coco blocks in a full measure nute/water mix in a plastic sack for a couple of days, before I mix with soil and perlite, I feel that this gives the coco a better start as its enriched, Also when using coco only I mixed with some perlite for extra aeration.

You may consider trying the same, or not, 'cos, well, you know, its a learning curve everyday and there are many, many different ways to skin a cat.:smoking:

I only use the best, coco canna pro plus and do similar wetting With rhizotonic may switch seedlings into clay pebbles on dropper system later lol

"I only use the best" this is probably the right way to go.

I am just a cheap skate, minimal fuss, minimal cost, keep it as simple as possible. :biggrin:

Back