Herbsnow dryer alternative?

After day 2 on sct and after the first day for alien moonrocks. My observation after day 2 the buds are starting to dry on the outside. There probably shrunk to there final size Id say. I dont think you will lose much size after the 2nd day. But we will see. Stem still bend the smell is on point. The alien moonrocks after the first 24 lost some size. Still totally moist Id say. Only thing is the size difference really. And the trichs are really alot more noticeable then put in the dryer. Smells amazing.
IMG_3346.jpeg
IMG_3345.jpeg
IMG_3344.jpeg
IMG_3343.jpeg
IMG_3342.jpeg
IMG_3341.jpeg
IMG_3340.jpeg
IMG_3339.jpeg
IMG_3338.jpeg

After day 2 on sct and after the first day for alien moonrocks. My observation after day 2 the buds are starting to dry on the outside. There probably shrunk to there final size Id say. I dont think you will lose much size after the 2nd day. But we will see. Stem still bend the smell is on point. The alien moonrocks after the first 24 lost some size. Still totally moist Id say. Only thing is the size difference really. And the trichs are really alot more noticeable then put in the dryer. Smells amazing. View attachment 1688519View attachment 1688520View attachment 1688521View attachment 1688522View attachment 1688523View attachment 1688524View attachment 1688525View attachment 1688526View attachment 1688527
Looking good man! Ive heard a lot of great things and you've confirmed a lot of it.

So at risk of sounding stupid, what is that thing? Like a quick dryer for buds?
Basically a specialized dehydrator. Dryes your bud in 96 hours or less without the hay or any negative side effects really. If you're curious growweedeasy did a big comparison with this device compared to air drying with like 24 samples. Long story short it dries your bud quicker and you basically can't tell the difference between air dried bud and herbsnow dried bud. Big selling point on this is for people who have issues air drying. Whether is be climate problems or space.

Another update. The sct was done with day 3 but with the crazy high humidity in the last day it is going to need another day maybe will find out tomorrow. The sugar leaves feel like they didnt lose any moisture in the last day. Im just going to go till the stems snap. Not there yet. Amr is drying well the outer is starting to get some dryness to it. And the humidity didnt help this on either but it was lower in the machine so I put them both low see if that changes anything. Heres some pics. Smells amazing and bud looks amazing as well. Will tale some more pics and observations tomorrow. And the amr is done with day two now.
IMG_3358.jpeg
IMG_3357.jpeg
IMG_3353.jpeg
IMG_3354.jpeg
IMG_3355.jpeg
IMG_3350.jpeg
IMG_3349.jpeg

So I pulled both plants last night. Think I did it to early. Most the stems where snapping but the outside still felt moist so Im going to see where the jars are at after 24 hours and if so Ill throw them back in the dry for a day. If your humidity is above 70 percent its going to take forsure a day or two longer. But in turn I never get the dry I really want if I was just hang drying. So as I learn and figure this thing out hopefully you all get a good idea if it worth it for you. My opinion 100% worth it.

So I did take them out to early. The sct that went 5 days was a rh 61% so I see no need to put it back. But I want the rh to be like 50 after the dryer. So if I went another day I think it would have been possible. For the amr that was in for 4 days the rh is 66 so it needed that extra day to get it to 60 like the sct. So tonight Im going to throw amr back in for a day or two see what I get for an outcome. The buds smell amazing. My whole room reeks and my buds are in a safe in jars. It didnt smell like that before using the herbs now. Is going to be a week or two before I chop another but this time round Im not taking them out to early and try get all the stems to snap and the humidity closer to 50 after the dry. Cause that proper process. I wanna get that down to a t before I write a full review.

Put the amr back in the herbsnow. It was at 67 so i figured got nothing to lose. Still smells good and looks good. But be a process to get it down to 60 or 58. Going to see if another day or 2 it gets to 55. Problem is the humidity is 80 percent right now. So it might be more like 2 to 3 days. I dont know. But even if it would be nearly impossible to get any sort of drying with what I was doing before.
IMG_3396.jpeg
IMG_3395.jpeg
IMG_3394.jpeg

So as you know my humidity is high in the area dry in. So it was 80 when I put the amr back in. I was going to check it yesterday so it could have done that day I wont know but after another 2 days in the dryer total of 6 days in 70 to 80 percent humidity with the buds we know where at 67 percent before the last 2 days of dry are now at 50. Thats is exactly what I want. What stems i could find they snapped. And feels dry on the outside now. Still smells amazing and now I know I can put them back without any issues issue. I wasnt really anticipating on any but you never know. So after the 2 more days I jarred the humidity was 70 or so in the garage. That what the reader said. So with in less then 15 mins of the reader being in the jar she dropped 50 packed her away and we will see what she is after 24 hours. Get an official reading and decide the next step. Put a hydration pack in or just add the humidity back slowly by opening the jar for a short period and of time. What ever I do with this one. Im doing the opposite the next round. The testing has begun and with out this TOOL in my arsenal both the plants that dried in the last week would still be hanging. With possible mold or hay smell.

Back