Help, she's dying! Possible Cal or Phosphorus deficiency??

You can change ppm anyway you want.

The only downside is if you want a base ppm of calmag. Diluting obviously dilutes that as well.

(unless you dilute with your base mix including calmag of course, which is easy with a meter)

Less may be needed with DWC, but at least in coco "5ml per gallon CALiMAGic" or 1.32 mL/L is definitely low dose, particularly if you have actual problems vs. supplementing at 1st sign or just to prevent a problem. When needed or sometimes every few feeds, I supplement in coco using CALiMAGic at 2 mL/L. But more is needed with plants in such condition. With high quality and intensity lights COBs and quantum boards, I've read reports of successful growers using up to 5 mL/L CALiMAGic and even doing that every feed.

And whatever deficiencies you figure out you have, consider foliar feeding for a quicker fix.

Last edited:
mate that girl is pretty sick ... personally I would dump your whole tank and refill with plain ph 5.6 water for 48 hours to let her rehydrate and dump whatever toxins she has onboard.
Im not sure of your chemical range but after that add back in your a/b mix to a ppm of no more than 400 and a gain the ph of 5.5- 5.6 and leave for 48 hours.
you should see her by then telling you what she needs.
Im a big believer in letting the girls tell you what they need.
You have to remember with DWC and RDWC things happen fast so exploding over night is a thing..:frowny:

So a little about my remedy .. Im a big believer in letting the girls do what they want and need in the grow and just supporting them in what they need.. if you reset them to plain water and drop it to 5.5 and dont do anything to the ph untill it reaches 6.5 then drop it back to 5.5 again giving the girls the whole range of nutrient absorption.

Generally the A/B ranges are enough to support the girls for an entire grow if you allow the ph to fluctuate and its really only us as growers that add the extras and mess around with things to get the most out of our plants .

with DWC less is more ... that being said I run at 800ppm but i have the strain dialed in to where they like it.

ns

mate that girl is pretty sick ... personally I would dump your whole tank and refill with plain ph 5.6 water for 48 hours to let her rehydrate and dump whatever toxins she has onboard.
Im not sure of your chemical range but after that add back in your a/b mix to a ppm of no more than 400 and a gain the ph of 5.5- 5.6 and leave for 48 hours.
you should see her by then telling you what she needs.
Im a big believer in letting the girls tell you what they need.
You have to remember with DWC and RDWC things happen fast so exploding over night is a thing..:frowny:

So a little about my remedy .. Im a big believer in letting the girls do what they want and need in the grow and just supporting them in what they need.. if you reset them to plain water and drop it to 5.5 and dont do anything to the ph untill it reaches 6.5 then drop it back to 5.5 again giving the girls the whole range of nutrient absorption.

Generally the A/B ranges are enough to support the girls for an entire grow if you allow the ph to fluctuate and its really only us as growers that add the extras and mess around with things to get the most out of our plants .

with DWC less is more ... that being said I run at 800ppm but i have the strain dialed in to where they like it.

ns
So currently I have her sitting in plain RO water and going to give it 48 hours. You mentioned after that I give her just the A/B mix. Do I give her the full mix of CaliMagic, Micro, gro and bloom to 400ppm? Or Just the micro and gro to 400ppm?

So I just read up on your nuets .. give her the full mix @half strength as recommended by the manufacturer or at a max of 400ppm whichever is the lesser..... damn I sound like a stoned lawyer lol.

so essentially what I'm saying is give her the full array of nutrients but at a half of what they normally have so she can draw in what she needs.

ns

Alright, here's the update.

Looks like she's going to recover. 48 hours flushing, then new nutes came in around 380ppm.

She's def perked up, but she's an ugly girl. I haven't seen her this perky during this entire grow. I honestly think in the beginning I was fighting a calcium deficiency since I was using RO water without calimag. Then I over did it on the nutes thinking she was starving for more which resulted in a lockout.

New growth is looking good.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Attachments

• IMG_20200105_205521.jpg
    IMG_20200105_205521.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 40
Back