Live Stoners Hello all. Newbie in the UK looking to do his first grow.

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have been trawling the interwebz and cannabis forums looking to set up my first grow.
I'm certain, for the time being at least, I want to be growing autos (I have my eyes on "Cheese Candy Auto" by delicious seeds. Has anyone had any experience with this seed?)

My current plans:

Coco coir:

I originally planned to grow in soil, traditional. But upon reading the reviews and rants coco coir is getting I plan on using that (I was going to go down the nutrients path with soil anyway)

I thought I would create my own coir/perlite mix following this guide:
http://www.growweedeasy.com/coco-coir

Can anyone recommend:
  • The best nutrients I need (I'm in the UK, so preferably something I can get my hands on)
  • Best watering method for a beginner

Thanks for having a look, I look forward to the journey ahead!

Last edited:
welcome to the family brother :smoking:
when I run Coco I use canna nute , and as far as watering goes it depends on your medium and if you run the coco in the beginning you may water every couple of days but by flowering you'll be wateing everyday for sure and we have a lot of good cocoa threads here on site , check them out before you make any final decisions and get some more opinions about the new regiment :pass:Once again welcome to the family bro

Welcome TL:pass:

Plan sounds good although the pots sound a bit small and 9 sounds a bit many for the space. Not that I know anything about coco but it may be worth reconsidering pots based on the results of other growers on here.

Fellow Brit here

Same tent size as myself (just upgraded) and same Rhino extraction fan.

I use LED lighting however.

Best forum for info and friendly advice I've found.

Enjoy bro

Hey chum,

Learning is what we all do each and every day. You are in the right place. Welcome my friend, eP.

Cheers Gents, nice to be here.

@CGR Thanks mate, think I'm going to use the canna coco rather than mixing my own as well as canna nutes. Will have a look there!

@KushNFT, Ive read in a couple of places that this is the sort of size/pot ratio I should be aiming for. dimensions are in meters not feet. What would you reccommend? @DarkGreen, how many pots do you have? Also how you finishing the LED lighting? have you used HPS before? How do they compare?

Cheers Gents, nice to be here.

@CGR Thanks mate, think I'm going to use the canna coco rather than mixing my own as well as canna nutes. Will have a look there!

@KushNFT, Ive read in a couple of places that this is the sort of size/pot ratio I should be aiming for. dimensions are in meters not feet. What would you reccommend? @DarkGreen, how many pots do you have? Also how you finishing the LED lighting? have you used HPS before? How do they compare?

Yeah I like the LEDs, I love smart clean efficiency and the technological side to them, aswell as the fruits which they produce.

I've only grown two plants previously, but they came out really well, not quite 1g per watt, but close enough and really great pungent and dense, fruity nuggets.

Downside is the cost, it's fucking retarded.

However the quality lights hold their value really well and I'm sure with the experience I get from each grow, I'll be knocking the gram to watt ratio out in no time.

But yeah, even from as a legit novice, they make me look good and squeeze out some properly peng weed.

Edit: I grow in 2 x 15 litre airpots.

I've never grown with anything before so I can't compare HPS or Fluorescents etc etc to LED.

Hey Now!
Welcome TheLearner, glad you found us.
That sounds like a sweet setup look forward to reading about your smashing success as a canna grower!
Peace and happy growing.

Thanks you all for the warm welcome and advice.
I went to my local hyrdo shop today with a friend and feel like I've come out with a lot of moneys worth of equipment, most of which I didn't want. Really pissed with my self.

Anyway, I have a box fan (was told they are the better way to go, especially as i will be sleeping in this room). However, i only have a 1.2 x 1.2 m tent with 600 hps light. The box fan is capable of pulling 1000 m3/h !
I have got a controller but I'm not sure if this is a great idea. this is my main concern so can anyone throw in their 2ps worth?

With the amount of time I spent researching, I wish I had told them what I wanted, not what they THOUGHT I wanted.

I'm confident I have a very expensive bunch of equipment I can use to grow something semi decent, we will have to wait and see!

Ah man, I sympathise for sure. Not enough with it tonight to offer a cogent opinion. I'll check in tomorrow and sse what we can see.
Peace.

Back