Hecno's on going organics

Did I ever mention I once had a worm farm with a brother-inlaw? 2 acres basically covered with worms. We built, invented!, equipment to feed, turn, and harvest them. Late 70's, lots of work!. lost money, but man, did we get creative! @trailanimal that would be lots of fun mate . :biggrin: @Jraven You sneaky bugger , you never let on about tomato' - well you may have and I was to stoned to notice . If you don't mind can post here or in your thread how they are going . I admire your growing skills in the environment you have . It is just bloody awesome mate .
60477408.jpg
:crying::crying::crying: :thumbsup:

:headbang: - Jray' -- whatever you did brudda, you done right! When you get doubles, it's a happy plant :woohoo1: I don't see this hybrid anymore either, and I really like it... It's very Odontoglossum biased, a fantastic genera,.. check out orchidspecies.com, the very best botanical type orchid website out there! .... So, why the :baghead: over the pot? :rofl: -clearly the orchid don't mind,...
...The whole house/yard looks great man, lots of nice green things all over- :d5:

>>> Robbio, I can see why your back got thrashed, working in those beasts- :nono: All the pounding goes right into your spine,.. ergonomics and such are not exactly high priorities! But you can still get a nice memory foam ass pad for your computer chair-- I did! :crying: .. a good quality, well designed chair is cost prohibitive, and if i didn't have a good seat, I'd be soaking in 'rrhoid cream! :yoinks: :rofl: ...

>>>

:funny: :rofl: :clapper: aaaahhaahaahaah!! Oh man, that is CLASSIC!.... I've done the very same mate, it's been a while, but it's been a private godsend according to others,...:eyebrows:... no doubt you've blasted the wigs off most everybody you're shared your wares with!
...:drool: ooOOooo, man now you really got me going with the drool man,..cruel to be kind, even to us mates! :rofl:
Actually it was my neck,.We used to clean stock tanks.{ pond in our neck of the woods.] Some were pretty steep.The up and down and sudden stops and jerks really do the damage over the years.My wife cannot grow orchids ,her blooms dry up and fall off What is she doing wrong.Don,t know what kind it is.Beautiful orchids.Peace please.

... In this case, the bulbo' grows differently than the odont',... as you see on yours, the new growth forms right up against the mother bulb, virtually no rhizome length, and thus bulbs grow cheek-to-jowl... Many of the bulbo's are crawlers, with variable length between bulbs,.. branching is variable, larger plants build quickly,... I see a definite mass-effect in orchids, larger plant are more stable, more reserves, etc., and so they start branching more readily than smaller, fewer bulb count plants,.... the Odont' may start 2 at a time when larger, and older back bulbs may fire off a second lead,... But yes, in a pot world, you have to balance the pot size with the plant, and sometimes it's best to take some of the older, rootless back bulbs off,... it's an experience and species habit call in part as well, :greenthumb:those back bulbs are still nice storage tanks! Always feel free to send me pics J', so I can assess and offer advise...:smoking:... once you see it done and have it explained, it's becomes more clear,...
Oh- :baked:... stoned me- :rofl: ...yup, I did take a few bulbs off the guttulatum in the last year or so,.. to make room for new growth, and twice the back most bulb started to rot out,.. I'll post pics of it now, that spike was a while back; it's still in the same pot, I just lift it out and clean up the rear, tuck it in again with room up front for new growth,....
Thanks good stuff brother. We upsized the pot so there is plenty of room for now...The second spike is starting to pop
IMG_20180619_060315.jpg

But now it seems all the bulbs have shriveled...what's with that? Did we just miss a watering.. it's possible this time of year things get hectic. Even the newest one is shriveled
IMG_20180619_060206.jpg

Brother hecno, I'll get some tomato pics in a bit when the sun hits the room there. The wife does the tomatoes she's the one with the green thumb lol...I'd have canna the size of redwoods if she was growing it:drool: but yep we noticed before that the tomatoes liked the solarium way more than the weed does so we should have lots!!!

Just a few pics from the farm and greenhouse.I am getting better with my new camera.Nice music bud.Peace please
DSC01854.JPG
DSC01854.JPG
DSC01857.JPG
DSC01858.JPG

Attachments

• DSC01855.JPG
    DSC01855.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC01856.JPG
    DSC01856.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC01859.JPG