Hecno's on going organics

@Jraven :biggrin: yes, it's a trippy looking growth aberration,.. you and Hecno, have you seen Spanglish's example?
.... there are some crazy looking commercial cultivars of Celosia around---
196_x700.png

>>> @islandgrower :greenthumb: super cool! Ima hafta see if that's available someplace,...

:coffee: right you are mate, PNG orchids are enough to make my head explode! I've had several from there, and some of my fav's... that Dimorphorchis is one! -- that's the genera that produces different colored and slightly different shaped flowers on the top of the spike and bottom, several feet long!... you could grow that in your yard, if you could find one,...:thumbsup:

>>> Tillandsia's are something I've not delved into that much, but I can easily see myself doing so! So many cool kinds,... easy care, flexible in pots or mounts,...makes for lots of possibilities in creative endeavors!

>>> :clapper: :thumbsup: another excellent article Hecno, thank you! This one is an especially good read with a lot of practical user-friendly info,.... I'll post it up in the reference section along with the other humic-fulvic one,... And thanks to you, it made me go ahead and buy some fulvics liquid :rofl:... BioAg makes top grade stuff, I already have the powder Ful-Humix, but after reading that article, I figured some straight fulvic (Ful-Power) would be a smart purchase, for all the plants! ...I'm keen to see how well the orchids like it, particularly the mounts,... they hold the least amount of nutes, and are sprayed foliage and all of course, so anything that aids in rapid foliar uptake is perfect,..1-2 clean water sprays later, those nutes are gone,...

:frog: As for your Ladies,... :jawdrop: *clank* .... Budzillas fillin' up that room mate! :growing: I'm blown further away every update,... even now when they're eating like termites, they still look fantastic, just now starting to tap into the fans,... That soil, along with your supp's, is proving to be superior grade stuff my friend! The aroma's must be getting very tasty by now,... I'd love to see that BBK in the Sun for a quickie snap,...heck, all of them! :rofl: ... that, or night pics with flash, so as to show off that frost :woohoo1:.... you are going to blow your mates away with this crop my friend :d5:... betting you'll have the finest smoke around for many klicks! ...Then there's the stellar follow-up with the photo's :hump:... oh man, they are shaping up beautifully mate,...loving how the Desfran x's are looking,... Zam'-Yeti may finish first? ...LP x sour is hot too! ... have you done some aroma sniffing on them? :eyebrows:

@Jraven :biggrin: yes, it's a trippy looking growth aberration,.. you and Hecno, have you seen Spanglish's example?
.... there are some crazy looking commercial cultivars of Celosia around---
196_x700.png

>>> @islandgrower :greenthumb: super cool! Ima hafta see if that's available someplace,...

:coffee: right you are mate, PNG orchids are enough to make my head explode! I've had several from there, and some of my fav's... that Dimorphorchis is one! -- that's the genera that produces different colored and slightly different shaped flowers on the top of the spike and bottom, several feet long!... you could grow that in your yard, if you could find one,...:thumbsup:

>>> Tillandsia's are something I've not delved into that much, but I can easily see myself doing so! So many cool kinds,... easy care, flexible in pots or mounts,...makes for lots of possibilities in creative endeavors!

>>> :clapper: :thumbsup: another excellent article Hecno, thank you! This one is an especially good read with a lot of practical user-friendly info,.... I'll post it up in the reference section along with the other humic-fulvic one,... And thanks to you, it made me go ahead and buy some fulvics liquid :rofl:... BioAg makes top grade stuff, I already have the powder Ful-Humix, but after reading that article, I figured some straight fulvic (Ful-Power) would be a smart purchase, for all the plants! ...I'm keen to see how well the orchids like it, particularly the mounts,... they hold the least amount of nutes, and are sprayed foliage and all of course, so anything that aids in rapid foliar uptake is perfect,..1-2 clean water sprays later, those nutes are gone,...

:frog: As for your Ladies,... :jawdrop: *clank* .... Budzillas fillin' up that room mate! :growing: I'm blown further away every update,... even now when they're eating like termites, they still look fantastic, just now starting to tap into the fans,... That soil, along with your supp's, is proving to be superior grade stuff my friend! The aroma's must be getting very tasty by now,... I'd love to see that BBK in the Sun for a quickie snap,...heck, all of them! :rofl: ... that, or night pics with flash, so as to show off that frost :woohoo1:.... you are going to blow your mates away with this crop my friend :d5:... betting you'll have the finest smoke around for many klicks! ...Then there's the stellar follow-up with the photo's :hump:... oh man, they are shaping up beautifully mate,...loving how the Desfran x's are looking,... Zam'-Yeti may finish first? ...LP x sour is hot too! ... have you done some aroma sniffing on them? :eyebrows:
Holy Cow man that thing [spanglish's mutie]turned out crazy cool. I lost track of that anomaly thread I guess after I saw the first pics of that bud....have you seen any more around here?

@Waira
I was also glad to hear the good word on the ful-power. I just got a bottle that I barely remember ordering lol and was feeling guilty :haha: since I don't really like buying bottles but the stuff sounds like it should come in handy.:pass:

@Waira , I am all ways sniffing them , I'll get a photo of the buds later for you , I can't get them out , the door is not widen enough . :nono:
Here is a photo of the native dirt , if you can call it that :rofl:
DSC_0045.JPG

Here is the garden bed , As I live on a slope the ground dries out very quick this time of year . but the moisture content of the garden bed is very good and holding . as you can see I am starting to plant and I have my tomato plants in for that -- big one -- :cooldance: Here is one thing for ya , As the ground dries out the worms are making there way to the garden bed :woohoo: The microbiological life is awesome I love seeing them at work and not all of the beds are ready , half I will not use till after the next wet season .
DSC_0073.JPG

And the pest control officer is on site , :mrgreen:
DSC_0039.JPG
DSC_0041.JPG

Ok , I have waited a year for this , Worm castings and curl grub castings . What I identified this time last year was where the worms are as the soil drys out .
in the last 2 weeks I have got at least 5 ltr of them and heaps more still there to be picked . :biggrin: and the castings , bloody heaps . So this year I am going to put a heap of egg cartoons down in the forest and make a worm trap , so this time next year , even more worms and castings for no work , I like that bit - no work -
DSC_0080.JPG

The ph of the castings is 7 , which I found very helpful as I had a patch of soil with very low ph 4 , by blending in the worm castings it is now sitting at 6.7 and at this stage holding , I'll check again in another week or so . I to have some Fulvic acid coming . :thumbsup:

:pass:G'Day Hec'! ... I foresee bountiful harvests of high brix 'maters = :glutton:,... salsa's, sauces, salad tosses,...:drool:... I've a nice marinara recipe from our old Italian neighbors if you fancy- :eyebrows:,... all that's missing is the irreplaceable kitchen magic that comes from 'Cesca's hands :bow: :rofl:......
:greenthumb: excellent strategy for worm herding into your beds mate-- topography! -- yours is a paradise for them...:cheers:

.... Oh man, that's a beauty of a snake right there! I love the colors, and trippy scale pattern and size,.. very large for such a slender snake,... What kind is it? A racer or rat snake I figure,... has the scrub python paid visit lately?
:eek1: chunky looking turds mate, I sorta feel for the buggers- :rofl:.... curly grubs, beetle larvae (not pest beetles I gather)? .... I agree Hec' you have worked like a rented mule to build your garden up, and the word is out among the "natives"! They now come to you,...:yay:.... interesting that the castings were so powerful with that pH correction!

@Waira The snake is just one of our local tree snakes . I too was surprised how well the casting worked , I am hoping it holds , The curly grubs are a pest to 99 % of gardeners , but I can see a way of making them a benefit . Here is some out door frost for ya . :thumbsup:
DSC_0085.JPG
DSC_0082.JPG
DSC_0084.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0083.JPG
    DSC_0083.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 66
:biggrin: I dig local pest controls! Yes, he does have that lean build and large eyes of an arboreal snake,... still a handsome critter... Hec', I don't see small lizards about your yard,... and such a prime spot! What's around?

:drool: oooOOOoooo,... :clapper: that is all looking damn good my friend! You know you kill me when you don't say who's who- :rofl: .... top is Desfran cross-?...mid', Zam'-Yeti...bottom..?
Ahhh now the sugar leaf rub testing :eyebrows:... my snoot is twitching just thinking about it! What's your nose say mate?

>>> Got my fossil plant juice today! :woohoo1:...very tasty indeed, a light gold-ish color, no aroma really,...
f1.jpg

I have a guard dog too, but not as good as your Boofer, or as crazy! :crying:

Tropical worm farming - Hecno style - What we have here guys is a pile of sticks that have been scrapped into a pile by a native scrub turkey , I have been keeping my eye on this pile for over 3 years , and now is the time to harvest [ just after the wet season ] I have taken a heap of worms out of it as well and all good size plus lots of little ones , also mixed in is curl grub castings . I have started to use a lot of it to top dress my pots and in ground soil , works a treat ph 7 . I also am keeping a eye on a pile that is about 10 x bigger , That one I will give a bit of a nudge next wet season . :thumbsup:
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

@Waira
I was also glad to hear the good word on the ful-power. I just got a bottle that I barely remember ordering lol and was feeling guilty :haha: since I don't really like buying bottles but the stuff sounds like it should come in handy.:pass:
I have been using Ful Power for two years. Be very careful with it. Follow the label. Just because it is organic does not mean it is not powerful.

I put a little over the recommended amount on a tomato and it was little house horrors. (It made my tomato plant retarded. Never recovered. Seriously guys...you have never seen a tomato leaf grow like this plant!)

Remember...Ful Power changes the plant on a genetic level. I have found that a few small applications (maybe 2-4 times tops!) in a plants life is all it needs.

One last thing. I have read that putting too much on can allow aluminum to become more bio available. This is toxic to the plant and I wouldn't want to smoke any aluminum.

I love the whole BioAg line but just remember, unlike most shit you buy from the grow shop...this stuff works!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have been using Ful Power for two years. Be very careful with it. Follow the label. Just because it is organic does not mean it is not powerful.

I put a little over the recommended amount on a tomato and it was little house horrors. (It made my tomato plant retarded. Never recovered. Seriously guys...you have never seen a tomato leaf grow like this plant!)

Remember...Ful Power changes the plant on a genetic level. I have found that a few small applications (maybe 2-4 times tops!) in a plants life is all it needs.

One last thing. I have read that putting too much on can allow aluminum to become more bio available. This is toxic to the plant and I wouldn't want to smoke any aluminum.

I love the whole BioAg line but just remember, unlike most shit you buy from the grow shop...this stuff works!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the heads up brother:d5: Caution noted!
Have you used it for germing seeds as stated on the label? I was just about to give that a try:toke:

Back