Hecno's on going organics

Well , every thing is still on hold as I am just waiting for Cutters to get more heat sinks in , hoping for the end of the week or next week . so on the mean time I am just playing around with a outdoor photo .View attachment 827493

I have got this plant in one of my own soils , I also have charged Bio char in the soil at 10 % It is the wrong time of year to grow them up my way , But the main reason is to test my soil . The next photos are my native worm farms , which are doing well , View attachment 827494 View attachment 827495
As a food source I am feeding them cow manure from a mates paddock , rice flour - barley flour and banana skins rotted . They seem to like this mix . I also keep a eye on the soil moisture and when I need to add moisture I spray with liquid seaweed and now and again a weak molasses mix . When I get to indoor grow again I will have a 3 part mix , some of the above , and a soil mix I have also been looking after outdoors , plus charged Bio Char . with the above plant I charged it with a 5.5.5 liquid fertilizer and liquid seaweed . I now also know all my soils before hand I had made them so they drained too fast . This last photo as you know is my garden bed , just a recap , most of it is wood chip , but soil beds too . I have just about got it set for the wet season which is why I have spent a lot of time on it , it will be 6 months before I will plant in it , also one part is for future soil for indoor grows .
View attachment 827510
And me old mates foot , Time will tell if he learn't not to chase the bloody lizards . [emoji3] [emoji106]
View attachment 827511
Very nice!!! I'm looking to use wood chip mulch myself, What do you add to stop the wood mulch from stealing nitrogen from soil? Or do you even have that problem?
Thanks,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

@stedimed
psilocybe_cubensis14.jpg
This what I get up my way . @bklyndiaz If you mix wood chip in with your soil , yes it will rob your nitrogen . I have only wood chip . I have layered it and used chicken and cow manure in between to help speed up decomposition , also I am at the beginning of the wet season so microbe and fungi life is waking up too . every thing I have used is from my local area , 2/3 of the beds are going on 2 months old , and it will be another 6 before I will use them . :thumbsup:

See this , she is going on 6 weeks old . now the plant is not so much the issue here , the soil is . I have not fed it more than 3 times and that was very light early on before I transplanted it . First pot was my home made soil as was the pot it is in now , but 10 % Actervated Bio Char , It has spent all its time out doors . I think this is turning out to be my best soil so far , Now I am not a photo grower [ very little experience with them ] I a making soils for Autos - indoors - and I think the health of this plant I maybe on the right track . I would appreciate any input on what you see . Thank you . :thumbsup:
DSC_0287.JPG

See this , she is going on 6 weeks old . now the plant is not so much the issue here , the soil is . I have not fed it more than 3 times and that was very light early on before I transplanted it . First pot was my home made soil as was the pot it is in now , but 10 % Actervated Bio Char , It has spent all its time out doors . I think this is turning out to be my best soil so far , Now I am not a photo grower [ very little experience with them ] I a making soils for Autos - indoors - and I think the health of this plant I maybe on the right track . I would appreciate any input on what you see . Thank you . :thumbsup:
View attachment 828865
Man hecno, think I'm looking at a beautiful girl that's wanting for nothing more than a little lovin from ya! Nice work

I would agree that plant is a healthy specimen of organic cannabis.great job as always friend.

The bad - Then the good . :cuss::cuss::cuss: Bloody tax man :finger: He hit me up $23000 for tax . and there I was thinking , no cob lights for me . But low and behold , My eldest son said - Dad I'll buy you the lights , just give me half of the grow and we will call it quits . :bighug:Bring ya kids up the right way and and the love comes back . :karmacloud: So I am looking at 5 lights for a 3.5 by 3.5 mtr area . Cree CXB3590 5 plants at a time :jump: Now in the mean time I have been playing with a photo plant outdoors , Had to have something to do :mrgreen: hottest temp to date 39 .4 c and had 4 days heavy rain at one stage . The photo was taken at 3 1/2 weeks old .
View attachment 822551
Remember I big garden bed I filled with wood chip , it's alive and composting well .
View attachment 822552

Next photos are the garden beds - The make up is -- Cow and chicken manure - wood chip - leaf litter - sugar cane straw - forest leafs - old rotten trees - bat guano , sea weed - fish frames - wood ash and what every else I can get for free . It will be around 7 months before I will plant in it , after the wet season . View attachment 822555View attachment 822563
:frog::frog::frog::frog::frog::frog::frog::frog:
@hecno have you thought about Citizen COBS? I have both Cree and Citizen and I honestly believe I get better growth from my cheeper Citizen COBs for 1/4 the price. I have the 1212 citizen's running at 50 watts and 3590s Crees running at 50 watts. I would not pay the extra for the cree COBs if done again. I know you can get even higher end more efficient cobs from Citizen for around 1/2 price of the Cree's. 1216's are an example.

Nothing against the Cree Cobs though...they have worked for over a year and I am extremely happy. Just thought you would want to know my opinion.

Good luck and COBs are addicting...they closed the full circle on a complete diy indoor grow. Now I even make my light!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

@Dudeski I don't know if it is the right thing to do , but I water when the sun goes down , Our min temp is 25 c and that is 2 am . so I am thinking by watering just before dark it will cool the roots and soil down after a hot day and help keep them cool all night :thumbsup:

Back