Hecno's on going organics

That is a good range . @smokeyfromau it is not soil , come on mate you would have seen it before . :biggrin: :thumbsup:

@hecno , good so the yellowing isnt a ph issue then, lkely somehting else, mmmmmm worm castings, then mine seem to be darker than that

@smokeyfromau Ya bloody silly bugger . It is what is left over from what critters eat , Trees , up here the softer the wood the more you get , palm trees are the best .
What you are seeing in the second photo is the layer on top of the soil , the worms will nail this stuff . Just make sure the tress come from clean ground . :thumbsup:
And yes you have to hear it another time . :cooldance:

ohhhhh @hecno kind of a bit flighty today lol, i think iknow now, down back the rainforest rotten timber gives a lovely mulch of rotten timber, nice stuff and good mulch. I give it to the camellias. Nice guitar work :woohoo:

@smokeyfromau Now what is feeding the big trees -- You -- Not -- :crying: That fine layer of leaf full doe's -- must be a lot of power in the leaf fall . :thumbsup:

@hecno :rofl: lucky i am not feeding the trees look at the poor canna girls ,they would all be yellow , leave mulch is what the rainforest plants need to get their nutrients, so it shows how good that sort of mulch is, what annoys me with floods it removes all that nice mulch, so i have a few understory plants to get and plant there, I would say the leaves would contain a certain N P K value maybe. That must be also when rainforest is cleared for crops, and the farmers wonder why its not as fertile, missing that leaf mulch

Back