Indoor HeavyWeight's Fast & Vast - Ponytailing

Being a virgin at this, I'm not sure how I want to proceed with the sprayed plant. As a kid I worked in a nursery for a seed company where we cross pollinated plants using plastic bags and brown paper bags. The plastic bags covered the flowers before they opened and after so they wouldn't get open air pollinated. The brown paper bags were stapled over the flowers from the plants that we wanted to collect pollen from. Once we had pollen in the bags we'd pull the plastic bags and quickly slip over the brown paper bag and staple it to the plant, shaking the bag a bit.

I want to try and make seed but not the whole plant. What would you guys do? Any guesses as to covering the flowers with bags would do to cannabis flowers?

Being a virgin at this, I'm not sure how I want to proceed with the sprayed plant. As a kid I worked in a nursery for a seed company where we cross pollinated plants using plastic bags and brown paper bags. The plastic bags covered the flowers before they opened and after so they wouldn't get open air pollinated. The brown paper bags were stapled over the flowers from the plants that we wanted to collect pollen from. Once we had pollen in the bags we'd pull the plastic bags and quickly slip over the brown paper bag and staple it to the plant, shaking the bag a bit.

I want to try and make seed but not the whole plant. What would you guys do? Any guesses as to covering the flowers with bags would do to cannabis flowers?

When I've wanted to only pollinate one bud I've used a light fluffy lady's make up brush and just tickled the bud lightly after dipping it in the pollen.

Good tip! I have some fine art brushes, that should do the trick. There are a lot of male flowers on that stem, 3 sets of flowers with male flowers.
CAM00707[1].jpg CAM00708[1].jpg CAM00712[1].jpg
They'll make a lot pollen, er should... None have opened yet but a few look close. I'm going to try and store some since there should be plenty. I read up last night about storing it, its seems best to put it in a glass jar and store in the freezer. Some say it can last years... A test because I can :)

Day 47
I had a little yellowing on some fan leaves on a couple plants the other day so I juiced these girls up. They liked it and apparently need more than my first auto's I grew, Fastbuds LSD-25 and Dinafem Critical +.
5 of them with the Nirvana and Flash girls lurking in the shadows, #6 is currently segregated making polen. I think I'm going to put the Nirvana girls outside next weekend. May just transplant in the ground as carefully I can and see what happens.
CAM00734[1].jpg

The knuckle I guess you call it from super cropping the top, it's stiff now and a bit bigger.
CAM00735[1].jpg
CAM00736[1].jpg

This top has some potential. My old grow buddy stopped by today and she's the first one he pointed out. I like to grow indica dominant plants and he prefers Sativa so we trade nugs to switch it up, I think he wants this one!
CAM00737[1].jpg

Same flowers top
CAM00738[1].jpg

Miss little lonely with her hermie appendage

CAM00739[1].jpg

There should be loads of pollen
CAM00741[1].jpg

Grow on...

Day 51
Buds are swelling up very nicely, decent trichome production. They have been drinking heavily and wanting more nitrogen from the signs of the yellowing lower fan leaves. I've been giving them nutes the last three waterings, 2tsp/10ml of the Trio and 5ml of Cal/Mag. The stretchy one appears to be sativa dominant with the slower developing buds, the other 5 are pretty much identical, indica dominant.
CAM00754[1].jpg

Super Crop lady, a tad behind the others in flower development.
CAM00756[1].jpg

Biggest top bud and my dirty fingers. :shrug::shrug:
CAM00755[1].jpg

CAM00757[1].jpg

The segregated lady
CAM00759[1].jpg
\
Looks like pollen production is in full swing.
CAM00758[1].jpg

Grow on

Day 54
The lonesome lady soaking up the afternoon sun.
smokelots.gif
cigar.gif

CAM00771[1].jpg CAM00772[1].jpg CAM00773[1].jpg CAM00774[1].jpg CAM00775[1].jpg CAM00776[1].jpg
I collected some pollen today with a pair of tweezers I pulled the pollen sacks just starting to open. I then used a brush to pollinate a couple flowers.
CAM00782[1].jpg

CAM00777[1].jpg

Miss fat n sexy
CAM00778[1].jpg

Miss super crop
CAM00780[1].jpg

They all got another drink of nutes today 2 tsp/10ml Grow/Big/Tiger 3ml cal/mag

Last edited:
Day 57
Noticed some curled down leaf tips on miss fat n sexy so they all got a drink of well water with 3 ml of cal/mag
View attachment 584921 View attachment 584922 View attachment 584920 View attachment 584919 View attachment 584918 View attachment 584917

Day 13 on the 2 fast 2 vast, they looking nice for thier age.
View attachment 584915 View attachment 584916

Miss lil lonely

View attachment 584923 View attachment 584924 View attachment 584925
woww. looking amazing. very nice lovely indoor garden :growing:

Back