Heard It Here First! Anything New! Auto Thread

hope its worth it?

Alright got some new strains for you guys. first up is the next strain i will buy it is OG x Big Bud! its 60 bucks for 3 seeds so i hope they are worth it!

NG69
they have another auto named Dynamite that im not too interested in but im here to give the scoop not pick favorites!

Also i found this and im kinda of worried because i have not heard Aunt Mossy was working on a new strain for Joint Doctor but they just released Purple Ryder and they name drop Aunt Mossy all in the disciption so if Mossy doesnt know please someone let Mossy Know.

Also came across Dane Strains and Crop King Seeds

i have not seen any of their autos mentioned so i thought i shed some light on the strains no one talks about. im still on the hunt for anything new in the auto world and hope to keep em coming!!!

o and dutch passion has released their Durban posion auto also!:grin:

Here's the problem with paying that much for seeds, ( I've seen a few even higher! ) what is a reasonable profit on a seed? I think auto growers are beginning to be taken advantage of. I mean if autos become the most popular way to grow, they have us held hostage to whatever they want to charge. If they can get say 300 seeds per plant ( not an unreasonable estimate ) x say 100 plants ( I'm sure they have more than that likely ), thats 30,000. so thats a potential $600,000 at $20 per seed. now thru a seedbank there's a middleman son they get a cut too. Now thats for just one strain so multiply that by ? strains.... Everyone it seems is trying to get rich of us, yet many of us grow because we can't afford to by our mj. So $20 per seed+ growing expenses... getting close to not being worth it i think. At least with photos, you can clone them to make up for the price.

:smokebuds:

All auto strains are grossly over priced it seems.

Here's the problem with paying that much for seeds, ( I've seen a few even higher! ) what is a reasonable profit on a seed? I think auto growers are beginning to be taken advantage of. I mean if autos become the most popular way to grow, they have us held hostage to whatever they want to charge. If they can get say 300 seeds per plant ( not an unreasonable estimate ) x say 100 plants ( I'm sure they have more than that likely ), thats 30,000. so thats a potential $600,000 at $20 per seed. now thru a seedbank there's a middleman son they get a cut too. Now thats for just one strain so multiply that by ? strains.... Everyone it seems is trying to get rich of us, yet many of us grow because we can't afford to by our mj. So $20 per seed+ growing expenses... getting close to not being worth it i think. At least with photos, you can clone them to make up for the price.

:smokebuds:

Hey bro could I offer some food for thought?

With just about any market; you can factor in supply and demand. That's the influence of price based on the availability of a product and the desire of consumers for the product. If you asked people oh what, like six+ years ago, what they thought of the autoflower market? They'd probably say it was a pretty niche market. Since then, you've got TONS of breeders that have sunk countless hours of hard work into breeding auto strains that are stronger and have more of the characteristics that people are looking for from their experience with photo strains.

It's come a LONG way, but that didn't happen without a lot of hard work and energy.

what is a reasonable profit on a seed? I think auto growers are beginning to be taken advantage of. I mean if autos become the most popular way to grow, they have us held hostage to whatever they want to charge

A reasonable profit on a seed would be one that covers your associated costs with getting that seed to market in the first place, while HOPEFULLY leaving some left over to take to the bank. Not sure what kind of businesses are in business to not make money, but they generally don't tend to stay in business haha! Also, I respectfully disagree that we're being held hostage; the seed market is a market dictated by supply and demand. There's a reason hot strains come onto seed banks and sell out within days. Limited supply, lot of demand, easy to charge what people are WILLING to pay. If people quit paying and suddenly you're sitting on a warehouse full of inventory, then you might look into the what's and why's.

now thru a seedbank there's a middleman son they get a cut too.

You're actually reinforcing the higher prices with this statement. If I'm Manufacturer X selling Product Y to Retailer Z, chances are the retailer is paying "at cost." As a manufacturer, I still need to cover my expenses and hopefully turn a profit. As a retailer, I need to cover my expenses and still turn a profit. That would make it seem like "oh well just cut out the middle man." Then you're putting a lot of responsibility and liability and new associated costs on the manufacturer, who probably isn't equipped for the retail market like that.

I know it seems like seed prices are high; but this isn't the average run of the mill tomato grower they are selling to; it's a cannabis market and right now it looks like it's regulating itself. Most seed banks are pretty darn close to price with each other, that should tell you right there that nobody's taking the piss out of anybody. When somebody starts selling Dutch Passion beans for $5 a seed, then we can start raising an eyebrow wink wink

Also, do you have any insight into what these breeders do? How much time they've invested? How much of their personal space and time seeding takes up? Any idea if this is their primary source of income? Secondary? Is this their business?

Do you have any insight into what their cost is associated with their growing and seeding and breeding? Are you paying their costs for electrical, nutrients, growing medium, HVAC, security, liability, insurance, etc? Do you know how much promotional advertising, web space, marketing, packaging (some of those breeders packs are pretty fancy,) and other hidden things cost?

See what I mean?

So before blaming seed companies for making millions off you (which I'm pretty sure they are not,) please at least consider all of the other factors that may play into what the price may be.

So $20 per seed+ growing expenses... getting close to not being worth it i think. At least with photos, you can clone them to make up for the price.

So are you upset with the price of autos, or are you upset that autos aren't as commercially viable as photo strains? There are a plethora of variables that can affect the outcome of your grow and how much weight you harvest; there are a ton of great guides here on AFN for growing and with a little experience, you can easily start pulling an oz plus per plant. Even at $20 a seed + growing expense, your return on investment is there bro. If you have questions or need help with your grows; just let us know and we'll lend a hand; this is such a great community for that!

So in summation, just want to say that we have a lot of breeders on AFN, both private and big label, would be nice to show a little respect and appreciation for the hard work and energy they put into it so that guys like you and me can enjoy growing them. I know if I spent my hard work and time into something; I'd like to know people appreciated it :)

Anyways just food for thought bro; feel free to agree or disagree; just wanted to share some perspective with you!

Pretty much agree with SoH here. When I build an amplifier for $800.00 and it rivals an $8,000.00 one I don't have to incur the expense and liability of bringing it to market, supporting it, and the liability, etc. Pretty much the same with anything, our seeds included. Plus, as I have said before, make your own seeds. I figure it's the next logical step in growing for yourself. I mean if you can go through the process and expense of growing, breeding or at least producing some seed for yourself seems like the thing to do. Heck if you clone a photo, growing out a male for pollen of using CS, I mean...

Id like you willie and soh but its not working.I completly agree. When I said are they worth it I ment 60 for 3 seeds I can get 3x 3 pack from sweets or flash even 2 from dp or dinafem and those are proven auto flower breeders I Wasn't to sure about the price but I'm all about giving the new guy a chance that's why I started this thread.

:smoke:Just Picked Up some Bomb Seeds-Cherry Bomb & Lowlife Seeds-Auto Sour Kush now just got to pick which one to run in my next grow!lol but i have a little over a month to choose so no rush. I when Sweet Seeds releaseds Auto Trainwreck and Devil Cream i think those will be my last orders for the year unless someone releases something just unthinkable, i have sooo many new strains to test for you guys itll take at least 3-4 grows to get thru most of them cant wait! Got Blue Diesel, Auto Chemdawg, and Wipeout Express all newer autos going on in my Garden of Lyfe thread! I will still stay on top of all the new strains but i dont think i will be buying anymore anytime soon.

30' perpetual harvest trees, more strain info (links) than i ever could have imagined and i could soak it up for days. thanks everybody
My take on seed prices and how to handle it.
1 Save yo money,
2 Buy regular not fem beans, buy two strains with similar traits that you like,
3 separate the boys, grow them out, collect the pollen, dry and freeze unused pollen in labeled envelopes for back crossing your private seed stash.
4 label lower branches and spray w colloidal silver, maybe read this link first http://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-make-your-own-feminized-marijuana seeds (this part of the plant is for seed production only NOT MEDICINE so don't smoke or eat it)
5 harvest your silvered lower branches just as the nuts are about to open,
6 label upper branches and other mother plants. Then with a loving hand (and a small paint brush) make love to your flowers with the different pollens you have created.
7 after seeds have formed harvest branches individually, i like using the paper bags ya get with a bottle of wine, long and thin perfect.
8 hang and dry till crispy and branches snap before separating seed from bud. I like using a (trim-bin) to separate seeds and collect kief from any part of the plant that hasn't been in contact with the colloidal silver spray. Now you have regular and silver or as ya call em around here fem seeds, YAY! its that simple. You now have a shit ton of fairly stable regular and silver seeds and enough pollen and experience to keep your baby breeding project booming with buds!

Back