Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

How much "stuff" did you start with? If you weighed it.

I've found a place nearby for dry ice. Bought some bubble bags at the local shop. Got a bit of side eye as I've kept my purchases and interactions quite on the level of veggies and flower gardening only. I also paid cash. Hahaha.

Oh how much dry ice does everyone recommend? Ice/plant ratio if there is one?

EDIT: I tried to search this thread but could not narrow it down enough with just "dry ice" unfortunately.
I've done it once so far with fresh frozen. Here's the thread...

I've found a place nearby for dry ice. Bought some bubble bags at the local shop. Got a bit of side eye as I've kept my purchases and interactions quite on the level of veggies and flower gardening only. I also paid cash. Hahaha.

EDIT: I tried to search this thread but could not narrow it down enough with just "dry ice" unfortunately.
I usually have 3 or 4 bowl runs per session. Less than 10lbs will do that fine. Just pick out the bigger stuff to reuse on next run

I usually have 3 or 4 bowl runs per session. Less than 10lbs will do that fine. Just pick out the bigger stuff to reuse on next run
Gotta try this myself... Going after some dry ice. First have to figure out where I can buy this. It's not like I can go to the Ice shop on the corner and buy me some dry ice :coffee2::haha:

Gotta try this myself... Going after some dry ice. First have to figure out where I can buy this. It's not like I can go to the Ice shop on the corner and buy me some dry ice :coffee2::haha:
I get mine from an ice cream supply place :crying: . There are also some camping supply places that have it around here

I get mine from an ice cream supply place :crying: . There are also some camping supply places that have it around here
Thanks guys!! I found a (relative) local store that sells welding gasses and also dry ice pellets (10kg for 15€). That ain't a bad deal. :thumbsup:
Guess I'm making me some dry ice sift this year :woohoo1:
giphy.gif

Am gonna wait though, until I have enough harvest for the 10kg to process in one go as that ice doesn't stay cold for long and will sublimate into CO2 gas in a day or so. It comes in a box which you buy separate, but can reuse afterwards.
Any tips on what I should get as well? I do have bubble bags in the following sizes (25, 45, 73, 90, 120, 160, 190, 220 micron). Only ever use the 25, 90, 160 and the 220 for washing. So if the 45, 73,120 and 190 can be used for dry ice, this would just be perfect!

I didn't weight the inputs. Two one-gallon freezer bags of trim and popcorn were used.

Just went to get the pics.... Gave it a run yesterday. Used just over 2oz, 65g of ground up bud material, and I didn't measure the dry ice, just scooped in enough to cover everything.

65g in and 4.5g out with the 73µ bag.

Hweight.JPG

I tried rolling it into a ball after pressing/hot water bottle and several folds. No luck. Just dry and crumbly. Not sure where I went wrong but ah, first time not to go perfectly is expected.

Back