Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

My house am stanky. It's got a funk to it! It's very strong!

Maybe this can explain it!:eyebrows::biggrin:
IMG_20220527_155813697_HDR.jpg

That's the second shake stuff! I've got about half that much as first run full melt. In reality, there's really not that much difference between the two in quality. .......first shake is just whiter.
I still have two fat 1gal bags to do. That will have to be Sunday or later. I've got both trays sitting in the walk in closet drying out.
I'll start pressing into hash the first run stuff in the morning.
I have the worked material under a fan to dry out. Maybe tonight it will be dry enough to start decarb in the ArdentFX and then to infusion. I have it sitting on one of my aluminum trays I carry out and in with my smoke meats and smoke a LOT of meat at one time.:eyebrows::headbang:. That sucker is FULL!!!!!!!!!! When I go get more dry ice, I'll need to get more coconut oil. One jar ain't gonna cut it. Should be some very potent stuff.

620full-cheech-and-chong's-up-in-smoke-screenshot.jpg

NO!
This is NOT a dog turd!!!....................but I can neither confirm or deny the presence of any Labrador in it. :eyebrows: :rofl:

I think I have about 5 more to make!

I didn't update. Here's a small one that I first made and took a pic. I made a couple more temple balls.....didn't take pics.
Biggest was jusy over 8g. This one is around 2.3g. I got it much shinier before I put it away.
IMG_20220528_160345883_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220529_125812813_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220529_125812813_HDR.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 80
Some ethanol extract I made the other day from trim
View attachment 1467881
Nice! - looks delicious.

I'm new to making ethanol extract, and bought a cheap double boiler at Walmart. The first batch I had to keep checking on. Then I realized that when it was done, the pan on top would get lighter and the water boiling from below would start moving it around and making noise. So I don't even have to watch it - I can tell it's done from the other room! That cheap double boiler was a great investment.

Nice! - looks delicious.

I'm new to making ethanol extract, and bought a cheap double boiler at Walmart. The first batch I had to keep checking on. Then I realized that when it was done, the pan on top would get lighter and the water boiling from below would start moving it around and making noise. So I don't even have to watch it - I can tell it's done from the other room! That cheap double boiler was a great investment.
Man, check out out a Soxhlet Extracxtor...freaking awesome ethanol extract.

Simple chemistry set. Still got over 1/2 quart of my first run.....2 eye droppers on a keebler cookie and it's to the moon alice.
I'd love a tutorial thread next time you run it :pass: Feels too sciencey (?) for me to start playing with without having a clue what I'm doing :crying: Also would rather prefer not blowing my house up :d5:

Back