Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

The Slabs were dried - then heated very slightly using a hot water bottle and my hands and balled up ready for storage

obviously I wrapped up a fattie- how bloody strong! The SBAK @SuperSativaSeedClub-David - certainly is an excellent plant for concentrates - so much so, as the rest of this plant is in the freezer I am going to press a couple of zips of the dried and curing SBAK to see what comes out, and the dry trim from both plants will be used to make RSO which will be used to make Jelly unicorns!

Anyway this is what we had using a 1/3 of the whole plant
CA0D5E52-E02E-496A-9BA6-6771CBA2BD8A.jpeg
85CFCC39-85C0-48A0-94CE-8FA4225A2AA1.jpeg

The changes in the crystals as the slabs were pressed/rolled
87994688-7ECD-40F8-B51E-126FD60D54C7.jpeg

41FD1151-5D21-4B85-91BA-FFFDB5CCCE32.jpeg
2CA1F792-C4B4-472C-A5CA-2683C14FFDF8.jpeg
65F46D51-8837-4714-AE2A-4D0357C060EB.jpeg

425CC7AD-5C88-4E2A-A375-55FABACF5A25.jpeg

TAke care
Z

Last edited:
Today I made a little Charas, a a precursor to making some bubble using the whole plant.

The plant in Question is a Sweet Bourbon Auto Kush from @SuperSativaSeedClub-David I ran two planrts, the first finished about 3 weeks ago and is very strong and tastes very Kushy finishing of with fuel.

So, this second plant is excess for my current weed needs so I made some hash with the whole thing.

Yesterday I took it down , branch by branch with no gloves, I ripped the leaves off with my fingers and tugged the buds of teh stems, I had some great finger hash as a result:
View attachment 1455887View attachment 1455889View attachment 1455891

That will be put away for at least 3 months.

Then after ripping the plant up, I put the whole lot in the freezer.
Today my new full mesh bags arrived so I got to work

Because there was a lot (The other plant dried and trimmed was 12zips) I filled the 220 carry bag about 2/3 full and filled the rest with ICE, the water in teh machine was already freezing having had a bag of ICE melt in to it over an hour or so.
View attachment 1455892View attachment 1455894
Holes in the bottom of the bucket to let it drain so it doesnt all sit in its water
The first Pattie from a 73 bag - machine ran for less than 2 minutes
View attachment 1455897

First run, two patties collected from the 73 and 45 - the 25 I make in to RSO along with the 160
View attachment 1455896

View attachment 1455898View attachment 1455901View attachment 1455899
View attachment 1455907View attachment 1455905View attachment 1455906

I will leave it to dry in a tiny little tent with a mini extractor running for a few days - in a week or so I shall press it then store for a couple of months

of course I will testy it beforehand :pass:
Great to see another pro at work and enhance the plant we've chosen to be our plant:):pass:

Great to see another pro at work and enhance the plant we've chosen to be our plant:):pass:
thanks man - I have to say she is a knock out.
Two pheno's both impressively sugar coated = one was dried over 14 days or so and trimmed clean and sitting in Grove bags. She is mighty strong - two doobies at bed time and a good nights kip is almost a certainty.
The other has a fruitier flavour profile, but still very kushy. Cant wait to make some Rosin :worship:

Thanks again!
Z

Today is too warm to run another load of bubble which is a shame as I ordered my new bags and everything.

Anyway, as a result of thaty plus the fact I hate doing nothing, I thought I would utilise 100 grams of fresh frozen bud and trim in making some RSO in my slow cooker. I am not a fan of smoking this stuff to be honest...you may ask why the devil am I making it then?!

Basically, I make the oil, fill the syringes then I make balms and ointments. initially I only used CBD, now I use everything, including good quality starting material.

Anyway - here we go.
required bits:
Silicone spatula
Dab scraper (or something to scrape with)
Coffee Filters, paper
Some jars
The best ISO you can find (dont skimp here or you will end up with smeggy chemically crap that will no doubt end up in your body)
Something to store in once processed - here I am using syringes.
83B07CE0-AC9F-4DE9-BA54-94976CE72E26_1_201_a.jpeg

Full the big jar with good starting product, then cover in ISO, shake and let sit for 5 minutes, I find much more and it gets too green (chlorophylly)

Pour that through the coffee filter in to a holding jar.
DECAF359-75B9-472B-A6D8-FE73EFDD7B5E.jpeg

If there are any crystals clinging on for dear life, another quick wash with a small amount of ISO should get the last of it.
D08B4CB4-BF43-43E9-AEC6-679C2FAE3D27.jpeg

dont agitate the filter, just wait.

In the meantime heat up the slow cooker or rice cooker - for me this is where the decarb happens you may have noticed I don't do it before soaking. Personally I have found no difference if done before or after other than flavour, which tends to be nicer if decarb is done now.

Pour the captured liquid in the slow cooker and then wait, close to teh end put the cooker on a slant in order to make life easy for yourself when collecting the final product.
229154E8-7084-441B-9E10-B6CF5DD3ECBB.jpeg
3A391FB3-663C-48C3-B5D5-8FB1BD1B62AF.jpeg
A83A86D5-055D-41BB-96DE-8825FE48AD39.jpeg

The reason I use the slow cooker is that it does not get as hot as the rice cooker, so you have time - whilst the evaporation is taking place, keep a fan running and windows open at all times.

Once the bubbling is totally over, you can start to collect the oil.
5FDA668F-9796-4347-9109-FEBAD86CBFD7.jpeg

About 17ml there of gooey loveliness

Nice golden colour is what you are after.
8BCFCA24-1F8C-45A2-BF11-67CAD28D11DA.jpeg

The remains adorn the compost
EA14FD9D-526B-4E81-8271-D6E338473A8E.jpeg

Have a splendid day one and all

Ta ta for now
Z

Today is too warm to run another load of bubble which is a shame as I ordered my new bags and everything.

Anyway, as a result of thaty plus the fact I hate doing nothing, I thought I would utilise 100 grams of fresh frozen bud and trim in making some RSO in my slow cooker. I am not a fan of smoking this stuff to be honest...you may ask why the devil am I making it then?!

Basically, I make the oil, fill the syringes then I make balms and ointments. initially I only used CBD, now I use everything, including good quality starting material.

Anyway - here we go.
required bits:
Silicone spatula
Dab scraper (or something to scrape with)
Coffee Filters, paper
Some jars
The best ISO you can find (dont skimp here or you will end up with smeggy chemically crap that will no doubt end up in your body)
Something to store in once processed - here I am using syringes. View attachment 1458677

Full the big jar with good starting product, then cover in ISO, shake and let sit for 5 minutes, I find much more and it gets too green (chlorophylly)

Pour that through the coffee filter in to a holding jar.
View attachment 1458682

If there are any crystals clinging on for dear life, another quick wash with a small amount of ISO should get the last of it.
View attachment 1458681

dont agitate the filter, just wait.

In the meantime heat up the slow cooker or rice cooker - for me this is where the decarb happens you may have noticed I don't do it before soaking. Personally I have found no difference if done before or after other than flavour, which tends to be nicer if decarb is done now.

Pour the captured liquid in the slow cooker and then wait, close to teh end put the cooker on a slant in order to make life easy for yourself when collecting the final product.
View attachment 1458684View attachment 1458685View attachment 1458686

The reason I use the slow cooker is that it does not get as hot as the rice cooker, so you have time - whilst the evaporation is taking place, keep a fan running and windows open at all times.

Once the bubbling is totally over, you can start to collect the oil.
View attachment 1458687
About 17ml there of gooey loveliness

Nice golden colour is what you are after.
View attachment 1458688

The remains adorn the compost
View attachment 1458683

Have a splendid day one and all

Ta ta for now
Z
Looks delicious! A few months ago I started doing something similar with a cheap double-boiler from Walmart. I was surprised how much easy it is but it's hard to smoke. I find eating it very rewarding though. I also rolled buds in it and that works pretty well.

I like the syringe idea though - I'm going to try that next time. It would make it a lot easier to handle.

Finally got around to running some fresh frozen trim through my bubble bags. I intend to decarb then infuse into coconut oil, which I’ve only ever done with flower before. Trying to lessen the cannabis flavor in some gummies for my wife thought some hash might do the trick as all the ones at the dispensary seem to use extracts(not bubble hash though).
question: do I have to dry this hash before decarbing and infusing or am I set to run it?
4FCBDF90-441B-43B9-9D11-5BD4E36CA0DE.jpeg

Finally got around to running some fresh frozen trim through my bubble bags. I intend to decarb then infuse into coconut oil, which I’ve only ever done with flower before. Trying to lessen the cannabis flavor in some gummies for my wife thought some hash might do the trick as all the ones at the dispensary seem to use extracts(not bubble hash though).
question: do I have to dry this hash before decarbing and infusing or am I set to run it?
View attachment 1459410
Looks lovely

my choice would be to let it dry, and to make sure I would do the de carb at a lower temp - no science on my pet only that the crystals maybe more volatile as standalone and not past of larger plant material

Back