Extraction Hash. Tips, pics and whatever.

Different strains made the uneven color.
Taste and smoke amazing!
20220313_163320.jpg

Looks like what I want. I am just pressing 2 gram pellets. I press it in a manual tube press, screw her down, then heat at 170 in the oven for 15 minutes. I get the right look on the outside but what I want is the hand-rolled look or learn how to when I get some quantity. These pics are awesome.

I wonder how man pounds of dry ice I'm gonna need to run all of this?
One gallon freezer bags with two of them REALLY packed....not me.
As soon as my friend's 37 micron bags come in, we'll at least do one strain and squish it after it dries a little.
I'm sure we'll squish more of the haul, but I'm also gonna teach her what I'm doing. We are gonna make some temple balls too, but like the squishing, I want to do that on the same day.

Question: I do the first shake with all the bowls and then take the top bowl and shake on to a big smooth bottom black tray I found at Wall world until I see a slight color change. I collect the bowls and set it a safe place while getting read for another run. I have three of the trays, so I let it sit as shaken while doing other runs.
I want to make temple balls and squish the day of the shake on two different days. How long do I need to wait or what do I need to wait or what to look for to be able to use the hot bottle method to make temple balls?
The first time I made temple balls, I had no problem in getting the hash worked into a ball. The last time I tried, I just couldn't get the material to stick together and get it to the 'Play-Doh' pliable stage. I tried with Kirkland parchment and turkey bag material. I gave up and squished it. I want to avoid that again!

img_20220417_195108993_hdr-jpg.1446577
img_20220417_195323145_hdr-jpg.1446578

The last time I tried, I just couldn't get the material to stick together and get it to the 'Play-Doh' pliable stage.
To get my last batch to stick I had to “sous vide” the crumble by putting it in parchment, placing that in a plastic bag, and submerging it in hot water(I did mine in some spare coffee hot from the pot). I’m sure there is a scientific reason not to do this like excess heat or something but it worked for me on the fly

To get my last batch to stick I had to “sous vide” the crumble by putting it in parchment, placing that in a plastic bag, and submerging it in hot water(I did mine in some spare coffee hot from the pot). I’m sure there is a scientific reason not to do this like excess heat or something but it worked for me on the fly
Interesting.

As soon as my friend's 37 micron bags come in, we'll at least do one strain and squish it after it dries a little.
I'm sure we'll squish more of the haul, but I'm also gonna teach her what I'm doing. We are gonna make some temple balls too, but like the squishing, I want to do that on the same day.

Question: I do the first shake with all the bowls and then take the top bowl and shake on to a big smooth bottom black tray I found at Wall world until I see a slight color change. I collect the bowls and set it a safe place while getting read for another run. I have three of the trays, so I let it sit as shaken while doing other runs.
I want to make temple balls and squish the day of the shake on two different days. How long do I need to wait or what do I need to wait or what to look for to be able to use the hot bottle method to make temple balls?
The first time I made temple balls, I had no problem in getting the hash worked into a ball. The last time I tried, I just couldn't get the material to stick together and get it to the 'Play-Doh' pliable stage. I tried with Kirkland parchment and turkey bag material. I gave up and squished it. I want to avoid that again!

You don't dry it out after sifting fresh frozen? When I made it, it was soaking wet after it defrosted

You don't dry it out after sifting fresh frozen? When I made it, it was soaking wet after it defrosted
Done with Bubble Bowls....I should have stated that.
Not ice water hash, dry ice. If yours was soaking wet using dry ice, your humidity and temps must have been relatively high.
The stuff on the big trays should dry and come up to room temp fairly quickly.

The material I tried to work was a couple of days old and shouldn't have been 'wet'. Best I remember, when I made the temple balls successful, it was the same day.

Dry ice hash doesn't get as dry as dry sift does it?

Do it like Frenchy. Use a 2L glas bottle and fill with boiling water. Then put sift between two pieces of cellophane wrap and roll with the bottle until flat.
Here's a clip how he does it...

Do it like Frenchy. Use a 2L glas bottle and fill with boiling water. Then put sift between two pieces of cellophane wrap and roll with the bottle until flat.
Here's a clip how he does it...

Yeah, That's the way I've done it. I had two bottles, one in use and one sitting in simmering water in a pot. I don't know why that last time didn't work. I even had a hot plate of marble to work the material.

Yeah, That's the way I've done it. I had two bottles, one in use and one sitting in simmering water in a pot. I don't know why that last time didn't work. I even had a hot plate of marble to work the material.
Might need someone more qualified to ask about the problem rolling it out. If you are on IG reach out to thedankduchess or cherryblossom_belle. Maybe they will hit you back. They do workshops so I am sure they get pested plenty!

Back