Lighting GROWNORTHERN The Manual.

Not moaning at all Tangster, just debating. To each his own. As you know already, I would gladly pay an arm for silent operating fans, while others think thats ridiculous. I have absolutely no doubt the upgrades are totally worth it, but to upgrade say my 2x Ms06, I could effectively buy 4x extra new Ms06's and increase total PAR and Photon Flux into the stratosphere.

On the other hand, if you have a small space and can only fit one light, I would would go all Rebel without much thought and massively increase gram per m2, and also gram per watt no doubt...

but taking into account overhead price vs leccy... wow, that is tough math right there - I wonder how 4x Ms006 vs 1 Rebel would compare in a fair weighed trial

Blue the cable you need is something like push bike brake cable inner
and the connectors on mine are electrical block connectors with out plastic cover
and i use chains to hang it from the roof of my cab
atb nudd

Cheers Nudd, I've got chains and hooks from the iron mongers that I'm pretty certain will do the job very securly, but GN are kindly sending over some wire hangers too.
Lovely bunch they are ^_^

Not moaning at all Tangster, just debating. To each his own. As you know already, I would gladly pay an arm for silent operating fans, while others think thats ridiculous. I have absolutely no doubt the upgrades are totally worth it, but to upgrade say my 2x Ms06, I could effectively buy 4x extra new Ms06's and increase total PAR and Photon Flux into the stratosphere.

On the other hand, if you have a small space and can only fit one light, I would would go all Rebel without much thought and massively increase gram per m2, and also gram per watt no doubt...

but taking into account overhead price vs leccy... wow, that is tough math right there - I wonder how 4x Ms006 vs 1 Rebel would compare in a fair weighed trial

I just did a little math. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Local electricity prices averages at 0.18 Euro / kWh.

1 MS0006 at 20/4 would consume 0.180*20=3.6kWh a day (according to GN's website MS0006 consume about 180 Watts)
To grow 1 hell of a plant (say AutoX) under 2 MS0006s I would use 3.6*2*77=554.4 kWh or 554.4*0.18=99.792 Euro in electricity cost.
Let's assume I grow like an idiot and only reach 1/2 of what Tang did in his preview grow, so 150 grams. That's 1200-1500 Euro if bought from a dealer locally.
Now if i do an upgrade I will only save like 50 euros to grow same amount of weed. That's a max 5 gramm loss in street prices.
Most of us have limited space so we can't put more plants under upgraded lights.
That being said, can anybody please explain to me why do we need to upgrade? This would be just plain nonsence in limited space and this cheap energy.

:peace::peace::peace:

P.S.: to pay off the upgrade of 2 MS0006s I will need to grow perpetually for 61 months =) (GBP/EUR=1.18, upgrade cost 1200 pounds, 50/77*30=19.48 euros saved monthly).

Last edited:
. I cant right now but I'll post later. Its not wrong math... but I think your reasoning is a little off

I think when you compare the price of the Rebels against the standard MS you do see a big hike but your getting some of the best available tech in the world to grow weed under plus if you compare the price to some of the lights sold from over the pond it doesn't seem that much at all. One thing to also bare In mind is this is just a exercise for GN where there making the tech they use in the bio manufacturing designs available to us customers,there are new units in development and I'm positive they will be reasonably priced. Another thing is you don't have to upgrade the whole light just doing 2 on a MS0006 would make a big difference.

Bit of a world exclusive....here are some pics of the Rebels I've been using prototype style lol there is no front plate on them and it doesn't have the thermal interface material on you will get.

ry3aruge.jpg
jarareqe.jpg
ujy6ydug.jpg

I just did a little math. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Local electricity prices averages at 0.18 Euro / kWh.

1 MS0006 at 20/4 would consume 0.180*20=3.6kWh a day (according to GN's website MS0006 consume about 180 Watts)
To grow 1 hell of a plant (say AutoX) under 2 MS0006s I would use 3.6*2*77=554.4 kWh or 554.4*0.18=99.792 Euro in electricity cost.
Let's assume I grow like an idiot and only reach 1/2 of what Tang did in his preview grow, so 150 grams. That's 1200-1500 Euro if bought from a dealer locally.
Now if i do an upgrade I will only save like 50 euros to grow same amount of weed. That's a max 5 gramm loss in street prices.
Most of us have limited space so we can't put more plants under upgraded lights.
That being said, can anybody please explain to me why do we need to upgrade? This would be just plain nonsence in limited space and this cheap energy.

:peace::peace::peace:

P.S.: to pay off the upgrade of 2 MS0006s I will need to grow perpetually for 61 months =) (GBP/EUR=1.18, upgrade cost 1200 pounds, 50/77*30=19.48 euros saved monthly).

If I get the same yield of 1 upgraded MS0006 than I do off 2 MS0006 than I'm using half the energy for every grow in the future so of course using a Rebel will be cheaper in the long run or am I missing something here????

I think when you compare the price of the Rebels against the standard MS you do see a big hike but your getting some of the best available tech in the world to grow weed under plus if you compare the price to some of the lights sold from over the pond it doesn't seem that much at all. One thing to also bare In mind is this is just a exercise for GN where there making the tech they use in the bio manufacturing designs available to us customers,there are new units in development and I'm positive they will be reasonably priced. Another thing is you don't have to upgrade the whole light just doing 2 on a MS0006 would make a big difference.

Bit of a world exclusive....here are some pics of the Rebels I've been using prototype style lol there is no front plate on them and it doesn't have the thermal interface material on you will get.

ry3aruge.jpg
jarareqe.jpg
ujy6ydug.jpg

wooooohooooo new shiny disco lights Hop digity Hop digity can anyone tell i cant wait lol im looking at doing my MS004 in pairs and upgrading from a cupboard to a tent lol its like christmas has come early

If I get the same yield of 1 upgraded MS0006 than I do off 2 MS0006 than I'm using half the energy for every grow in the future so of course using a Rebel will be cheaper in the long run or am I missing something here????

Exactly my point. The only reason I can think of is light coverage. That and the law of diminishing returns. The Rebel is VERY interesting

Back