Lighting GROWNORTHERN The Manual.

[video=youtube;gOotx0bQGqA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOotx0bQGqA[/video] you got a good one!

Hi guys - sorry if i missed this in the thread somewhere, but what is the best way to hang these lights.

I'm thinking of getting 2 x 2m chains to hang from the ceiling, "S" hooks for the bottom.

Now attaching the light to the chains, i was thinking of threading a flat chain through the 2 left holes (looking at it landscape) with a "U" hook and bolt which will secure it in a loop (same for the right hand side)

and then hanging the loop on the "S" hooks at the bottom of the chain

Any ideas or better suggestions would be welcome. ^_^

I use "Rope Ratchet". It's pretty robust and simple to use.

Hi guys - sorry if i missed this in the thread somewhere, but what is the best way to hang these lights.

I'm thinking of getting 2 x 2m chains to hang from the ceiling, "S" hooks for the bottom.

Now attaching the light to the chains, i was thinking of threading a flat chain through the 2 left holes (looking at it landscape) with a "U" hook and bolt which will secure it in a loop (same for the right hand side)

and then hanging the loop on the "S" hooks at the bottom of the chain

Any ideas or better suggestions would be welcome. ^_^

I use chains Blue for peace of mind,you should have some thin steel cables and hook with the light...they attach to the light then that to the chain.

Chains here too. About half inch links I think, with hooks screwed into the roof of my cab.

I use chains Blue for peace of mind,you should have some thin steel cables and hook with the light...they attach to the light then that to the chain.

Cheers guys - I'm set on chains to hang from the roof. I didn't get any steel cables or hooks with the light, but really need to sort it today - my garden wire is giving me the fear (although i'm pretty sure it secure enough for temporary use)

I can get some steel wire - i was looking at Stone's ms0006, just wondering what that connection is that holds together the steel wire in a loop! I'll ask at the iron mongers :)

As for Rebels upgrades, they are going to be 100 GBP per module which makes it crazy 1200 pounds for my 2 MS0006s :shrug:

Whaaat !? Per module? I'm still out on what this upgrade actually is, but for 600GBP I would hope for something truly exceptional. I´m still digesting this info, but boy do I trust GN...

Here is some info about the Rebels and the cost GN posted in another thread

"The Rebel upgrades are in the final stage before release where we are preparing the data sheet for the website. They have been delayed for a long time because of the amount of testing that needed to be conducted before we were totally satisfied that the extra efficiency the Rebels offer could be utilized for the application with the correct spectrum ratio and optical delivery. Along the way we have learnt a great deal of useful information which has given us an incite into how the next generation of ballasts from GN will be designed. Initially the Rebel upgrades from release will be available to current GN customers looking to upgrade their existing unit. Talks into a unit with the upgrades pre-built in are currently ongoing. In regards to the spectrum and ratio we wont be releasing that information as of yet because this will offer the time and testing we have put into this project to anyone to easily replicate. However I'm happy to tell you we are using the Rebel parts with the highest radiometric efficiency in the 460m and 660nm direct colour arrays. Again we are also using the highest lumen efficiency Rebels in the required white wavelengths. The IR is not a Luxeon Rebel nor is it made by Phillips and details of the white and IR wavelengths and ratios will be released when the product is available from the GN site. The price of the upgrade is going to be the exact end material cost for GN at roughly £100inc VAT per module. The rebel LEDs, Ledil optics, MCPCB+assembly, thermal interface material and holding plate would cost around £160+ at retail prices from distributor such Mouser, FLS etc. This project was initially to allow the choice and a go between the quality we have been building biotech lighting to in the UK and the cost effective tried and tested units we are bringing in from China. The Rebels boast over 100% higher radiometric output per watt than say our latest Epiled MCPCB that is in a unit you can buy today and again we are seeing amazing differences in plant morphology as well as other new attributes. Initially we had no intention of it being a product we would sell in big quantities or pre-built into modular ballasts because of the pricing and the pricing monopoly on the top quality LED parts. However if the quantity we can produce and sell dramatically increased I think this would be a fantastic offering with the cost effective metalwork from China and the quality components assembled in the EU. Tangs release grow and more product info will be available in October and we will keep the AFN afloat of any developments." https://www.autoflower.org/f109/gn-rebel-serie-25602.html

Here is 2 Auto White Widows I've grown under 1 upgraded MS0006 running at 178w at grow room temp.

y8usury8.jpg

Hopefully this will clear a few things up and stop PP from moaning about the price lol.

Last edited:
Back