New Grower Growing while in extreme pain - My Journey so far

:biggrin:Hey @MissUniverse don't worry about being a new kid. We all were at one time. Lots of friendly helpful folks here at AFN. The best advice I can offer a new grow is try not to sweat the small stuff. My first grow, I worried about anything and everything. You'll drive yourself crazy doing that. Try to keep your first grow as simple as possible and try not to over think things. Learn from your mistakes. You will make some, we all did (I still do lol). Try not to get discouraged.

Since your grow space is a bit height challenged, I would recommend just about any of the Mephiso auto strains. Relatively short, easy to grow with good bud to leaf ratios (not to mention killer smoke). I'm sure Mephisto Mitch would be happy to recommend something from his bag of tricks for your particular situation. Deep Blue C and Sour Hound were his recommendations for my wife's ailments.

With @pop22 and @912GreenSkell, you've already got two angels on your shoulder so you should do just fine. Good luck and good grow karma to you.:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Search FDs guide to growing hefty autos. ...it's by a user here named fullduplex one page 2 is a while FF schedule to follow from start to finish. He is by fast more expended than I am bit I pulled over 100 grams dry per plant with FF. Got a good idea how to use it now so feel free to ask away if you have questions. Full duplex may not b as easy to get in touch with as I am....FF is very strong stuff but I can give ua guide if needed. Definitely need a PH pen with them because they run hot
Search FDs guide to growing hefty autos. ...it's by a user here named fullduplex one page 2 is a while FF schedule to follow from start to finish. He is by fast more expended than I am bit I pulled over 100 grams dry per plant with FF. Got a good idea how to use it now so feel free to ask away if you have questions. Full duplex may not b as easy to get in touch with as I am....FF is very strong stuff but I can give ua guide if needed. Definitely need a PH pen with them because they run hot
Thank you! I have a ph pen on the way

I agree, start no more than 1/4 strength. Don't start feeding for at least two weeks, as your starting in organic potting soil, they have plenty of nutrients to get started with.
Glad to know I have a few weeks to get started before i need to feed it :)

:biggrin:Hey @MissUniverse don't worry about being a new kid. We all were at one time. Lots of friendly helpful folks here at AFN. The best advice I can offer a new grow is try not to sweat the small stuff. My first grow, I worried about anything and everything. You'll drive yourself crazy doing that. Try to keep your first grow as simple as possible and try not to over think things. Learn from your mistakes. You will make some, we all did (I still do lol). Try not to get discouraged.

Since your grow space is a bit height challenged, I would recommend just about any of the Mephiso auto strains. Relatively short, easy to grow with good bud to leaf ratios (not to mention killer smoke). I'm sure Mephisto Mitch would be happy to recommend something from his bag of tricks for your particular situation. Deep Blue C and Sour Hound were his recommendations for my wife's ailments.

With @pop22 and @912GreenSkell, you've already got two angels on your shoulder so you should do just fine. Good luck and good grow karma to you.:biggrin:
I'll have to check out mep[hiso auto strains soon, I just ordered some that looked interesting before doing a through investigation, so im expecting either a good grow or a bad one. agreed @pop22 and @912GreenSkell are great members and I have two great people looking over me.

As long as I can pull even one eight out of a plant i'll call it a success story :)

I'm glad we were all the new kid on the block once, makes it easier to understand what everyone is going through.

I'll have to check out mep[hiso auto strains soon, I just ordered some that looked interesting before doing a through investigation, so im expecting either a good grow or a bad one. agreed @pop22 and @912GreenSkell are great members and I have two great people looking over me.

As long as I can pull even one eight out of a plant i'll call it a success story :)

I'm glad we were all the new kid on the block once, makes it easier to understand what everyone is going through.

Here's a post a copied from one of our own @FullDuplex I would like to give him full credit for what follows as it was not my own work, just passing info..... Fox Farm Feed Schedule

I have seen a few questions on this as well as had a few directly asked to me about these products. Since there was a demand on the knowledge i figured i would share what i use and how much and when.

Currently i am using my own teas, BUT i still have the FF on standby. When it comes to FF products you have to know one thing these are not organic, but they do have organic compounds in them. You have to be careful with the use of them as they WILL burn the piss out of your plants. With that said lets get into the meat and potatoes of this.

Right now Fox Farms sells a wide variety of cannc friendly ferts, soils, and mixes that suit any need of the grower. It leaves you with several questions as to what to use, how much and when. i hope to simplify this for you after you read this info. i have tried a few of their products other than the FF trio but i have to say hands down that if used right as well as routinely fed your plants will get huge. There is Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom that form the main trio, they offer it in both soil and hydro applications. So they cover both sides of the spectrum here. So you hydro guys are not left out of this as the levels i use for the soil are THE same as i used for Hydro back in the day. Im sure that i could have pushed it a little further in the hydro setup.

Most autos do not need fed until they sex, most of them make it to this point before they ever need any type of feeding other than the pH water. Usually you see the need for feed at or around 2 weeks of life. You will see the Cotyledons begin to yellow and this is usually the first sign for food. At this point most begin to add nutes to their feedings to heal the plant as well as make it grow. I how ever push them a little bit when it comes to the FF stuff. I have grown out several autos and have learned from them what they like and when they like it and most important can handle it.

As you grow out your own autos you will see that they need a specific treatment from one strain to the next, even one pheno to the next. As we know autos are not real stable at this time but are getting close to it. I see this happening in the near future though.

So if you would like to super charge your autos this is what I do. But remember that this is my feed schedule to my conditions as well as soil amendments. SO if you know you have a hot soil ease up on the mix to make sure you dont burn and if your soil is plain compo you can get a little brave but less is more here.

The back of most of the FF bottles say 2teaspoons for regular feed and 3 for heavy feeding. I never use the 3teaspoon regimen. 2tsp is ideal for a 1/4 part break down.

Week
1 pH water only

1.5 add in Big Bloom to the mix at 1/2 tea spoon

2 1/2tsp Grow Big 1/2 tsp Big Bloom

2.5 3/4 tsp of grow big

3 1tsp grow big and 1/2 Tiger bloom 1/2 tea spoon Big Bloom

3.5 1/2 tsp Grow Big 1/2tsp Tiger bloom

4 1tsp Tiger bloom 1/2 tsp Grow Big

4.5 Clean pH'ed water to clear out salt build up

5 2tsp tiger bloom 1/2 grow big

5.5 1 Teaspoon Grow Big

6 Begin Flush for the final weeks. At this point i can flush for a week before i begin to see yellowing of the fans.

I like to leave enough time to get all the salts out of there before the harvest. This stuff WILL salt up on you and cause build up and lock out.

I how the above post helps some as it was here the whole time and I just winged it on my grow last time to b honest, didn't find it until recently. U can check out the grow in my signature. My first ever grow. Any more questions feel free to fire away as I would love to help you as so many helped me when I first started. Pay it forward. ...best of luck with everything!

I would also recommend checking into the soluble trio that is made for the flowering stage, cha-ching beastie bloomz and open sesame they are called.semi expensive but you use very very little so it will last quite a long time. ...specially with autos taking no more than half strength usually.

I knew calling you in on the FF info would help out...thanks discretepete2676!

Very well put duckster! Growing is supposed to be a fun, non stressful thing. Certainly learn from your mistakes, but don't be hard on yourself when shite happens. More often than not, plants by rookies are more prone to killing them with kindness, than killing them with neglect. An over eager approach can often lead to overwatering, and over fertilizing which are probably the 2 most common mistakes by new growers, especially for the somewhat finicky auto's.

Thank you! I have a ph pen on the way

I agree, start no more than 1/4 strength. Don't start feeding for at least two weeks, as your starting in organic potting soil, they have plenty of nutrients to get started with.
Glad to know I have a few weeks to get started before i need to feed it :)

Here's a post a copied from one of our own @FullDuplex I would like to give him full credit for what follows as it was not my own work, just passing info..... Fox Farm Feed Schedule

I have seen a few questions on this as well as had a few directly asked to me about these products. Since there was a demand on the knowledge i figured i would share what i use and how much and when.

Currently i am using my own teas, BUT i still have the FF on standby. When it comes to FF products you have to know one thing these are not organic, but they do have organic compounds in them. You have to be careful with the use of them as they WILL burn the piss out of your plants. With that said lets get into the meat and potatoes of this.

Right now Fox Farms sells a wide variety of cannc friendly ferts, soils, and mixes that suit any need of the grower. It leaves you with several questions as to what to use, how much and when. i hope to simplify this for you after you read this info. i have tried a few of their products other than the FF trio but i have to say hands down that if used right as well as routinely fed your plants will get huge. There is Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom that form the main trio, they offer it in both soil and hydro applications. So they cover both sides of the spectrum here. So you hydro guys are not left out of this as the levels i use for the soil are THE same as i used for Hydro back in the day. Im sure that i could have pushed it a little further in the hydro setup.

Most autos do not need fed until they sex, most of them make it to this point before they ever need any type of feeding other than the pH water. Usually you see the need for feed at or around 2 weeks of life. You will see the Cotyledons begin to yellow and this is usually the first sign for food. At this point most begin to add nutes to their feedings to heal the plant as well as make it grow. I how ever push them a little bit when it comes to the FF stuff. I have grown out several autos and have learned from them what they like and when they like it and most important can handle it.

As you grow out your own autos you will see that they need a specific treatment from one strain to the next, even one pheno to the next. As we know autos are not real stable at this time but are getting close to it. I see this happening in the near future though.

So if you would like to super charge your autos this is what I do. But remember that this is my feed schedule to my conditions as well as soil amendments. SO if you know you have a hot soil ease up on the mix to make sure you dont burn and if your soil is plain compo you can get a little brave but less is more here.

The back of most of the FF bottles say 2teaspoons for regular feed and 3 for heavy feeding. I never use the 3teaspoon regimen. 2tsp is ideal for a 1/4 part break down.

Week
1 pH water only

1.5 add in Big Bloom to the mix at 1/2 tea spoon

2 1/2tsp Grow Big 1/2 tsp Big Bloom

2.5 3/4 tsp of grow big

3 1tsp grow big and 1/2 Tiger bloom 1/2 tea spoon Big Bloom

3.5 1/2 tsp Grow Big 1/2tsp Tiger bloom

4 1tsp Tiger bloom 1/2 tsp Grow Big

4.5 Clean pH'ed water to clear out salt build up

5 2tsp tiger bloom 1/2 grow big

5.5 1 Teaspoon Grow Big

6 Begin Flush for the final weeks. At this point i can flush for a week before i begin to see yellowing of the fans.

I like to leave enough time to get all the salts out of there before the harvest. This stuff WILL salt up on you and cause build up and lock out.
Omg thank you so much! you, @Discretepete2676 , and @FullDuplex are lifesavers!

I how the above post helps some as it was here the whole time and I just winged it on my grow last time to b honest, didn't find it until recently. U can check out the grow in my signature. My first ever grow. Any more questions feel free to fire away as I would love to help you as so many helped me when I first started. Pay it forward. ...best of luck with everything!
I really should have UTSE, but with the rest of us, sometimes i need to be held by the hand :) I'm going to check out your grow shortly! :) Buit im on stoner time so shortly means an hour from now at least. :)

I would also recommend checking into the soluble trio that is made for the flowering stage, cha-ching beastie bloomz and open sesame they are called.semi expensive but you use very very little so it will last quite a long time. ...specially with autos taking no more than half strength usually.
I know it sounds like over spending, but if i can just guy it once and not have to buy again, I'm happy. I hate going in to sketch dispensaries anymore. Don't get me wrong, they are great guys, but still im sketched running through an area with all barred windows.

I knew calling you in on the FF info would help out...thanks discretepete2676!

Very well put duckster! Growing is supposed to be a fun, non stressful thing. Certainly learn from your mistakes, but don't be hard on yourself when shite happens. More often than not, plants by rookies are more prone to killing them with kindness, than killing them with neglect. An over eager approach can often lead to overwatering, and over fertilizing which are probably the 2 most common mistakes by new growers, especially for the somewhat finicky auto's.
You definitely called it!

Defintiely will learn from my mistakes, i actually have yet to water it, i put about 3 sprinkles of water on an area tht was dry, but I also changed my light cycled. I did 12/12 but now im 20/4 and the one baby popped up just from the light change i think, and the other one, I think I can see it beginning to sprout. So I have viable sprouting seeds.

I actually plan on doing very little to my plants but post about them here and do low maintainance care. I'm gonna let it get bushy as ive heard differing stories on lollipopping autos.
Any suggestions on lolipopping @pop22 or @912GreenSkell ?

This will be a great test of gorilla seedbank's quanity too as I used them for my seeds :)

Back