Old Reviews Grow tent set feedback - HPS 250W or Viparspectra V600

Harukisan

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hello growers, I am thinking about starting an indoor grow for the first time and I feel quite overwhelmed. I have been reading a lot about it but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.
My local growshop offers some complete grow tent set and I'd like to get some feedback regarding this "basic 250W HPS Set".

Here are the components:

LINK

- Mammoth Classic 60 - 60x60x140cm tent
- Ballast Horti gear compact 250W

- Digital Timer Hutermann
- Light Sunkraft 250 W Dual Spectrum HPS
- HAMMER V 50x40cm
- PROhanger XL
- Cable 3x1,5mm, longueur 2m to plug ballast to timer
- Cable 2m - CYSY 3x2,5mm
- RAM Silent ø100mm 165/200 m3 / h
- Carbon Filter Prima Klima ECO K2600mini - 240 m3 / h - 100mm
- Aluflex 100mm

This set would cost roughly 280 US dollars. How is the price point for what I would get?

I was thinking about getting the tent without the light,and order a quantum board from Alibaba. What would I change if I do that? No ballast needed, right? What else?

Another option would be with the Viparspectra V600 LED, a bit more expensive, about 600 US dollars. Would that be worth the price?

LINK

Components Basic 300W LED set:

- Mammoth Pro 120L 120x60x160cm tent
- Viparspectra V600 LED Reflector

- Hutermann Digital timer, 16A
- 3x ProHanger XL
- Fan TT 125 U, 280 m3 / heure
- Carbon Filter Prima Klima ECO K2600 - 360 m3 / h - 125 mm
- Cable 3 * 1,5 mm
- 2 meters Aluflex, diamètre 125mm
- Monkey Fan 21cm, 20W

Please help out a lost grower!
Any comment is much appreciated.

Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Any help at all would be very welcome, I’m desperate for advice

Hey bud, I dont know much about hps lights but if you're in the US I would recommend AFN member @BigSm0. He has a section
In lighting with his autocobs. Autocobs are awesome lights with many, many grows documented on AFN. If you're outside shipping may be to much. Virparspectra seems to be of lesser quality to me, but I have seen others use them. I love autocobs vary versatile and fairly priced. Checkout the cobshop in the lighting section. Stay lifted.

Hey bud, I dont know much about hps lights but if you're in the US I would recommend AFN member @BigSm0. He has a section
In lighting with his autocobs. Autocobs are awesome lights with many, many grows documented on AFN. If you're outside shipping may be to much. Virparspectra seems to be of lesser quality to me, but I have seen others use them. I love autocobs vary versatile and fairly priced. Checkout the cobshop in the lighting section. Stay lifted.

I am not in the US, but I'll look into the autocobs option. Thanks!

@MarshydroTina may be able to offer you a good solution at a good price

@Harukisan The first thing I would suggest is to get the biggest tallest tent your wife will allow :rofl:. I made the mistake of starting out too small and had to buy lots of stuff twice and that does not save money. Even if you cannot afford all of the lights to fill it that is ok. You can always add lights as you grow. Over-buy the exhaust system and get one with variable speed built-in. LED lights will save money in electrical use. Depending on your budget it is better to buy one good light vs several cheap ones. Do your homework here because it matters the most in yield and quality. I am running 2 Chilled's GrowCraft
500 watt fixtures in a 4'x6'x8' space. You can get similar or DIY for much less money Mars Hydro SP-3000 is kinda similar.

I am not in the US, but I'll look into the autocobs option. Thanks!
the autocobs are indeed awesome, I have 3 of them. Sadly the shipping cost and exchange rate to get it here in Canada make them pretty pricy. Mars have hiked their prices so high due to "covid" that you are indeed better off going with a alibabba deal. Just make sure you get a board with the Samsung lm301 diodes and a meanwell driver. The viperspectra work, I started off with them, but they are not really that great.

Back