New Grower Complete first time grower. 20 days in. Advice/comments & help welcome on my setup and grow.

DAY 70 - SINCE SPROUT

First of all I apologise for not updating the diary in a little while. Been real busy in RL.

I have stopped all nutes to the 6 AutoXtremes and have been only watering with clean water for the past 6 days or so. So its pretty much chop time for 3 of the smaller AutoXtremes. They are looking pretty much ready all the hairs are turning brown and I'm not seeing any new growth or weight being added on. I will give them 2 big flushes in the bath with 15L of water each and then leave them for 2-3 days until I chop them down.

The 3 other larger AutoXtremes need a little more time I think. Still lots of white pistil hairs on the bud and the buds are still feeling slightly airy so I think another 7-10 days and they will be pretty much done. I have had to support 2 of them with wire inside the tent because they were bending over from bud weight and almost harvested themselves.

Pics (from 3 days ago)

yDvSQLUl.jpg
zD1vogal.jpg
vn4YpSNl.jpg
pAunFlal.jpg
rJsT66kl.jpg
H9OoJMMl.jpg
lfaRs2Xl.jpg
EgJu4Qal.jpg
TkBVvrYl.jpg
paep9xUl.jpg
f6wyf70l.jpg
r9fQm62l.jpg
qrhLfGDl.jpg
BiEAVxzl.jpg

After looking at the pics what do you guys think about my estimated harvest times? I will be seriously kicking myself if I take them down to early/late.

I'd wait for a few more leaves and pistils to turn, speaking of, it's time to clean up the dead ones :) after yellowed and when they start curling up, the plant is done with em and gotta clean em out to the trash can. Just because it creates a risk of mold and/or pests :) Looking great though!! Almost there :)

Agreed!! You may have a couple more weeks to go, but I promise you that so long as you keep doing what you're doing and don't do anything drastic, you're going to see those buds swell even more!!!!! Some of the top buds/colas may be ready to harvest and if you could do a staggered harvest, you'd get the most optimum and consistent quality across the board, not to mention you'd have bud drying and curing at different intervals, giving you a sort of variety with flavor and high while it's in the jar..

Regardless of all of that, your plants look fantastic!!!!!

I'd wait for a few more leaves and pistils to turn, speaking of, it's time to clean up the dead ones :) after yellowed and when they start curling up, the plant is done with em and gotta clean em out to the trash can. Just because it creates a risk of mold and/or pests :) Looking great though!! Almost there :)

Yea the 3 larger girls probably have at least another 10 days to go before I think about chopping them, they are gonna swell up more. I haven't cleaned up the dead stuff because I was told that the plant still uses them right up until they fall off the plant, consuming the nutes stored in the fan leaves etc. Its probably a bit late now to clean them up but I will keep it under control for my next grow, definitely don't want pest or mould problems. I'm getting a bit nervous now trying to calculate the best time to chop in terms of the quality of the bud and potential yield, I don't want it degrading on me.

DAY 73 - SINCE SPROUT

So as I checked in on the ladies today the 2 smaller plants look ready to go. They have almost no white pistil hairs and the leaves are pretty much done.

So the 2 smallest girls got there final flush today in the bath, I put a good 25L water through both plants to make sure there is no residual nutes left in the medium. They will go back under the lights for 2-3 days until the soil is dried out completely and then I will chop them down. I'm excited :D They are not smelling as much as I expected, but they do have a really nice lemon/citrus scent to them.

nftp6eGl.jpg
3oETsEwl.jpg
fE1rlcwl.jpg
jPgkXVil.jpg
lgxiw4fl.jpg
5VgiOJPl.jpg

Nice buds u got there, looks yummy! A good work made by you .

DAY 76 - FROM SPROUT

Its chopping time!

Took my 2 smallest ladies which I flushed 3 days earlier and chopped them :cool: All I can say is WOW! I had to use 3 pairs of gloves to finish chopping and trimming them, there was so much resin, giving off a soft lime/lemon/citrus smell. Can't wait to see what they smell like after a good 3-4 week cure. The buds are looking amazing, and I trimmed the sugar leaves down really close in the end. Anybody wanna take a guess on the final dry weight of these 2 girls?

Pics:

Lady 1:

UjJHV1El.jpg
jT86eXTl.jpg
kpWlubXl.jpg
RFhcXOvl.jpg

Lady 2:

tTXOT7Dl.jpg
guxpUzpl.jpg
FIArXAFl.jpg
ZX9P1DDl.jpg

This has been a suspenseful journal, I def was on the edge of my seat to know the final result.

How much did you get in dry weight?

Back