Indoor Grow 1.5 : Auto Jack Herer & Biodiesel Mass & Bag Seed Plant

They live!
...and...
My first tent!

...when you are a new grower it's all so dramatic and exciting! (Remember getting your first tent?!)

In one corner of the garage, my new digs ... 32"x32"x63" ... it was ~$60 from ebay, and it's a solid tent.
0eRfL34m.jpg
dEC6avfm.jpg

temps inside right on top of the led w/out ventilation for one hour are good at 76F & 46%.
hpuChHRt.jpg

.... and temps are normal for the babies, too. I didn't put the top on my box last night and they topped out at 84F. I put the bagseed plant outside last night for the dark, and it rained a bit, maybe washing out feeding?
Here, are the babies back on the other side of the closet,
5zX0KNWm.jpg

The auto is 9 days old, looks ok -- you can still still evidence from the heat most on this one.
hkzjXnVm.jpg

The three smaller ones are on day 5, also looking ok. There was a near tragedy as one of the babies got accidentally dumped on it's side. I carefully righted her. Also the tall growing DeLaHaze fell over from watering. I righted her with a little extra dirt on the side. DeLaHaze:
0bZisj3l.jpg

One Afghan:
IA6vFxEl.jpg

... and this is the one that was knocked over:
THIoSi6l.jpg

They were all fed a small amount of 1/2 strength of the mix I made yesterday.

Exciting times! ... got to get some ducting ... and a small fan ... and I still haven't gotten a filter...

Happy Friday!

Last edited:
Is there room in the tent for the seedlings also ?

Yes, there is! ... It's just different light cycles. I can take them out some nights, but some nights not so stealthy. Do you suggested combining when I can?

I'm dealing with the same thing in my grow as far as heat stress and cost. even with the exhaust and filter, the heat would sometimes get to 102F. I grabbed a humidifier to help raise the humidity and lower the temps which it did. The led even raises the temp. I thought about re selling it and just solely using cfls but im going to wait it out and try the led again in flowerng since I adjusted my tent. I originally had the filter and fan on the floor but I have now raised it so hopefully it will draw the heat from the led and out of my tent.

Yes, there is! ... It's just different light cycles. I can take them out some nights, but some nights not so stealthy. Do you suggested combining when I can?

Can you put them in together and put the photo in the dark for 12 hrs a day .... :thumbsup:

@StraightKRACK- good luck. I'm going to try a diy mod with a blower (I think) ... sounds like the right thing to extract from the top.

@Chester- thanks! I will try to re-arrange tomorrow. Too many people around this eve. I already should pot up the small afghans, I can see roots poking through the bottom.

Here are some pics from yesterday. The Auto JH was 11 days old. You can see the split in the top leaves (from heat). I lightly watered all seedlings yesterday, no nutes.
T2vCVzH.jpg

qUK0zrs.jpg

Here is the DeLaHaze, at 1 week old yesterday.
Q26AUX3.jpg

CV2zWyO.jpg

2 Afghans 1 week old:
nPJyBSh.jpg

HccSSI7.jpg

Sorry for such large images, imgur changed stuff around...

They look good ... We all like Big pictures ... :thumbsup:

So, I've gathered the babes into the tent yesterday!

I potted up the two Afghans. Chester, I followed the same technique you suggested for seedlings, 1/2 the soil wet, then watered around the seedling after filling the pots with soil. I received a free smart part when I got the nutes, so one of the Afghans is in it now. The soil I potted into is Happy Frog w 25% perlite, with a couple of handfuls of Coco Loco potting mix, and some of the seed starting mix, and I mixed a light 1/2 dose of EB Stone's Sure Start).

Here is the Auto, one from yesterday and then today-- she is 14 days old today (2 weeks).

DeLaHaze, yesterday and today (now 10 days old). This baby keeps shooting up!

Afghan#1, yesterday and today (now 10 days old).

(temps getting too warm overnight -- ordering fan today)

Afghan#2, yesterday and today (now 10 days old).

Bagseed:

And group shots!:

... the trick will be if the bagseed plant starts to smell again, I'll have to keep it in the tent.

I couldn't find a good blower to mod, and gave up on diy and I finally ordered 4" fan/carbon filter/variable speed controller. I went thrifty ebay again, as I've been getting decent quality/service from selected vendors -- it's cheap -- smartly frugal? -- it's a risk on the filter. Set me back only $91.00 for the set. I also ordered a jewlers loop 60x to see just whatever I'm supposed to see, $3.... and some 4" ducting from HD, $11.00
Running grand total invested on my first grow: $556 ... I guess if I get at least a couple of ounces, it will be break even. The incentive to keep growing is high :) ... I may order just one more of these LEDs. But that's it. I really mean it this time. sorta. ;-) ... I plan to give first 'full strength' Earth Juice feeding tomorrow or next.

Last edited:
Oh, and seeds. Still should order more ... but what strains? ... I'd like to do only autos, I think, but all the freebies w/ my order, well, they are photos and I should grow them if they are going to send me the seeds. What is the best way for a perptual grow to get a couple of ounces every month? Hopefully a 2nd tent is not necessary...

Back