Outdoor Green Ops 2015

hi maffro,

shame your crops got hit by mold..

over here in western europe we also had a bad summer and a lot of outside growers will get hit by it

i guess Zeus and Helius weren't having a good mood this summer :(

hope the smoke you did get still was worth all the effort youv put in though ;)

greets Sin

IMG_20150902_194156675.jpg
I got bugs on some of my buds as well I know how pests can be troublesome. The weather is a real test to grow the best and resist pest. You did a great job helping those ladies grow through those conditions.

Super Cali Haze fell tonight, she didnt go the distance and if i didnt do it id have to wait for 2 weeks and that could have been mouldy so snipety snip shes drying out. Found out too that i didnt tier her either ! she was a half speed mutant and i only kept her on as an emergency back up good job too cos her sister died in the storm that got the autos back in may. So she was grown in a 3 gallon container, she had a little bit of mould and like last time the older calyxes where starting to brown off and its a starter for mould but before she fell we got a little visitor and i managed to get some pics so enjoy.
DSCF1862.JPG

DSCF1857.JPG

DSCF1860.JPG

DSCF1867.JPG

DSCF1866.JPG

DSCF1865.JPG

Lickin up some trichromes mmmmmmmm

Re the Bee Pic.... or 'landed for a look and just got stuck there' - honest babe I got plantlocked, will have to explain it to the queen bee later after some honey on toast. Shame you got the moldy bits too... has been rife around here. Interestingly some late started Purple Ryders I have are still going strong (and getting purple as the temps drop) - these have avoided rot so far and sticky as (insert expletive). mmm But after earlier rot in my main varieties I'm glad I have them close to do inspections every couple of days.

This is not a vintage year for Canna but a great year for mould ! I also think the crap august also contributed to the late flowering of all my plants and has made the area really damp which is bringing on the mould. Had to chop the best plant today as over the last 3 days night time temps have plumeted to 2 or 3 and nearly half the buds have rotted. I lay no blame at the genetics I have had it good weather wise for the last 5 years but this seasons been a shocker. The forest dreams are way behind but are still green and healthy as is the early skunk. The fresian duck hasnt really bloomed and is struggling with the conditions but to be fair shes in the worst spot i use. The green pheno fresians are mouldless and are frosting up and both still green n healthy while the purple pheno developed fastest but moulded fastest too. The lylac pheno struggled with mould on the stalks in august but the buds are holding up in flower. The weather has been good this week so maybe we will have an extended season, really hope so !
DSCF1872.JPG

Earlyskunk and green pheno fresian at the back, both about 7 to 8 ft high.
DSCF1870.JPG

Green Fresian
DSCF1873.JPG

Fesian Duck
DSCF1874.JPG

DSCF1875.JPG

DSCF1876.JPG

Forest dream shes in a 3 gallon bucket but is easily 8 ft high ! some resin and a good smell so she should produce something
DSCF1881.JPG
DSCF1880.JPG
DSCF1879.JPG
DSCF1878.JPG

These are some mould shots from the purple pheno fresian, ive visited every day for 3 days and every day mould all over the place, its really hard to spot on purple buds too. Ive got about 6 good big buds and the rest is shake fodder, im leaving the rest till next week now and the early skunk and forest dreams im going to leave untill the stalks are mush !

Heres the rest of the photos
DSCF1882.JPG

The purple pheno fresian dew after 2 days of low night time temps and lots of mould.
DSCF1883.JPG

wish i could have left her longer but I cant visit again untill sunday and there may have been none left by then !
DSCF1886.JPG

Green Fresian in a mop bucket, this plant looked like nothing in July and look at her now ! Feel like taking her home
DSCF1884.JPG

Forest dream on the left and lylac fresian on the right.

Well atleast Wales are performing in the sports world, my crop so far hasnt been vintage but with the best plant still going and sound weather till the weekend the herbs looking up.
DSCF1899.JPG

DSCF1900.JPG

Fresian Duck suffered with the conditions but does look stealthy, not your average canna shape, buds or leafs. She packs a punch too more of a heavy hit than fresian dew.
DSCF1887.JPG

DSCF1889.JPG

The two Lylac ish fresians are both down too, seems the purple coloured phenos suffer most with mold the green one is still going strong only tiny bits of mould so far.
DSCF1907.JPG

DSCF1910.JPG

Early skunk still healthy ish ! lots of resinous potent smelling popcorn buds down the stalks too. Think she will come down this weekend along with the forest dreams.

All plants down now and the season is over. The early skunk smells potent, didnt produce great buds buts theres lots of small frosty bong fodder and should be a nice contrast to the fresians. She didnt start flowering quick enough and was lucky the last month had some good sunshine as she would have yielded naff all at the end of september. She resisted mould quite well though and developed branches on the branches so with some lst and a better spot she could produce more.
DSCF1934.JPG

DSCF1937.JPG

Early skunk by sensi seeds into the 3rd week of October at lat 53 in the UK.

Forest Dream also benefited from the gulf streams effects through sept oct she handled the low temps well and was mouldless at the end. Bloomed more towards the end of sept into oct and has a very fruity hazey smell so excited about this ones effects.
DSCF1923.JPG

DSCF1925.JPG

DSCF1927.JPG

DSCF1931.JPG

Could have gone on for a few more weeks but lovely smells and plenty of resin a welcome addition to the garden.

And last but not least the always delivering lady of the mountains Fresian Dew, this green pheno lady has saved the day with some solid sweet smelling sticky buds. Green pheno fresian handles the dampness and the low temps better than the purpley phenos and has a deeper stone so im looking foreward to sampling this beauty as shes had 2 more weeks to mature than my usual plants.
DSCF1936.JPG

DSCF1945.JPG

DSCF1941.JPG

So game over ! Sampling should start on wednesday but im itching to chop up some testers and get the ps3 quick drying some for the rugby later, think ive got enough for the year now so there you have it self sufficiency achieved again.

Well done - I have also just lifted the last of my Purple Ryders (unfortunately a new neighbour forced them out of my coldframe and back into the wild - but I'll create a separate post for that :(

Strange you found the purples more susceptible to mould - I found quite the reverse (tho you're right it is much harder to spot on a dark bud).

Now you can enjoy the fruits of your labour. :)

Back