Mephisto Genetics Grape Crinkle....bring it on!

Freeze your trim dude, you can always do something with it that's inexpensive.. Be it some butter or rosin, some dry sift, even a little set of bubble bags don't run much at all thesedays! There's a bazillion options for little monies and grape crinkle is a winner for extractions!
Keep up the great work anyway :D

Freeze your trim dude, you can always do something with it that's inexpensive.. Be it some butter or rosin, some dry sift, even a little set of bubble bags don't run much at all thesedays! There's a bazillion options for little monies and grape crinkle is a winner for extractions!
Keep up the great work anyway :D

I plead my ignorance here. I have been looking a YouTube videos and I had no idea bubble bag were so easy to work with! All this trim I could have easily been doing something with and I have been just trowing it away. I'll get a set of bags ordered from someplace and have them ready. At day 38 this next Grape Crinkle is already showing frost on her smaller fan leaves.

Day 41.....today I decided to give her a bucket change and while moving her around I got the first whiff of a sweet, oh so sweet grape'ish smell! She has had a couple more cola's shoot up in height and the taller cola's are all at about 27" tall(68.5cm). So far I have not done much defoliating like I normally do and am just letting nature run it's course. I have been just trimming out lower popcorn sites.

GC2_day41.jpg
GC2_bud_day41.jpg

Thats a beauty man! Full and luscious

Dude you know you can grow actual bushes now right? You don't have to grow those lanky stretchy girls any more, hahahahahhahaha FUCKIN monster BUSH dude!! Nice job!

She is on Day 44, so we are well past the half way mark. I thought she was going to be a bit smaller than my first Grape Crinkle and frankly I was hoping it would be given the space I have to work with. But it seems she has really filled out in the last few days and is just a big as the last plant at this point .....plant to big.....it's a real world problem folks! I wish we could get some other growers doing the Grape Crinkle in a DWC set up. I would really like to be able to compare with other growers. I truly believe that with more room, 5 gallon bucket and more lights that the Grape Crinkle could be a 1 pound plant without to much work. I figure if I can pull over 3/4 of a pound(12.47oz) with a pretty basic set up someone else with better equipment could easily add 3.5oz to a plant without a problem.

GC2_day44.jpg

She is on Day 44, so we are well past the half way mark. I thought she was going to be a bit smaller than my first Grape Crinkle and frankly I was hoping it would be given the space I have to work with. But it seems she has really filled out in the last few days and is just a big as the last plant at this point .....plant to big.....it's a real world problem folks! I wish we could get some other growers doing the Grape Crinkle in a DWC set up. I would really like to be able to compare with other growers. I truly believe that with more room, 5 gallon bucket and more lights that the Grape Crinkle could be a 1 pound plant without to much work. I figure if I can pull over 3/4 of a pound(12.47oz) with a pretty basic set up someone else with better equipment could easily add 3.5oz to a plant without a problem.

View attachment 620603

HB bro I am going to ask you honestly and I take your opinion greatly, do you HONESTLY think the GC can produce a 1lb plant? I have the best dwc setup in lifes history comin up. So if you REALLY think it can be done, I will not grow the HBBSS or SODKs I will run the GC's first. You got 13 zips off a gc? and that was in a 3.5 gallon? fuuugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg now I have some more shit to think about. Oh and I have the sodkxfantasmo comin which I thought was going to be their biggest plant but fuck man 13 zips, I know I could pack on another couple of zips for sure! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

@derek420colorado Like I said I have a pretty basic set up....fair to say right? I am not using anything fancy for nutes. Just General Hydroponics Flora 3 part with a little Botanicare Silica and GH's liquid KoolBloom as a booster. I just about laugh when I see guys pulling out 10 bottles of stuff to mix together. Anyways. I have outgrown my cabinet for sure. I had to cut a pretty good chunk off the main cola on the first GC that was burned by the lights. Add to that a good bit of popcorn I was to lazy to trim off the bottom of the plant that got trashed and I bet I ditched a solid half ounce dry. So now you only have to come up with 3oz more. I have had to trim off a number of lower branches to be able to get even this current plant in and out of my cabinet. I would think the flower off those now gone branches would have of been another ounce. Add some more space so she can spread her legs and let light get into her better = more bud. It's like this, this current plant is so jammed into my 35"x24" of floor space you can almost NOT see the lights up through the plant, she's that dense. More lights( can still add 2 more Cree cxb3590 COB's to my current driver in my DIY fixture) would help tighten up the nugs a lot but again my limited height keeps me from getting my LED's out of the plants stress zone so adding more I feel would only hurt yield rather than add to it. So to answer your question Derek .....YES....I really do feel a 1 pound Grape Crinkle is very doable. I know Tetra9 has a GC in a DWC bucket but I think his is under a HID fixture but his has grown rather tall and not bushy like mine. It just seems the LED has helped me keep my girls short and bushy. My Sour Crack and the Bomb Seeds Cherry Bomb I did in this same set up both were big fat bushy bitches. I have been asked if I topped or fimmed and growers are surprised when I tell them I don't have to. I would love to have a 4'x4'x7 foot tent so I can grow one of these like I think they could.

I have some SODKxAlien that I am dying to grow but am very afraid it would just completely outgrow this cabinet. So sadly I guess I will wait.

I am certain a Grape Crinkle can do 1 pound!

@derek420colorado Like I said I have a pretty basic set up....fair to say right? I am not using anything fancy for nutes. Just General Hydroponics Flora 3 part with a little Botanicare Silica and GH's liquid KoolBloom as a booster. I just about laugh when I see guys pulling out 10 bottles of stuff to mix together. Anyways. I have outgrown my cabinet for sure. I had to cut a pretty good chunk off the main cola on the first GC that was burned by the lights. Add to that a good bit of popcorn I was to lazy to trim off the bottom of the plant that got trashed and I bet I ditched a solid half ounce dry. So now you only have to come up with 3oz more. I have had to trim off a number of lower branches to be able to get even this current plant in and out of my cabinet. I would think the flower off those now gone branches would have of been another ounce. Add some more space so she can spread her legs and let light get into her better = more bud. It's like this, this current plant is so jammed into my 35"x24" of floor space you can almost NOT see the lights up through the plant, she's that dense. More lights( can still add 2 more Cree cxb3590 COB's to my current driver in my DIY fixture) would help tighten up the nugs a lot but again my limited height keeps me from getting my LED's out of the plants stress zone so adding more I feel would only hurt yield rather than add to it. So to answer your question Derek .....YES....I really do feel a 1 pound Grape Crinkle is very doable. I know Tetra9 has a GC in a DWC bucket but I think his is under a HID fixture but his has grown rather tall and not bushy like mine. It just seems the LED has helped me keep my girls short and bushy. My Sour Crack and the Bomb Seeds Cherry Bomb I did in this same set up both were big fat bushy bitches. I have been asked if I topped or fimmed and growers are surprised when I tell them I don't have to. I would love to have a 4'x4'x7 foot tent so I can grow one of these like I think they could.

I have some SODKxAlien that I am dying to grow but am very afraid it would just completely outgrow this cabinet. So sadly I guess I will wait.

I am certain a Grape Crinkle can do 1 pound!

Lol I guess I should have been more specific lol, let me ask you this my dude. annnnd I am almost positive I have described my upcoming setup to you, if not I will briefly. 8 gallon DWC with 50lpm air in a greenhouse that gets converted each night to a 1400 watt CMH indoor grow and co2 enrichment to 1300 ppms 4 times a day for 20 mins. What is the BIGGEST you think a grape crinkle could get

Back