New Grower Gone 13 grows Fast Buds LSD-25 as pure perlite hempie.

hesgone13

"Too hot to open, too cool to bluff"
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dark Devil, DP Blueberry Auto, LSD-25
Although this will actually be my third grow, I decided to put my journal here as I made so many mistakes on the first two that they aren't much for a learning experience. I know that mistakes are a way to learn but things got so crossed up with those grows that I'm not exactly sure when events that happened early in the grow actually happened and in what order.

Mods: If you think it belongs elsewhere, please move it where it should be. Thanks!

General info:

Strain:
Fast Buds LSD-25

Medium: !00% small size perlite in 2.5 gallon bucket

Light: 1800W Crx Sunny COB........actual ouput around 285W.

Space: Growing in a 4x6 bedroom closet

Nutrients: Greenleaf's MegaCrop 2.0, Snow Storm Ultra, and Cal-Mag if necessary.

Light Duration: 24/0 except for a couple of days post breakthrough; I use 20/4 then. I start the COB out at 40" and gradually reduce the distance. At 8 days post breakthrough, it is at 35".

Initial Activity: The seed was taken from my storage in the refrigerator and placed in a dark cabinet and allowed to come to room temp. 24 hours later the seed was placed in distilled water in my official Led Zeppelin germination[shot]glass. 24 hours from then, the seed had cracked open. I don't use the paper towel method anymore as I had some trouble with it, but if it works for you, go for it! The seed was planted in its initial container which is a cut down 1/2 gallon milk jug to a height of 3.5" with the hempy drainage hole drilled at about 3/4 of an inch from the bottom to create a small reservoir for water and nutes. I then cover the jug with duct tape to prevent root damage from light. I will explain the hempy concept later for those unfamiliar with it.
Other  Day73     3.JPG

I place the cracked seed in a lightly dampened root riot plug that was cut down by roughly 1/3. I had some trouble with the seed falling through the hole and getting blocked off. I pinch the central hole slightly closed which keeps the seed about 3/4" from the surface. I then watered with about 20ml in a circle just out from the root plug. I usually do this twice a day. Grow light is set at 40" above soil.

36 hours later: We have breakthrough! Day One is February 19th.

LSD-25   001  Germination  02-19-19.jpg

I continued to water very lightly for the next couple of days as they continued to grow. After 3 days or so, I noticed she looked a little leggy......reaching for the light, so I positioned light 2" lower. Oh, should mention....temp stays around 70.....I try to keep the humidity above 40% but it's hard this time of year due to the heat of the furnace. I did have to get a humidifier, though!

Day 6: Second leaf pair out. This is when I like to start very light nutes. I filled the container until run off with degassed tap water, 1Gm Mega-Crop/Gal, pHed to 6.1.

Day 8: Appears to have tolerated the nutes well and is still reaching for the light. I dropped the light another 2" so it is now 36" above the plant.
LSD-25   002   Day 8.jpg

LSD-25   003   Day 8.jpg

I may go back and expand some things but otherwise I'm going to try to post updates each week. I must apologize for the poor quality of my pics....my camera is stuck in auto mode.

I would like to thank the wonderful folks at AFN for answering my noob questions and being ready with advice. Special thanks to @Jraven , @trailanimal , @Weed Warrior , @archie gemmill , @the green bandit , @pop22 , @Mañ'O'Green , @bushmasterar15 and extra special thanks to @Mike20132 who really has come through with help and advice. I apologize for anyone I missed, but "Thank you!"

Last edited:
Although this will actually be my third grow, I decided to put my journal here as I made so many mistakes on the first two that they aren't much for a learning experience. I know that mistakes are a way to learn but things got so crossed up with those grows that I'm not exactly sure when events that happened early in the grow actually happened and in what order.

Mods: If you think it belongs elsewhere, please move it where it should be. Thanks!

General info:

Strain:
Fast Buds LSD-25

Medium: !00% small size perlite in 2.5 gallon bucket

Light: 1800W Crx Sunny COB........actual ouput around 285W.

Space: Growing in a 4x6 bedroom closet

Nutrients: Greenleaf's MegaCrop 2.0, Snow Storm Ultra, and Cal-Mag if necessary.

Light Duration: 24/0 except for a couple of days post breakthrough; I use 20/4 then. I start the COB out at 40" and gradually reduce the distance. At 8 days post breakthrough, it is at 35".

Initial Activity: The seed was taken from my storage in the refrigerator and placed in a dark cabinet and allowed to come to room temp. 24 hours later the seed was placed in distilled water in my official Led Zeppelin germination[shot]glass. 24 hours from then, the seed had cracked open. I don't use the paper towel method anymore as I had some trouble with it, but if it works for you, go for it! The seed was planted in its initial container which is a cut down 1/2 gallon milk jug to a height of 3.5" with the hempy drainage hole drilled at about 3/4 of an inch from the bottom to create a small reservoir for water and nutes. I then cover the jug with duct tape to prevent root damage from light. I will explain the hempy concept later for those unfamiliar with it.
View attachment 1021364

I place the cracked seed in a lightly dampened root riot plug that was cut down by roughly 1/3. I had some trouble with the seed falling through the hole and getting blocked off. I pinch the central hole slightly closed which keeps the seed about 3/4" from the surface. I then watered with about 20ml in a circle just out from the root plug. I usually do this twice a day. Grow light is set at 40" above soil.

36 hours later: We have breakthrough! Day One is February 19th.

View attachment 1021372

I continued to water very lightly for the next couple of days as they continued to grow. After 3 days or so, I noticed she looked a little leggy......reaching for the light, so I positioned light 2" lower. Oh, should mention....temp stays around 70.....I try to keep the humidity above 40% but it's hard this time of year due to the heat of the furnace. I did have to get a humidifier, though!

Day 6: Second leaf pair out. This is when I like to start very light nutes. I filled the container until run off with degassed tap water, 1Gm Mega-Crop/Gal, pHed to 6.1.

Day 8: Appears to have tolerated the nutes well and is still reaching for the light. I dropped the light another 2" so it is now 36" above the plant.View attachment 1021399

View attachment 1021400

I may go back and expand some things but otherwise I'm going to try to post updates each week. I must apologize for the poor quality of my pics....my camera is stuck in auto mode.

I would like to thank the wonderful folks at AFN for answering my noob questions and being ready with advice. Special thanks to @Jraven , @trailanimal , @Weed Warrior , @archie gemmill , @the green bandit , @pop22 , @Mañ'O'Green , @bushmasterar15 and extra special thanks to @Mike20132 who really has come through with help and advice. I apologize for anyone I missed, but "Thank you!"
cheers hg13!
I bet you learned more from your disappointments than you realize. Stuff will come up that harks back and you'll be thinking about it. Nothing to do but relax, have fun, and see what comes up.

cheers hg13!
I bet you learned more from your disappointments than you realize. Stuff will come up that harks back and you'll be thinking about it. Nothing to do but relax, have fun, and see what comes up.
Thanks, TA....I'm sure you are right about learning for my mistakes.....I can't help but think that more than a few may come up with this grow.

Mind if i join the fun?

Climb aboard! I'm sure that I will need every bit of help I can find. Really interested in how this Fast Buds LSD turns out.......an indica with a trippy buzz......sounds almost perfect!

Back