Outdoor Gh grow round two NO TILL( SoOregon seeds and Original strain seeds )

I started to mix my soil and I am letting the compost dry up some

c5c83dcbc45a6f01315daa376a402137.jpg

64aa00ab3db6b7d1dd73be47a48fbcd6.jpg

Ok the worms got here faster than expected. Anyways the soil recipe I was going by said that it would fill six 10 gallon pots .... It only filled 2.5 of them .... it’s not a big deal I just need to buy more balsalt. I can make more later I am going to run two plants outside and one inside. The one for inside I will make more of the mix hopefully tomorrow. I need to get some alfalfa and plant the Dutch clove seeds.

So if you guys haven’t heard about mountain organics then please check them out. I found them on ig and love what they do. I bought the sprout tonic and on their website they do have articles talking about no till. I bought two comfrey plants (3-4 years old) and I will be buying seeds of borage, mint , and nettle. I have a huge lot and the front yard I have a huge drought tolerant garden (90% CA natives I barely have to water anything. No huge water bill on some boring ass lawn) I have yarrow so I will pull one plant out the ground and bring them in the gh. So the cover crop I have is Dutch clover but CA has native species of cloves. I found sources locally that sell bulk seeds. I am going to buy some because I also read that some cover crops can choke out weeds. I want to try them in the yard and see what happens. I know the butterflies and bees will be happy once I plant the seeds of all the plants I listed.

Ps mixing the soil was a damn workout lmao ..... time for some lunch. I also posted pic of the two recipes. I didn’t have 1 cubic ft of humus but mountain organics doesn’t use humus and I only put 0.5 cubic feet of growstone to replace the perlite. I think a full 1 cubic ft of the growstone would be over kill.

8dc610b27b5c13c31faf8d5bf2c364db.jpg
8456d929a1dcb6dc5c0b87bd13cb4c94.jpg
b574b524d8213f8727574536a2a51ddb.jpg

Updates : I ordered a roll of aluminet for the greenhouse we have been getting some days in the 90s and the gh temp is like 120-130F yikes !!!!

I have been having bad luck germinating the black cream seeds. 3 are gone so far. The one I planted in the gh hasn’t sprouted yet and I think it’s because it’s too hot right now and I wasn’t watering the pots enough. I put both no till pots under the piece of shade cloth I have dangling in the gh. The dark devil strain doesn’t seem to have much difficulty germinating it finally sprouted

66a088c08d743182c1fda226a21ae872.jpg

My cousin gave me a jar of seeds that her husband had before he passed. She said that these are seeds found in buds that he bought. I have about 50 plus seeds. I want to test them out in the gh but I don’t know on how to go about this. Some of the seeds will be males probably. I seen other growers sprout many seeds and cull very quickly by picking out the seedlings that aren’t growing vigorously. These seeds are also photoperiods btw. So I am not sure what to do yet.
55ae8b976f0a0d6a37a12aef7290eb0b.jpg

Grow em all in same conditions, start all in same pots for a couple of weeks, then transplant em to bigger pots and while doing it you can select the first and after another couple of weeks select again and show here.

Or just grow 2 or so at a time and grow them out. If males are found cull and start another of your coffee shop seed blend. Who knows what goodness may be hidden in tho seeds
2 cents[emoji12]

Sent from my garden [emoji482]

I haven’t been on here in a while but I have more updates ! So the zone I live in it’s way too hot to use fabric pots. I ditched the fabric pots and redid them all. I carefully picked out all the red wigglers to not kill the poor guys. I also found a useful thread on another forum about autos in no till. I am going to make my own seed starter mix as directed via that (thread on other forum )

So I have three 7 gal no till for my autos. Then a 15-20 gal no till for the photoperiods. I plant to make more for the photoperiods later.

I also think I am going to wet down the compost I have. It’s llama manure and it is having a hard time breaking down ( because of my hot climate) so when I had the fabric pots I had so many issues and dry spots. Some of the manure was rock hard.

43d1fd4e16ae055ae3a2b41362ca1441.jpg
10771b7a3568caaa1ebd090401fae98e.jpg

Back