Outdoor GG goes big hemp.

Setup looks sweet. Just an observation and curious on your thoughts. Do you think the clear tubing will cause any issue with algae and lights. I always think back to reading posts of drip line users that had clear valves that would grow algae. Is the fast moving current of water better so clear is ok. Or is there something that makes it a non issue. If you run beneficial bacteria dies that negate the need to be so nervous about light leaks into the water system. I run DWC so I’d love your thought but I know you are very busy.

Lab looks fantastic. I have been doing small scale vacuum distillation recently with lab equipment and love the results.
FB

I have yet to see algea in tubing, but your right, it could happen. I think pumping some bleach through between runs may cure it, but who knows. If it becomes a problem I will use insulation "noodles' to block the light. I don't think a bit of algae would cause me much problem anyway, I have two massive airstones and a waterfall pulling oxygen into the water. I think the main problem with algae is it eating up your oxygen.

If you look close at the rotovap head (the part that comes out of the motor housing and attaches to the condenser coils) there is redneck rigging there. I busted the main input valve and the stem that goes into the boiling flask and had to rig up some tubing and block off the excess holes to make it airtight again. I'm still shocked it works! I found a glass blower to fix the valve and stem and now the glass is all back together again. In that pic up there though, the intake valve is silicone tubing jammed through the opening that is supposed to be for a thermometer to measure vapor temps. The input head is blocked off with a flask stopper and duct tape !

Last edited:
Cool and interesting any problems with deer munching the canabis ? Ill be in for Sunday services .:worship::worship:

Not much with the deer. We have evidence of them in the field, and also coyote and raccoons. Plenty of birdshit on the branches too. None of them are really much trouble though. If they eat a bit we don't mind, we have lots. On a small scale though, they could eat your whole crop in ten minutes. Once you get into the scale of many acres it's not much a problem unless you have a whole herd eating at once I suppose.

Sounds like CBD farming is 100 % legal in the USA now . I heard that its treated like any other crop now .

Sounds like CBD farming is 100 % legal in the USA now . I heard that its treated like any other crop now .

For the most part it is. It is still requiring extra testing, regulations, and permits. It depends on which part of the US you are in. Where my brother lives the regulations for cannabis are easier than those for hemp. It's kindof a mess, but it shouldn't be much longer till regulations catch up across the country.

Back